Which scarf/pointu/pochette are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear scarfies ;)

I guess I covered all of you, now my contribution for this Nautical week. The “L’entente cordiale” designed by Loic Dubigeon. One of my new purchases from Denmark, loved how the black contrast with the white red and all those other colors. So I'm like all into the theme even wore my D&G shirt with all the sea icons and so on lool :biggrin:

Hi SaraaT, Wow! Congratulations on your new acquisition! What a fantastic treasure! I love the bold colors and striking look!

I don't know how to do the individual bold names for addressing everyone...:sad:

So, here is my general note to thank everyone who responded with their ideas. Im going to try it with my red dress as well as find something beige for the fall (I don't own beige clothing, as washes me out - cream is closest).

I will play around with the colours in my closet and see, I'll hold onto it. :smile:

THanks again.

lanit said:
Lala- Hiya there sweets - you are looking magnificent - lovely Vive le Vent silk with details so perfect for theme week (and I would love to see the gorgeous mousseline with the ships in bottles too)! And the red croc bag To.Die.For.

Hi Lanit,
Per your request, here goes the ships in bottles mousseline!

image-1072139687.jpg

Ladybaga, What a wondeful statement piece for you room! I love how you can really appreciate the details with the glass table top. I agree with you that you have an awesome power scarf! Perfect for pushing through those tough in-service days! :graucho: Your artistic presentation of MT's scarf rings goes perfectly with your chain d'ancre design! It was fantastic to run into you on one of my travel treks to H-ville.

Thank you, lala! I can only learn from you about how to style all things H :biggrin:.
(YOU, afterall, are THE BEST!!) I need to eat my Wheeties for these in-service days, for sure. The hot orange in my Circuit gives me a needed boost of energy. It was great seeing you, too, at H! Did you decide on any new lovelies? (The PdM and "seahorse" scarves were my two new babies that I purchased when I saw you.) I'm sure we will meet again........:ghi5:

Dear scarfies ;)

hair-mess, Vinia , Ladybaga, Iris j, Pegase, and lanit Thank you all for your wonderful comments.

TangoTosca Thank you very much darling for the lovely themes. I love ur collection ur scarves and u hehe ur the best dazzling collection. Trust me we know pretty sure now u have a huge wardrop so don’t worry if u get 2 repeat stuff lool and the b4 & after looks just so cool.

Ladybaga darling hope u enjoyed spending time with ur family, now u and Israeli_Flava are twins but with different colors lool love the turqoise. The table just so cool I love the idea absolutely smart and lovely the theme fits perfectly with the table. The colors Rouge Orange/Noir/Anthracite are so nice combination and the seahorse scarf very nice. Love ur smile and congrat with all ur new scarfs.

hair-mess love the outfit fits very nice, even the camera color matches lool and I love wut u did 2 ur face loool so funny and happy, love the Brides de Gala scarfs belt looks great on u chic and stylish. & ur vintage mam wearing it too how cool is that, thank u very much for sharing.

Vinia yes indeed I encourage u 2 take vacation once a while, and yes u c them all thnx though.

Codygirl nice outfit very warm tones.

lanit thank you darling yes certainly I was having a blast in my vacation. But look how gorgeous u look?! Ur 70's theme just woow love how u combine all those colors together great just perfect. But the cowboy boots its just another story loool

Israeli_Flava looking great and hot with ur scarf great that u took it for a spin. And congrat on ur new Maharaja shawl, now u and Ladybaga are twins :biggrin:

sophieg look how nice u look J love the knot.

fritillaryB looks great I bought this same one from Denmark the Groenland got the Danish signature to how lovely ill reveal the scarf soon. & congrat on ur new blog Looks great.

BHmommy ur knot is beautifully made.

sparklelisab I love ur mouss truly the 70s theme.

TankerToad I love the DH got exactly the same in blue, & hopefully frou frou will find one soon. But ur Bikrin dressed in Sequences just another beauty nicely made and love the river BG

lily_lv ur Séquences from 2007 looks so elegant and nicely worn, don’t worry the pics are fine.

jeshika very nice blue tones.

Iris j I love the way u model very nice and the Tigre IRL looks great choice.

textilegirl very nice outfit and twilly soo nice.

pierina2 darling we miss ya enjoy the Olympics.

Jahna & frou frou beautiful still images of the ships. I have captured once the Danish royalty old ships but hopefully ill find it for post soon.

lala28 Love love and love the colors amazingly beautiful 3d effect, Vive le Vent is stunning and u wore it beautifully.

Pomba nice choice very nice blue shades.

I guess I covered all of you, now my contribution for this Nautical week. The “L’entente cordiale” designed by Loic Dubigeon. One of my new purchases from Denmark, loved how the black contrast with the white red and all those other colors. So I'm like all into the theme even wore my D&G shirt with all the sea icons and so on lool :biggrin:

Thank you, SaraaT for your comments on my scarves and table. I sure do like your L'entente cordiale scarf. What a fabulous purchase from Denmark! Thank you for showing this in detail. Amazing how much intricate work goes in to one silk! I also love your D&G blouse. You look great!

Thank you for your compliment lily_lv!

Lanit, thank you for your sweet words. It's really sorry that you cannot justify to get another Tiger scarf! Your Red/Navy Grand Fond is one of my grails I want to own one day... So 'you', and so wonderful cw. And perfect for summer too!

Sparkle, thanks for your sweet words! Love your scarf necklace. You pics show 70x70 is perfect for this knot. And lovely chic colors combinations!

Ladybaga, congratulations for all your new acquistions! Every piece is wonderfully worn. Especially, turqoise PdM is like made for you. You really wear this color beautifully. And of course, lovely earings gift from your DH!

Thank you Jeshika! The how-to is very simple. Fold your silk in bias, pass your scarf through the Bolduc ring and secure with another scarf ring...

Wonderful nautical pics!
How exciting to receive the Olympic games in your home town! I envy you!

Hi my favorite scarfies![/QUOTE
Your nautical look is so creative! You have a really amazing talent!

Hi Pomba, Nice to see you here again and congrats for your second scarf! Truly elegant and classy choice! The Cw is so BEAUTIFUL. If I was you, I would pair with beige or marron colors. And of course, Navy or black is perfect!

Tango, thank you again for your quick reactions. I really love both of your nautical scarves ( I have to say I love all of your collections!). Jonques et Sampans is classic design, but your cw looks like modern. One of my grail too...

Thank you, IrisJ! I was a bit worried that the turquoise would give me a washed out look. In photos it just doesn't pop as much as it does in real life. It has been fun pairing it with different items of clothing that pick up the blues, greens, and purples in this scarf.

Textile: Holy No! I don't even know how to handle the news--Flots in mousse? Gees.... this didn't seem that popular with the silkies, but as you know, I faint for it!
Lala: what a treat to see you my beauty! Love the shimmery chunk of horn as a centerpiece--nice slant lady!
Ladybaga: What a Belle you are! Your table first of all is a dream! How gorgeous and you wear your new silks beautifully. I love that you are buying more "power-silk." This is how I see you! I adore that you remember my quip about the sea-horse. Dang woman, you have definitely been on silk craze mode. I'm thinking of your green mousse, McQueen, and these......keep that tree watered!!!
Saraat: What a fabulously festive look. I adore your blouse with the sleeves, buttons...great piece. Your scarf looks like an extension. Can't wait to see it on an all black or white as that will really make it be center-stage.
Tango: No one does red, black and white like you do! The sails on the ships are breathtakingly beautiful. What artwork! No wonder Iris hunts for one...it is fabulous!
Lanit: If I am not mistaken you have several cws of Grand Fond. It is divine.
Pomba: I am so happy to see you and love your new scarf. You chose a classic winner and I think she will be gorgeous on several colors, just like the Silkies have said. Can't wait to see your new looks!

Last edited:
Textile: Holy No! I don't even know how to handle the news--Flots in mousse? Gees.... this didn't seem that popular with the silkies, but as you know, I faint for it!
Lala: what a treat to see you my beauty! Love the shimmery chunk of horn as a centerpiece--nice slant lady!
Ladybaga: What a Belle you are! Your table first of all is a dream! How gorgeous and you wear your new silks beautifully. I love that you are buying more "power-silk." This is how I see you! I adore that you remember my quip about the sea-horse. Dang woman, you have definitely been on silk craze mode. I'm thinking of your green mousse, McQueen, and these......keep that tree watered!!!
Saraat: What a fabulously festive look. I adore your blouse with the sleeves, buttons...great piece. Your scarf looks like an extension. Can't wait to see it on an all black or white as that will really make it be center-stage.
Tango: No one does red, black and white like you do! The sails on the ships are breathtakingly beautiful. What artwork! No wonder Iris hunts for one...it is fabulous!
Lanit: If I am not mistaken you have several cws of this design. It is divine.

Thank you, Sparklelisab! I thought about you last night while I was flipping through a Paper Source catalogue. I saw some cute hedgehog school supplies that you have to check out! Now, if H only made hedgehog scarves! Wouldn't that be something?

Silkies, today I went through my entire, massive collection :giggles:and I have only one silk twill with any form of boat: Vie du Grand Nord. Also, I wanted to answer my own question about most beautiful scarves in collections. I would LOVE to hear everyone's answer. To me, Grand Nord is my second most beautiful scarf. It is icy and cool--subdued in color but alive with life and story. (My most beautiful scarf is Illimieres de Paris in red/orange/gold cw)

Attachments

• Grand Nord boat Thalassa 012.JPG
    Grand Nord boat Thalassa 012.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 440
  • Grand Nord boat Thalassa 010.JPG
    Grand Nord boat Thalassa 010.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 434
  • Grand Nord boat Thalassa 007.JPG
    Grand Nord boat Thalassa 007.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 429
  • Grand Nord boat Thalassa 006.JPG
    Grand Nord boat Thalassa 006.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 413
  • illumiere de paris 004.JPG
    illumiere de paris 004.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 425
Silkies, today I went through my entire, massive collection :giggles:and I have only one silk twill with any form of boat: Vie du Grand Nord. Also, I wanted to answer my own question about most beautiful scarves in collections. I would LOVE to hear everyone's answer. To me, Grand Nord is my second most beautiful scarf. It is icy and cool--subdued in color but alive with life and story. (My most beautiful scarf is Illimieres de Paris in red/orange/gold cw)

These are TRUE BEAUTIES! Look at the detailing on the fur parkas! Your Illimieres de Paris always takes my breath away! For me, one of my most beautiful would have to be by the same designer of your Illimieres, Ballade de Heine. I've attached an ancient photo (2 years ago) of my scarf. This was the fifth scarf I bought for my collection. It has so many bright colors and each of the corners is different. Still haven't found another black scarf with this much color and detail. Great question, Sparklelisab! (I may change my favorite "most beautiful" as the days progress, but for now, it is BdH.)

Attachments

• Ballade de Heine#1.jpg
    Ballade de Heine#1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 459
I don't mean to be a hog Silkies but while I was admiring my silks, I took out Thalasa and paraded around the house. I already gushed about her a month ago when I bought her, but have not worn her out of the house. Thank you all for putting up with me.

First, there IS a boat of sorts--skiff or smack, maybe a cockleshell! But the boats are sooo special because in my perception, the ends of the boats are a combination: boat, whale tail and heart. What could be more rich? So here she is, again, on theme and never worn.

Attachments

• Grand Nord boat Thalassa 020.JPG
    Grand Nord boat Thalassa 020.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 421
  • Grand Nord boat Thalassa 019.JPG
    Grand Nord boat Thalassa 019.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 419
  • Grand Nord boat Thalassa 014.JPG
    Grand Nord boat Thalassa 014.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 413
  • Grand Nord boat Thalassa 016.JPG
    Grand Nord boat Thalassa 016.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 430
These are TRUE BEAUTIES! Look at the detailing on the fur parkas! Your Illimieres de Paris always takes my breath away! For me, one of my most beautiful would have to be by the same designer of your Illimieres, Ballade de Heine. I've attached an ancient photo (2 years ago) of my scarf. This was the fifth scarf I bought for my collection. It has so many bright colors and each of the corners is different. Still haven't found another black scarf with this much color and detail. Great question, Sparklelisab! (I may change my favorite "most beautiful" as the days progress, but for now, it is BdH.)

Ballade de Heian What an intriguing name it is , can you enlighten us with the background story ? I totally adore the way it ties ! How many scarves really show so much of their essence when tied ?
OK many look lovely , but IMO the beauty lies within usually .

I would also love to see flat pictures of it please!
And if anyone feels like sharing their top 3 I'd be over the moon !

Meanwhile here are 2 of mine you may have seen here before ,Red Turandot
and Navy Kimonos et Inros Waves to Arabesques who rocks this one !
[Will take picture EL en K anon ]

Attachments

• IMG_5966.JPG
    IMG_5966.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_5810.JPG
    IMG_5810.JPG
    228.1 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.