Help! Cleaning Coach Bag (Hairspray)

Bellapeach

Oct 16, 2006
:sad: I have a Large red leather Coach hobo bag that I bought about 4-5 yrs ago. The most expensive bag I've ever bought, but that's not the point , I LOVED IT !!
Last year I had a small aerosol can of hairspray in the bag, and unbeknownst to me my boyfriend was using my bag to rest his elbow on. Within minutes I noticed the spraying noise, buy the time I found it he had deployed about half of the bottle into my purse. Know I have three large stains that went through the lining to the outside of the purse, the leather is discolored a darker red color and is a bit stiff. I have used everything that I can find to try to clean this including my Coach cleaning products. I have not tried professional cleaning. Can anyone help me with this? I love this bag, and would like to use it again. Thank you in advance for any advise. Bella

I just sent my embossed book tote to Lovin' My Bags for removal of a stain. It actually should be waiting for me when I get home today. They were recommended to me by other PFers (I found it searching the threads of Balenciaga forum) and they specialize in restoring/cleaning designer bags. Barbara, one of the owners, is really helpful and nice to deal with. They also have a line of cleaners - if you write to them, I'm sure Barbara could tell you if the cleaner itself could help you or if they'll have to clean it professionally for you. The website is lovinmybags.com

You should definitely make your boyfriend pay for the repair/cleaner!

Coach doesn't offer any cleaning services, they however do sell the cleaner/moisturizer for CERTAIN leathers. I'm not sure if you can use it on red leather however and I honestly do not think hairspray will come out of the leather unfortunetly.

SA's jump in here...I thought coach would do that for a fee???? I've heard of folks doing it...