Which scarf/pointu/pochette are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Silk Lovers! I had a great time with my sister and niece this past week. Thanks for all the well wishes! We shopped til we dropped! So many incredibly amazing photos, I am afraid I have gotten too far behind for individual comments. Please forgive me (again)!
I would like to share with you one of my recent goodies... PdM! Sorry for so many pictures. I got really excited pairing it with some options. The first pic shows PdM paired with a strand of my mother's pearls and a strand of my mother-in-law's pearls. I feel like they are with me when I wear the jewelry I inherited from them. The second is paired with a purple sweater.In the next pic, the turquoise Indian head earrings were a gift to my from my DH celebrating our 22nd wedding anniversary. I think they are a perfect match for the scarf. The last pic is paired with a JCrew python sweater, JCrew skirt and an ancient pair of Marc Jacobs shoes that I just realized matched the ensemble. Enjoy my matchy matchy combo! :P Thanks for letting me share!

sorry to be off theme week. I have a S/S 2012 contribution to make for the nautical theme tomorrow.:graucho:

Very beautiful :love:

Hi Silk Lovers! I had a great time with my sister and niece this past week. Thanks for all the well wishes! We shopped til we dropped! So many incredibly amazing photos, I am afraid I have gotten too far behind for individual comments. Please forgive me (again)!
I would like to share with you one of my recent goodies... PdM! Sorry for so many pictures. I got really excited pairing it with some options. The first pic shows PdM paired with a strand of my mother's pearls and a strand of my mother-in-law's pearls. I feel like they are with me when I wear the jewelry I inherited from them. The second is paired with a purple sweater.In the next pic, the turquoise Indian head earrings were a gift to my from my DH celebrating our 22nd wedding anniversary. I think they are a perfect match for the scarf. The last pic is paired with a JCrew python sweater, JCrew skirt and an ancient pair of Marc Jacobs shoes that I just realized matched the ensemble. Enjoy my matchy matchy combo! :P Thanks for letting me share!

sorry to be off theme week. I have a S/S 2012 contribution to make for the nautical theme tomorrow.:graucho:
Hi Ladybaga! Many congrats on your new scarf !! Please tell me you know the color reference and exact colors of this PDM!! it's deep green or turquoise the main color? TIA if you can help me..

Tango, I love how you love your new grail, the butterfly scarf! She is lovely. I have worn silk necklaces all week and want to slip in my last one before Nautical week! Again, my other cw of my Flots de Chevals as a necklace from "the 70's." Again, gone all day--hair a mess, linen wrinkled as usual. Please forgive. But I just love the necklace....

Just love this look, and it's probably my favourite of all your looks ....so chic madame ! This scarf makes a very fine necklace , and the neutral colours act as a great foil .

Ladybaga You look as ever vibrant and gorgeous , the scarf Pde M is perfect for you , what a heavenly colour.Love the turquoise shades and find they work well as accents for me

TangoTosca I've often lingered over the butterfly scarf on ***y , never realising it was so spectacular.
I'm in total accord about your three most lovely ]scarves , those three are all pieces of art . I find ELen K enchanting too.
My three are all oriental : red Turandot, sepia ELen K and navy Kimonos et Inros

Jahna Looking forward to nautical scarves from you . Your ketch picture reminds me of a dire weekend [ many years ago] with a guy I was seeing at the time ....the damp cabin triggered a wheezy chest and the guy was a pain . Spent my energies running away from his clutches all weekend !

We have an exciting city for the Olympics and on the Thames is moored this beauty for French Television .

Attachments

• DSC_7981.JPG
    DSC_7981.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 496
My MaiTai bonanza arrived..... So excited to try these out!!!! MoP is my fav and I was so happy that it is reversible!!! Like 2 for 1! And this shawl ring sent me over the moon..... :love:

Love your MT scarf ring collection. I acquired two of the shawl size recently in similar colors! A great size for a looser casual look. The grey mop is stunning.

Hi Ladybaga! Many congrats on your new scarf !! Please tell me you know the color reference and exact colors of this PDM!! it's deep green or turquoise the main color? TIA if you can help me..

Hi Spinkapallina! Thank you for the congrats on my PdM! The color reference is 01. The colors listed on the purchase tag are turquoise/violet/bleu. The interesting thing about this scarf is that it seems to look different in all of the pictures that I took. The lighting in one room of my house is completely different from the natural lighting in other parts, so that is why the scarf looks more menthe green than blue green from one pic to the next. I think by pairing it with different shades of turquoise or by highlighting the purple will make it look different. I have also tried it with a gray dress, and it looks different as well. I hope this helps and maybe we can be twins on this one.:smile:

Wanted to add that yes, the background looks like a cross between turquoise and menthe if that makes sense. (Maybe even lagon color?) But it is listed as turquoise on the tag as the background color. Oh, and an added bonus is that there is a "true green" contrasting hem! LOVE a contrasting hem!!

Last edited:
Ladybaga You look as ever vibrant and gorgeous , the scarf Pde M is perfect for you , what a heavenly colour.Love the turquoise shades and find they work well as accents for me

TangoTosca I've often lingered over the butterfly scarf on ***y , never realising it was so spectacular.
I'm in total accord about your three most lovely ]scarves , those three are all pieces of art . I find ELen K enchanting too.
My three are all oriental : red Turandot, sepia ELen K and navy Kimonos et Inros

Jahna Looking forward to nautical scarves from you . Your ketch picture reminds me of a dire weekend [ many years ago] with a guy I was seeing at the time ....the damp cabin triggered a wheezy chest and the guy was a pain . Spent my energies running away from his clutches all weekend !

We have an exciting city for the Olympics and on the Thames is moored this beauty for French Television .

Thank you FrouFrou for the PdM love! I have enjoyed watching the Olympics on television and wish that I could be in your beautiful city! With the Jubilee and the Olympics, this was the year to be in London! Someday.....:tender:

Hi Spinkapallina! Thank you for the congrats on my PdM! The color reference is 01. The colors listed on the purchase tag are turquoise/violet/bleu. The interesting thing about this scarf is that it seems to look different in all of the pictures that I took. The lighting in one room of my house is completely different from the natural lighting in other parts, so that is why the scarf looks more menthe green than blue green from one pic to the next. I think by pairing it with different shades of turquoise or by highlighting the purple will make it look different. I have also tried it with a gray dress, and it looks different as well. I hope this helps and maybe we can be twins on this one.:smile:

Wanted to add that yes, the background looks like a cross between turquoise and menthe if that makes sense. (Maybe even lagon color?) But it is listed as turquoise on the tag as the background color. Oh, and an added bonus is that there is a "true green" contrasting hem! LOVE a contrasting hem!!

THANKS SO MUCH..Thats so kind of you..i love turquoise as well as menthe , this is a stunning color, hope we 'll be twins on this scarf..thanks you're so sweet:smile:

frou frou, your description of dodging the clutches of a whiner are HILARIOUS!! LOL. Tango's butterfly scarf is on evilbay right now--run honey. Also, do you own the sepia Elen K? I'd love to see it. Wow.

This would be a fun question for all the Silkies to address: What are your top three (or single) most BEAUTIFUL scarves?

Hi my favorite scarfies!

I've been suffering from a lack of creativity but hopefully have gotten my groove back. In the spirit of nautical theme week, here is my humble contribution:

Vive le Vent tied with Mai Tai horn bracelet
Flame red shiny nilo croc Helena bag 33cm by KP Collection

9d4fe882.jpg

56867e8f.jpg
c0543e5e.jpg

15826abb.jpg

Last edited:
sparklelisab said:
frou frou, your description of dodging the clutches of a whiner are HILARIOUS!! LOL. Tango's butterfly scarf is on evilbay right now--run honey. Also, do you own the sepia Elen K? I'd love to see it. Wow.

This would be a fun question for all the Silkies to address: What are your top three (or single) most BEAUTIFUL scarves?

Just three? Boy, you ask all of the tough questions! Lol!

What are yours?

:smile:

Hi my favorite scarfies!

I've been suffering from a lack of creativity but hopefully have gotten my groove back. In the spirit of nautical theme week, here is my humble contribution:

Vive le Vent tied with Mai Tai horn bracelet
Flame red shiny nilo croc Helena bag 33cm by KP Collection

Wow, it's so great to see you posting here again lala, and what a great outfit. I would never have thought to use a horn bracelet as an accent for a scarf necklace. And as for the bag, :girlsigh:

I'm glad the creative mojo is back!

Really beautiful displays for Sailing Along Week! Thank you Jahna and Frou frou for the seafaring photos!

Lala- Hiya there sweets - you are looking magnificent - lovely Vive le Vent silk with details so perfect for theme week (and I would love to see the gorgeous mousseline with the ships in bottles too)! And the red croc bag To.Die.For.

LadyB - Awesome PdM choice - you look fabulous in the pearls and turquoise colorway! So great to hear of your time with family - did they help pick out the PdM for you?

Here's my nautical contribution today - Grand Fonds for the Musee Oceanographique de Monaco.

Attachments

• DSC00892.jpg
    DSC00892.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 414
I finally got my fall scarf and my 2nd! Instructions du Roi

I think I will wear it with black and navy tops. Do you think I can wear it with red? I have a lot of red clothes. Hoping to get some style help with this one as now that its home, Im having trouble thinking of what colours to pair it with....dh says im a bit challenged with my choices for this scarf..:sad: TIA

hermesscarffall.jpg

IMG_5288.jpg

IMG_5286.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.