CONFIRMED by LV - LV WILL have a price increase on Nov 1st

Virgo

O.G.
Feb 24, 2006
I emailed LV yesterday to ask if there would be an increase and here is the response I received. I am disgusted with them right now.

"We would like to thank you for your visit on our web site and your
interest in Louis Vuitton.

Louis Vuitton does expect a price increase to take place effective
November 1st, 2006.
In Louis Vuitton's efforts to continue producing
products of exceptional quality and savoir faire, it is sometimes
necessary to initiate price changes based on increasing costs for
energy, employment of skilled artisans, and various other factors
including, but not limited to exchange rate (Louis Vuitton is based in
Paris, and thus based on the Euro); customs, duties and import taxes.
We hope you will enjoy the uncompromised beauty of your final finished
product.

We are looking forward to your next visit on our web site,
Louis Vuitton: luxury leather luggage, French fashion designer.

Best regards,
Sarah Sinclair - LOUIS VUITTON
[email protected]
www.louisvuitton.com"

Anyone else that is disgusted and frustated that LV has multiple price increases a year should complain to LV directly IMHO. There is an email link above. It will probably not stop this Nov 1st increase but MAYBE they will rethink their policy of frequent increases. :cursing:

I feel its so disrepectful of their customers so I don't know if I will continue to be a customer of theirs.

OMG. This really really makes me angry.

I guess it means more shopping on elux to save the money. I really love going into the boutique! We could revolt and not buy but somehow I don't think that's going to happen. UGH

Oh boy. Yes all the increases are ridiculous. :wtf:

Makes me want to chill out a bit on the purchases. Pretty soon the wallets are going to be going for $1k

Noooo.......3 times in a year ???? :hysteric: As I STILL have to wait until XMas I can just sit and watch them increasing the price of my beloved future purses....:crybaby: sad....
Whatever excuse they may find for their customers, the truth is that as long as they'll have a growth of 1X % a year they'll do so......to maintain the luxury status (while continue to "employ" interns in their headquarters....:hysteric: )

I actually don't know of any other company in their league that does that. With Balenciaga, there was a price increase for the first time in quite a while this year, and the items that were out before the increase are being sold by most merchants at the same price.
I guess the value of any item is what the public will pay for it. I for one am not planning to be a member of that public much longer, I am getting REALLY fed up with the higher price/lesser quality that I'm seeing from LV right now...

In Louis Vuitton's efforts to continue producing
products of exceptional quality and savoir faire
Except that the quality is sinking.

it is sometimes necessary to initiate price changes based on increasing costs for energy, employment of skilled artisans,
Isn't LVMH using now machine-aided assembly lines to produce more bags quicker and therefore cheaper?

and various other factors including, but not limited to
CORPORATE GREED and the knowledge that people will still continue to buy their bags, regardless of any price increase.