Swift and Lieege

katyc

Jul 6, 2006
Hi Hermes addicts :P

Can I ask about Swift and Lieege leathers ??

Is swift very soft and collapsable like clemence ?

Is Lieege an embossed leather ?
Is it heavy like fjord ???

TIA gals :heart: :heart:

Dunno about swift, haven't felt it IRL, but vache liegee is very light! There's a 32 sellier Kelly in VL in my store which I carried around and hardly felt it! I believe it's a naturally grained leather. The only thing is, it feels quite stiff (good for sellier Kellys I guess) but also kinda dry.

Dunno about swift, haven't felt it IRL, but vache liegee is very light! There's a 32 sellier Kelly in VL in my store which I carried around and hardly felt it! I believe it's a naturally grained leather. The only thing is, it feels quite stiff (good for sellier Kellys I guess) but also kinda dry.

Oooh, thank you Sue. I always thought Liegee is heavy like fjord !

Does anybody have a large bag in Swift ?
I wonder if a 35cm Swift birkin will collapse :shrugs:

Katyc, I have a 32cm souple Kelly in swift and I find that the leather is very similar to box except not shiny but matte. It's not heavy in my opinion so the slouch factor is really not an issue. I think I remember reading somewhere on HG's leather reference guide that swift leather is very durable and pretty scratch resistant, of course not as much as fjord or chevre, but certainly more than box. The slouch factor is excellent since it doesnt weigh as much as togo or clemence. I really love my swift kelly and it takes the color really well. BTW, I have a Havanne kelly.

Katyc, I have a 32cm souple Kelly in swift and I find that the leather is very similar to box except not shiny but matte. It's not heavy in my opinion so the slouch factor is really not an issue. I think I remember reading somewhere on HG's leather reference guide that swift leather is very durable and pretty scratch resistant, of course not as much as fjord or chevre, but certainly more than box. The slouch factor is excellent since it doesnt weigh as much as togo or clemence. I really love my swift kelly and it takes the color really well. BTW, I have a Havanne kelly.

I've heard Swift is a lovely soft smooth leather.
I'll not hesitate to get it in a small bag.

I'm just thinking if it can sustain the weight of my 'junk' if I were to have a 35cm birkin in Swift :sweatdrop:

I'm just thinking if it can sustain the weight of my 'junk' if I were to have a 35cm birkin in Swift :sweatdrop:[/quote]

HAHA!! Depends on how much "junk" you have!!! I think that if you are even considering togo or clemence in a birkin, you should also put swift amongst your considerations, IMHO. It's definitely lighter than togo or clemence and won't slouch over time like t or c.

I'm just thinking if it can sustain the weight of my 'junk' if I were to have a 35cm birkin in Swift :sweatdrop:

HAHA!! Depends on how much "junk" you have!!! I think that if you are even considering togo or clemence in a birkin, you should also put swift amongst your considerations, IMHO. It's definitely lighter than togo or clemence and won't slouch over time like t or c.[/quote]

I've always ONLY wanted epsom or chevre for my 35cm birkin.
I think Liegee should be able to do the 'job' but I think its heavier than epsom and chevre.

Just not too sure about Swift because it sounds like a delicate leather, maybe more suited for a 30cm purse :P

I love, love swift! I don't have one yet but held several swift bags at the boutique. Swift is very soft and I love the feel of it. I don't think it slouches too much like clemence.

Vache liegee is stiff and I think works best for people who like rigid bags. I prefer my bags also rigid, but vache liegee seems to have 2-tone coloring (especially in lighter bags), which might be difficult to repair later if it gets a deep scratch.

My SA offered a Swift kelly to me 32 and 35 ... as I'm not a big fan of soft, smooth leathers, I pass on it.

Swift is not unlike box calf, very smooth and soft. Not sure about Lieege. Why don't you go to the store and asks to see the Hermes leather book.

Hope that helps.

My 30cm vermillon tohu bohu garden party tote is swift. It feels wonderful and so far (ok, I've only had it for a few weeks) it keeps its shape beautifully! Since it is the same leather as the old Gulliver and I've seen vintage Gulliver pieces that retain their shape I have high hopes for swift!

katyc,
I have compaired the swift leather swatch with box calf, and I personally think that the resemblence to each other is up to the fact that both are smooth leathers. Swift is matte whilst box calf is glossy. Swift is very souple whereas box calf is rigide.

Will swift slouch? Yes 100%, even more so than clemence over time. Consider this - Hermes will be producing the Lindy (available 1Q2007) in both clemence and swift, simply because of the high slouch factor.

If you choose swift for your 35cm Birkin, over time it will slouch.

Since you'd already considered Epsom for your 35cm, I think you will find Vache Liegee very agreeable. I have a 35cm choc VL, and I am certain that this is one bag that will hold its shape over time. It is not an ambossed leather but a natural grain. I have never had the opportunity to compare a VL and a chevre side by side, so I cannot say which will feel lighter/heavier. But I am 100% certain it is much lighter than Fjord.