What have you learned through your handbag addiction?

-Color is amazing, but its important to have a black bag... or 3.
-THINK BEFORE I BUY! Learned this the hard way, and now I need to sell a ton of bags.
-Stop focusing on trendy, young bags, and go for classics. I have too many trendy bags that I bought from high school until I was like 19/20, and now that I'm student teaching, I realized that I can't use the majority of my collection because its more trendy, and less adult.

I learned a scary fact...once you get scared of how much you just spent on a bag, and that horror passes, you become imune, and it is easier next time to spend on the bag something you thought unimaginable a year ago. That is scary, because, as with any other obsession, there is no limit, especially in credit card society.......

I should go back to my other loves besides bags, but it is so hard....that bag of my dreams is right around the corner ...scary

What I've learned... that this very website.. is EVIL. :P :amuse: :lol: :heart:
I've realized my handbag addiction was born from the very day I've entered this site, lurked, looked at the photographs, looked at all the members, their enabling, their obsession..

it's EVIL man. What's more scary is that I cant pull myself away from this site either. Aaah!

TPF is like a drug, it's addicting and you cannot stop. As long as this site is here, I'll continue coming back. Arrghh.

Sweet like sugah!

I learned a scary fact...once you get scared of how much you just spent on a bag, and that horror passes, you become imune, and it is easier next time to spend on the bag something you thought unimaginable a year ago. That is scary, because, as with any other obsession, there is no limit, especially in credit card society.......

I should go back to my other loves besides bags, but it is so hard....that bag of my dreams is right around the corner ...scary

i couldn't agree more with this user!!:nuts:

True! I'm facing the same problem. Just a year ago, I thought it's crazy to spend over $500 on a purse. Now I'm spending more and more and planning on paying $3000 for my dream purse. It's scary.....scary excitement.

I very much agree! Before my bag addiction on TPF, 40 bucks was a lot to pay for a bag even though I was still into bags!! Now, I can see myself dropping well over a grand on a bag and think that as long as I solidly love it, it's fine for my passion for bags. However, the logical side of me still sees that even 200 dollars is still a lot to pay for a bag (in general) whereas my bagonista side thinks it's relatively inexpensive.

1. That it's ok to have guilty pleasure for handbags/wallets. At least it's better then having other addictions that aren't good for you.

2. Never to buy on-line, especially e-bay, more then likely I won't like it, then I'm out the money.

3. I secretly look at the handbags that people carry in public, I view it as entertainment.

4. Shoulder handbags work best for me, short handles dont.

5. I don't take the tags until I really decide that I want to keep it.

6. I really wish people would understand my reasoning to have a great handbag, and why I buy them so much.

1. That it's ok to have guilty pleasure for handbags/wallets. At least it's better then having other addictions that aren't good for you.

2. Never to buy on-line, especially e-bay, more then likely I won't like it, then I'm out the money.

3. I secretly look at the handbags that people carry in public, I view it as entertainment.

4. Shoulder handbags work best for me, short handles dont.

5. I don't take the tags off until I really decide that I want to keep it.

6. I really wish people would understand my reasoning to have a great handbag, and why I buy them so much.

More to add:

1.) I really, really, really wish that many men would carry and/or be into bags-and not just backpacks, suitcases, and standard messenger bags, and that it would be just as appropriate for them to carry and like them like women do in society.

2.) I am not just a black, brown, and other standard neutrals girl like I thought I was when it comes to bags. I am open to and own all kinds of colors.

3.) I am capable of not being at all practical with my money.

4.) Don't buy an ugly or average-looking bag just because it has really soft/smooshy leather. Instead, visit the store to feel the soft uglies and Plain Janes. Looks are a first priority; otherwise, I won't enjoy it.

5.) Ebay is not just about worn/obviously used bags at largely below retail prices; you can buy excellent-brand new (and authentic, of course) bags at largely below retail prices as well.