Searching for a great coin purse...help me, please!

Loquita

May 16, 2008
I know that not everyone likes to use a coin purse, but I actually do have a need for one. Any suggestions as to a good one? I am looking for something very durable (that will last years), so I am willing to spend a bit more. I have had Balenciaga coin purses and Hayden-Harnett ones in the past, but want something a bit sturdier.

Any ideas? Also, have any of you ever owned/seen IRL a Commes des Garcons coin purse? What did you think of it? I am sorta leaning in that direction...or maybe even considering forking out the big bucks for a round LV coin purse (normally I am not a mono lover, but those things wear like iron!)

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!!! :biggrin:

This sounds really funny but the best cp I'v found is a small one made from a Coconut. I bought it on a trip to Mexico a few years ago and I have used it non-stop ever since. It is the most wonderful thing ever and it takes a beating and best of all was only a few dollars. Here are a few pics of the little guy for you. I know it's not fancy but it get's the job done and it's always easy to find in my bag. For nicer ones I've always liked Bal for their colors and BV and Hermes for the cute animals they do.

Attachments

• coconut sp 001.JPG
    coconut sp 001.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 50
  • coconut sp 003.JPG
    coconut sp 003.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 53
This sounds really funny but the best cp I'v found is a small one made from a Coconut. I bought it on a trip to Mexico a few years ago and I have used it non-stop ever since. It is the most wonderful thing ever and it takes a beating. Here are a few pics of the little guy for you. I know it's not fancy but it get's the job done and it's always easy to find in my bag.

Thanks, tater! That is SO CUTE!!! I wish that I could find something unique and durable like that... :smile:

The round LV ones are really cute. Are the round ones always special editions, like groom or MOCA?? I don't know - but they are fun.

No, they are not always special editions (which is good, because the special editions are even more expensive!) There is a regular mono (and I have also seen mini lin) round coin person, and that would be the one I am considering.

Hi Loquita: I've really never found anything sturdier than the Coach coin purse I have...kisslock and black leather with fabric (cleanable) lining. Great price, under 40, at the outlet. I have a gorgeous Goldenbleu Ella in water (love love love it), but the lining is suede (uncleanable for me), so I use it for my cell phone instead. Money is too dirty for the suede...lol.

My black leather Coach coin purse is in the first pic or my collection: http://forum.purseblog.com/your-bag-showcase/yes-cute-bags-by-no-cute-405444.html

Last edited:
If you go to thefind.com and type in coin purse or kisslock coin purse you can see a lot of them. I have a red patent kisslock coin purse by express and there are costume jewels on the kisslocks, it is red, I love it and got it at Marshalls for like 4 dollars