Which scarf/pointu/pochette are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello dear scarfies!

Ladybaga congrats on your lovely PM scarF! It looks great on you:ps:

Froufrou - lovely pic of teh ship on teh Thames

Tango - likeiwse yoru tall shop is gorgeous too!

Israeli Flava - congrats on your super new MT rings they are great - enjoy!

Lala - lovely look and clever use for the horn bracelet too!

I was in London yesterday and the shops were sooo nice and quiet thanks to the Olympics, anyway I found and tried out all the scarves I fancy for AW12 so I have my list and hope to buy in France in due course as it will be a little cheaper:graucho:

Thank you so much everybody for your compliments! I really appreciate it a lot.

I have only one nautical scarf - Jonques et Sampans, so I'm going to take advantage this week to wear what the Great Scarf Spirit inspires me to.

Jonques et Sampans with (duh) black and white, and Chavaux de France with pink and beige.

Jonques 7.jpg CF 6.jpg

Jonques et Sampans.JPG

Chevaux de France.JPG

sparkle, ahem, 'hair a mess' and 'wrinkled linen' are my life....when I'm not trying to release my inner TankerToad that is, LOL! I think you need to know the following fact -- I understand that Flots is coming as a GM mousseline. Lips, sealed.

Jahna, oh goody, I was hoping we'd see you this week. Hinkley, sigh.

Ladybaga, now why am I not surprised that Maharajas is ringing your bell? The turquoise cw is gorgeous on you! Can't wait to see you in the MT fur collar :graucho: Hope you had fun en famille!

Flava, love the horn collection, have fun!

frou frou, what a wonderful tall ships pic; I find the Age of Sail so romantic. Of course since I'd probably be one of those 'wenches' in the port, doused with rum, the magic might wear off pretty soon :P

lala, clearly the mojo is back, the horn cuff as an adornment to the scarf is fabulous! The cuffs are so light that they don't drag the silk down very much; love this!!!

Bag? TDF!

lanit, I adore that special cw of Grand Fonds, just adore it.

Pomba, congrats on your new Instructions du Roi! I think navy is a wonderful neutral and that this silk will look great with your reds. Sometimes the DHs can be pains in the neck ;)

Scarf Addict, :wave: Now that you have the list trimmed, I can't wait for the reveal!

TangoTosca, both great choices! I had a vintage Jonques, and while I love the design, the cw was a bit meh (a big blob of neutral, and hey, I love neutrals) so it went to a new home. I'd love to see a reissue of this design; great corners! Cheveux is a design that I'm always drawn to but haven't snagged yet. You tempt with that cw....:graucho:

Hi Silky Sisters!
I thought I'd post a quick nautical themed S/S 2012 purchase before I have to head back to work tomorrow. Inservice week starts, and I have to get my beauty rest! (Which I need lots and lots and lots of!) These exciting Olympics have kept me up to the wee hours of the night!
For starters, Thanks so much to lanit, scarf addict, and textile girl for the PdM love!
lanit, my sweet fam left before we headed to H, so I chose this color by my little ole self! (I am also eyeing the navy! It would be fun to have a soft dressy PdM and a bolder version of this silk. A girl needs to have one for each hand right? hee hee! It was the beautiful jeshika who enabled me with her pics of these two PdMs. Your Grand Fonds scarf is so lovely! You should put this pic in the Limited edition scarves. So gorgeous!
scarf addict, How nice to have the Hermes store all to yourself! I can't wait to see your new beauties! I always think of you when I see pink and purple! LOVE you in those colors!
frou frou, That was the funniest story about your boat date! Good thing you weren't ship wrecked on a deserted island with that chap!
lala, Ooooo la la la lovely lala! You have started something with that beautiful MT horn bracelet tied onto your La Vive= Very striking indeed!
Tango Tosca, So many pretty silks, I can't even remember all of them! Love how you tied them as necklaces! pretty reds and pinks as well!!
pomba, Your "Instructions" in these marvelous blues really pops off of the page. I love this combo and would choose this in a heartbeat if I hadn't already shaken all of the remaining leaves off of my money tree! (Grow tree, grow!) You look amazing! As far as wearing reds with it, you should experiment with this idea. I am the last person to ask as I am not creative at all with pairing colors. I tend to be so matchy matchy that I don't know what is fashionable in "color complementing" if you know what I mean...

Now onto the nautical scarf... The first pic is one of my coffee table that picks up the pattern of the Chain D'Ancre motif of Circuit 24 Faubourg. Our decorator told us that the chain came from the harbor in NY. (I don't know about that, but we like it just the same.) The next pic shows the scarf with a collection of Hermes and MaiTai Chain D'Ancre scarf rings. The last two pics are me showing it with a casual orange top and a gray dress. I am borrowing Tango Tosca's term "Power Scarf" as I see this gigantic design as the most powerful scarf that I own.
Thanks for viewing and I apologize if I missed anyone's pics to comment on. You all are wonderful! (Excuse the poor lighting and iphone quality.)
For reference the colorway is 05 Rouge Orange/Noir/Anthracite

Attachments

• Chain coffee table.jpg
    Chain coffee table.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 877
  • Circuit 24 Faubourg.jpg
    Circuit 24 Faubourg.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 893
  • Circuit:Orange top.jpg
    Circuit:Orange top.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 800
  • Circuit:Dress.jpg
    Circuit:Dress.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 799
O.K. one more.... This is technically not a nautical scarf unless you ask our sweet sparklelisab about it. (She calls it the seahorse scarf!:giggles::hugs:)
Here is my "seahorse scarf" Coup de Fouet in colorway 07. Colors are Bleu Roy/Corail/Vert. Thanks for letting me share. (I will no longer hog the thread.)

Attachments

• Coup De Fouet.jpg
    Coup De Fouet.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 854
OMG Iris_J !!! This is perfection !! :tup:
Thank you for your compliment lily_lv!

Iris - you look stunning in this - you definitely made a great choice here. So tempted to get another tiger scarf, but cannot justify another big cat silk (sigh). Gorgeous and I will admire it on you :smile:And I am truly glad the two rings work for you as well - you elevate the look fantastically!;)
Lanit, thank you for your sweet words. It's really sorry that you cannot justify to get another Tiger scarf! Your Red/Navy Grand Fond is one of my grails I want to own one day... So 'you', and so wonderful cw. And perfect for summer too!

Oh Iris, you just ROCK everything but this black and white with Tiger is "I'm-gunna-Pass-Out Gorgeous. Love the look, sleek and cool, just like the big ole Feline!
Sparkle, thanks for your sweet words! Love your scarf necklace. You pics show 70x70 is perfect for this knot. And lovely chic colors combinations!

Hi Silk Lovers! I had a great time with my sister and niece this past week. Thanks for all the well wishes! We shopped til we dropped! So many incredibly amazing photos, I am afraid I have gotten too far behind for individual comments. Please forgive me (again)!
I would like to share with you one of my recent goodies... PdM! Sorry for so many pictures. I got really excited pairing it with some options. The first pic shows PdM paired with a strand of my mother's pearls and a strand of my mother-in-law's pearls. I feel like they are with me when I wear the jewelry I inherited from them. The second is paired with a purple sweater.In the next pic, the turquoise Indian head earrings were a gift to my from my DH celebrating our 22nd wedding anniversary. I think they are a perfect match for the scarf. The last pic is paired with a JCrew python sweater, JCrew skirt and an ancient pair of Marc Jacobs shoes that I just realized matched the ensemble. Enjoy my matchy matchy combo! :P Thanks for letting me share!

sorry to be off theme week. I have a S/S 2012 contribution to make for the nautical theme tomorrow.:graucho:
Ladybaga, congratulations for all your new acquistions! Every piece is wonderfully worn. Especially, turqoise PdM is like made for you. You really wear this color beautifully. And of course, lovely earings gift from your DH!

I love the first pic! I need to try this combo out! Would you mind sharing instructions? :love:
Thank you Jeshika! The how-to is very simple. Fold your silk in bias, pass your scarf through the Bolduc ring and secure with another scarf ring...

We have an exciting city for the Olympics and on the Thames is moored this beauty for French Television .
Wonderful nautical pics!
How exciting to receive the Olympic games in your home town! I envy you!

Hi my favorite scarfies![/QUOTE
Your nautical look is so creative! You have a really amazing talent!

I finally got my fall scarf and my 2nd! Instructions du Roi
I think I will wear it with black and navy tops. Do you think I can wear it with red? I have a lot of red clothes. Hoping to get some style help with this one as now that its home, Im having trouble thinking of what colours to pair it with....dh says im a bit challenged with my choices for this scarf..:sad: TIA
Hi Pomba, Nice to see you here again and congrats for your second scarf! Truly elegant and classy choice! The Cw is so BEAUTIFUL. If I was you, I would pair with beige or marron colors. And of course, Navy or black is perfect!

I have only one nautical scarf - Jonques et Sampans, so I'm going to take advantage this week to wear what the Great Scarf Spirit inspires me to.

Jonques et Sampans with (duh) black and white, and Chavaux de France with pink and beige.

Tango, thank you again for your quick reactions. I really love both of your nautical scarves ( I have to say I love all of your collections!). Jonques et Sampans is classic design, but your cw looks like modern. One of my grail too...

Dear scarfies ;)

hair-mess, Vinia , Ladybaga, Iris j, Pegase, and lanit Thank you all for your wonderful comments.

TangoTosca Thank you very much darling for the lovely themes. I love ur collection ur scarves and u hehe ur the best dazzling collection. Trust me we know pretty sure now u have a huge wardrop so don’t worry if u get 2 repeat stuff lool and the b4 & after looks just so cool.

Ladybaga darling hope u enjoyed spending time with ur family, now u and Israeli_Flava are twins but with different colors lool love the turqoise. The table just so cool I love the idea absolutely smart and lovely the theme fits perfectly with the table. The colors Rouge Orange/Noir/Anthracite are so nice combination and the seahorse scarf very nice. Love ur smile and congrat with all ur new scarfs.

hair-mess love the outfit fits very nice, even the camera color matches lool and I love wut u did 2 ur face loool so funny and happy, love the Brides de Gala scarfs belt looks great on u chic and stylish. & ur vintage mam wearing it too how cool is that, thank u very much for sharing.

Vinia yes indeed I encourage u 2 take vacation once a while, and yes u c them all thnx though.

Codygirl nice outfit very warm tones.

lanit thank you darling yes certainly I was having a blast in my vacation. But look how gorgeous u look?! Ur 70's theme just woow love how u combine all those colors together great just perfect. But the cowboy boots its just another story loool

Israeli_Flava looking great and hot with ur scarf great that u took it for a spin. And congrat on ur new Maharaja shawl, now u and Ladybaga are twins :biggrin:

sophieg look how nice u look J love the knot.

fritillaryB looks great I bought this same one from Denmark the Groenland got the Danish signature to how lovely ill reveal the scarf soon. & congrat on ur new blog Looks great.

BHmommy ur knot is beautifully made.

sparklelisab I love ur mouss truly the 70s theme.

TankerToad I love the DH got exactly the same in blue, & hopefully frou frou will find one soon. But ur Bikrin dressed in Sequences just another beauty nicely made and love the river BG

lily_lv ur Séquences from 2007 looks so elegant and nicely worn, don’t worry the pics are fine.

jeshika very nice blue tones.

Iris j I love the way u model very nice and the Tigre IRL looks great choice.

textilegirl very nice outfit and twilly soo nice.

pierina2 darling we miss ya enjoy the Olympics.

Jahna & frou frou beautiful still images of the ships. I have captured once the Danish royalty old ships but hopefully ill find it for post soon.

lala28 Love love and love the colors amazingly beautiful 3d effect, Vive le Vent is stunning and u wore it beautifully.

Pomba nice choice very nice blue shades.

I guess I covered all of you, now my contribution for this Nautical week. The “L’entente cordiale” designed by Loic Dubigeon. One of my new purchases from Denmark, loved how the black contrast with the white red and all those other colors. So I'm like all into the theme even wore my D&G shirt with all the sea icons and so on lool :biggrin:

Attachments

• sara 17.jpg
    sara 17.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 710
  • sara 18.jpg
    sara 18.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 753
  • sara 19.jpg
    sara 19.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 722
  • sara 20.jpg
    sara 20.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 702
Wow, it's so great to see you posting here again lala, and what a great outfit. I would never have thought to use a horn bracelet as an accent for a scarf necklace. And as for the bag, :girlsigh:

I'm glad the creative mojo is back!

Coming from you TT, that's a huge compliment! It was a lot of fun wearing my horn bracelet as a pendant of sorts. Just something different to mix it up, KWIM? As for the bag, it's my favorite shade of red (I am a true red gal) and something different than my other bags. The handles flip down so it's easier for me to store! Lol!

Really beautiful displays for Sailing Along Week! Thank you Jahna and Frou frou for the seafaring photos!

Lala- Hiya there sweets - you are looking magnificent - lovely Vive le Vent silk with details so perfect for theme week (and I would love to see the gorgeous mousseline with the ships in bottles too)! And the red croc bag To.Die.For.

LadyB - Awesome PdM choice - you look fabulous in the pearls and turquoise colorway! So great to hear of your time with family - did they help pick out the PdM for you?

Here's my nautical contribution today - Grand Fonds for the Musee Oceanographique de Monaco.

Hi dear Lanit! It's good to be back. Hope my mojo juice doesn't dry up again :smile:. I really love the Grand Fonds design with all the different sea creatures and magificent array of colors. Would you mind posting a picture of the scarf laid out as well?

I finally got my fall scarf and my 2nd! Instructions du Roi

I think I will wear it with black and navy tops. Do you think I can wear it with red? I have a lot of red clothes. Hoping to get some style help with this one as now that its home, Im having trouble thinking of what colours to pair it with....dh says im a bit challenged with my choices for this scarf..:sad: TIA

hermesscarffall.jpg

IMG_5288.jpg

IMG_5286.jpg

Hi Pomba,
Yes, I think you can definitely wear it with red. I also bet it would look fabulous with greys and taupes. Beautiful!

Hello dear scarfies!

Ladybaga congrats on your lovely PM scarF! It looks great on you:ps:

Froufrou - lovely pic of teh ship on teh Thames

Tango - likeiwse yoru tall shop is gorgeous too!

Israeli Flava - congrats on your super new MT rings they are great - enjoy!

Lala - lovely look and clever use for the horn bracelet too!

I was in London yesterday and the shops were sooo nice and quiet thanks to the Olympics, anyway I found and tried out all the scarves I fancy for AW12 so I have my list and hope to buy in France in due course as it will be a little cheaper:graucho:

Oh, hello there Scarf Addict! :hugs:

Thank you so much everybody for your compliments! I really appreciate it a lot.

View attachment 1823406 View attachment 1823404

View attachment 1823413

View attachment 1823405

Dear TT, Your scarf modelling "moves" are quite sassy and divine! Is your scarf a jacquard? I remember when you acquired this scarf :smile:

sparkle, ahem, 'hair a mess' and 'wrinkled linen' are my life....when I'm not trying to release my inner TankerToad that is, LOL! I think you need to know the following fact -- I understand that Flots is coming as a GM mousseline. Lips, sealed.

Jahna, oh goody, I was hoping we'd see you this week. Hinkley, sigh.

Ladybaga, now why am I not surprised that Maharajas is ringing your bell? The turquoise cw is gorgeous on you! Can't wait to see you in the MT fur collar :graucho: Hope you had fun en famille!

Flava, love the horn collection, have fun!

frou frou, what a wonderful tall ships pic; I find the Age of Sail so romantic. Of course since I'd probably be one of those 'wenches' in the port, doused with rum, the magic might wear off pretty soon :P

lala, clearly the mojo is back, the horn cuff as an adornment to the scarf is fabulous! The cuffs are so light that they don't drag the silk down very much; love this!!!

Bag? TDF!

lanit, I adore that special cw of Grand Fonds, just adore it.

Pomba, congrats on your new Instructions du Roi! I think navy is a wonderful neutral and that this silk will look great with your reds. Sometimes the DHs can be pains in the neck ;)

Scarf Addict, :wave: Now that you have the list trimmed, I can't wait for the reveal!

TangoTosca, both great choices! I had a vintage Jonques, and while I love the design, the cw was a bit meh (a big blob of neutral, and hey, I love neutrals) so it went to a new home. I'd love to see a reissue of this design; great corners! Cheveux is a design that I'm always drawn to but haven't snagged yet. You tempt with that cw....:graucho:

Textilegirl, No "mess" in my book! :smile:

Hi Silky Sisters!
Now onto the nautical scarf... The first pic is one of my coffee table that picks up the pattern of the Chain D'Ancre motif of Circuit 24 Faubourg. Our decorator told us that the chain came from the harbor in NY. (I don't know about that, but we like it just the same.) The next pic shows the scarf with a collection of Hermes and MaiTai Chain D'Ancre scarf rings. The last two pics are me showing it with a casual orange top and a gray dress. I am borrowing Tango Tosca's term "Power Scarf" as I see this gigantic design as the most powerful scarf that I own.
Thanks for viewing and I apologize if I missed anyone's pics to comment on. You all are wonderful! (Excuse the poor lighting and iphone quality.)
For reference the colorway is 05 Rouge Orange/Noir/Anthracite

Ladybaga, What a wondeful statement piece for you room! I love how you can really appreciate the details with the glass table top. I agree with you that you have an awesome power scarf! Perfect for pushing through those tough in-service days! :graucho: Your artistic presentation of MT's scarf rings goes perfectly with your chain d'ancre design! It was fantastic to run into you on one of my travel treks to H-ville.

O.K. one more.... This is technically not a nautical scarf unless you ask our sweet sparklelisab about it. (She calls it the seahorse scarf!:giggles::hugs:)
Here is my "seahorse scarf" Coup de Fouet in colorway 07. Colors are Bleu Roy/Corail/Vert. Thanks for letting me share. (I will no longer hog the thread.)

Ladybaga, oh wow! Your tying method really highlights the graphic designs in that pattern! (P.S. Is this a new addition to your growing collection? :graucho:)

Status
Not open for further replies.