Which scarf/pointu/pochette are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much, ladies! Your posts are my inspirations:woohoo:....I hesitated buying the 70 carre, having never seen it in person before. Finally decided to adopt it with intention to frame and hang in the nursery, sort of Easter present for the boys. One look and a knot later, I knew I had to find something else for the boys (sorry, babies!). Have a lovely spring day, everyone!
Lanit-- these are for you....

Ohhhh, i love this :love::love::love::love::love:
I missed the title, what is this one please ?

Ohhhh, i love this :love::love::love::love::love:
I missed the title, what is this one please ?
Hello, Millicat!... This beauty does not have any title or artist signature on it. I noticed some of these scarves (70cm cashmere/silk) don't. Maybe dear Seton can help us on this. So far, only saw one with title (Les Sources de La Vie -- sadly, asking price is too high so I decided to pass)
PS. Just found and adopted another one a few minutes ago:happydance: Will post photos, soon.

Hello, Millicat!... This beauty does not have any title or artist signature on it. I noticed some of these scarves (70cm cashmere/silk) don't. Maybe dear Seton can help us on this. So far, only saw one with title (Les Sources de La Vie -- sadly, asking price is too high so I decided to pass)
PS. Just found and adopted another one a few minutes ago:happydance: Will post photos, soon.

tryin to do this quick. really dont have time for this.
this is Ronde des Elephants by Celine HUON (I am spelling exact as in the book) from Sp 2005. yrs is the cw in book
ref 74 2270S col 2.
these cash/silk voile 70s were not popular n H did it only for a yr, I think

bye

With hood up its windy out there.
Isn't that blue so delicious? And the contrast hem as well? Thank you for the photos.

Remember when Tosca Tango not so rhetorically asked, "who would want to wear wolves on her chest?" Me! Here is my first animal post. Went to doctor so I thought a little dog strength would be appropriate.
Oops hope everything is ok sparklelisab :hugs:. I hope I'm not the only one but I love the wolves in this scarf more than the polar bear :biggrin:. If I can have a pet puppy, I'll get a husky - love its wild eyes!

Monday's ELK (yes again) for welcoming the spring rain. Here's to those sakura blossoms of Ms. Piggy's - this shawl reminds me of them.
Very fresh and feminine colorway of ELeK my friend! The shawl suits you so well!

Last edited:
My favorite animals in H scarves? Horses, birds, and tigers.
Funny, I was thinking about how to get all those three in one shoot so that I don't have to take 3 pictures (I'm THAT lazy), so this is what I came up with:
IMG_5193.jpg

A tiger with Pegase wings!
Dallet, if you're out of ideas, please make scarf with a tiger that can fly .Thank you and best regards - Greedy Chestnut. :lol:

Ok ok enough joking, my contribution this week is the Pegase scarf in tourterelle (not white).
IMG_5076.jpg

Last edited:
Lanit, this looks amazing on you!!!

Love the Kimono shawl on you, lanit, another fav print of mine. And congrats on the lovely new Galop necklace, it is FAB on you!

Very fresh and feminine colorway of ELeK my friend! The shawl suits you so well!

Thank you pjlatte, ms piggy and chestnutty. The Galop is such an elegant and understated piece. I'm glad it was available at my store. And ELK is always a spring favorite for me.

My favorite animals in H scarves? Horses, birds, and tigers.
Funny, I was thinking about how to get all those three in one shoot so that I don't have to take 3 pictures (I'm THAT lazy), so this is what I came up with:
IMG_5193.jpg

A tiger with Pegase wings!
Dallet, if you're out of ideas, please make scarf with a tiger that can fly .Thank you and best regards - Greedy Chestnut. :lol:

Ok ok enough joking, my contribution this week is the Pegase scarf in tourterelle (not white).
IMG_5076.jpg
chestnutty - what a sublime and rare colorway of Le Pegase! It would go so well with my silver necklace! Fabulous photos and silks!

tryin to do this quick. really dont have time for this.
this is Ronde des Elephants by Celine HUON (I am spelling exact as in the book) from Sp 2005. yrs is the cw in book
ref 74 2270S col 2.
these cash/silk voile 70s were not popular n H did it only for a yr, I think

bye

Thank you very much, i appreciate your time :hugs:

OK, Suggested SCARF WEEK themes (Based on TangoTosca's, with changes/additions from Chestnutty and me):

APRIL
(March 31/April 1) Those Were the Days, Part IV: 1950/60’s or older scarves Or...(in honor of Apil Fool”s day- Scarves that fool the eye)
7 April Double your Pleasure, Double your Fun: Two Scarves
14 April The Universe on my scarves: Sun, Moon, Stars, Planets, and Mythology
21 April How does your Garden Grow? - Botanical Scarves to celebrate Spring (include a detail and name a flower, tree etc. - pictures if you have them!)
28 April Pierre Marie (or other risiing stars)

MAY
5 May In honor of Mother’s Day: I remember Mom’s scarves back in those days...(Scarves that remind you of your mother and/or grandmothers, or scarves that you’d love to pass on to your dear children someday)
12 May Scarves from Spain or Latin America in honor of Mexico’s Cinco de Mayo celebration
19 May Bye-bye Birdie: Scarves featuring birds (name at least one bird-chirp!)
26 May - The Children’s Hour: Scarves featuring toys, games, and pastimes

JUNE
2 June Your first scarf (any size and any fabric)
9 June Objectify Me: Scarves that feature collections of objects, e.g. Flacons, Les Cles
16 June Color me Happy: Show us the brightest scarves in your collection or favorite CW
23 June The Art of YOUR FAVORITE designer (and why?)
30 June The New World: Scarves about North America to celebrate US Independence Day

JULY
7 July Your Cheatin’ Heart: Our non-H silky loves (Shhh! We won’t tell.)
14 July Cloud 9: Mousselines
21 July Nontraditional is the new traditional! Show off your plisses, jersey, pointus, twillies, and pochettes
28 July Maps in any form or as a part of a scarf.

AUGUST
4 Aug The Life Aquatic: Scarves featuring water, sea life, or Nautical scarves
11 Aug Ungrails: Ah, those scarves you love to hate
18 Aug The new scarves: 2010 or later.
25 Aug Show us your tricks with scarf rings or ties (I need help!)

SEPTEMBER
1 Sept Still Have the Blues for You: Blue scarves to honor Rosh Hashanah
8 Sept Doubled Happiness: Scarf designs that you own in at least two colorways or in multiple formats
15 Sept The Royal Color: Purple scarves
22 Sept The Art of Zoe Pauwels
29 Sept Pink scarves in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month

OCTOBER
6 Oct Graffiti, or any radically new look for H
13 Oct Architecture: Scarves that feature buildings, bridges, drafting details..
20 Oct Autumn in my heart: Scarves featuring autumn or in earthy colors
27 Oct Scary scarves/colors in honor of Halloween

NOVEMBER
3 Nov Scarves that contain time or date references (...or Anything to do with Daylight Savings Time?)
10 Nov The Art of Dimitri Rybaltchenko
17 NovOh, the Weather Outside... - Scarves about the weather, e.g. snowflakes, wind
24 Nov Wearable art: Scarves you think belong in an art gallery or have a strong artistic bent

DECEMBER
1 Dec The Art of Annie Faivre (show the monkey!)
8 Dec Scarves with Contrast Hem or Ornate Borders
15 Dec Holiday Scarves!
22 Dec Nostalgia or what makes you happy/grateful for this important time.
29 Dec Roses are Red: Red scarves to start 2014 with energy!

JANUARY
5 Jan The Art of Aline Honore
12 Jan Get in shape!: Action scarves
19 Jan Now that you are tired of getting in shape, FOOD scarves (or at least, delicious ones...)
26 Jan Asia: (your interpretation) Chestnutty reminds us that the Lunar New Year 2014 is on January 31st...

FEBRUARY
2 Feb Brrrrrr! - Time for Cashmere
9 Feb My Dearest in Silk: Scarves that your significant other(s) loves to see you in
16 Feb Scarves and Shoes
23 Feb The RAREST scarf you have (or wish you had)

MARCH
2 March Jacquard Scarves
9 March Kermit Oliver (the new scarf may be out by now)
16 March Celebrate Yellow! Hoping for Summer.
23 March Critter Corner: Show us your favorite animal scarves or your favorite animal(s) featured on H scarves
30 March The Staples: Scarves that you wear the most often/workhorse scarves

Last edited:
lanit, thanks dear. love your new nacklace as a scarfy you will have a lot fun to play with.
ladybaga, thanks , i always love your pics with that huge eye of your, the beautiful smile.
Maedi, Thank you! when ever i feel having a bad hair day, hats and scarves come to save me.
chestnutty, thank you! love the tiger have the '' wing''. I have one in purple CW as well.

And catching up animal week, I took some of my animal related shawls ( no time for silk this time), I love anything related to animals.

Frist, my very favorite tiger, beaded.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 517
Status
Not open for further replies.