What have you learned through your handbag addiction?

Don't be afraid to let it go. And - make sure you are ready to let it go.

No matter who gave it to you, no matter how much you loved it - if it doesn't fit with your needs, it's time to release it back.

Never give up your: First bag (I don't care if it is a pink vinyl barbie bag), Favorite bag (even if it's almost dead), and always have at least one evening bag (even if your last event was you HS prom - the minute you give it up, you'll have to attend a cocktail party)

You will never have enough until you have the right bags.

Reactions: Ramai
1. I've learned that I love leather.

2. I love color.

3. I have no brand loyalty, if I see a bag I like I get it.

4. I feel naked without a nice handbag.

5. I subconsciously purse watch when I go out in public.

6. I now think $2000 is a reasonably priced forever bag.

7. My HG bag may be completely different from someone else's, and that's okay.

When I started TPF, I've learned that there's more beautiful bags than LVs, though I only kept Classic Speedys & sold the rest.

I've also learned that it's OK to spend over $1K on bags & not feel guilty about it, at the same time treasure them more.

I've also learned that higher end bags are more of an investment, so when you're tired of it, in case of emergency or you need to buy another bag, you don't have to break the bank, you can resell & recycle.

I've also learned that I'm not alone in this addiction.

When I started TPF, I've learned that there's more beautiful bags than LVs, though I only kept & still love my Classic Speedys but sold the rest.

I've also learned that it's OK to spend over $1K on bags & not feel guilty about it, at the same time treasure them more.

I've also learned that higher end bags are more of an investment, so when you're tired of it, in case of emergency or you need to buy another bag, you don't have to break the bank, you can resell & recycle.

I've also learned that I'm not alone in this addiction.

I learned to buy purses that are practical, convenient and something I would actually use almost everyday, not buy something that would just sit in the closet, gathering dust. I used to just impulse buy and purchased whatever caught my fancy but they were mostly non designer brands that I got on sale. I would wear them once or twice and they would never see the light of day again:P. If only I had saved all that money towards a worthy purchase then that money would've been put to better use.

This is what I've learned:

1. If you buy the "IT" bag, then there will be another "IT" bag. It's never stop. I've bought 3 bags over the last 2 months. Now still have an urge to get two more.

2. Shop bargain rather than full retail price.

3. I cannot control my impulsive purchases.

4. I learn to let go of bags that just sit my closet to fund another bag that I love.

5. I cannot stay on "banned" more than 2 months.

6. I am sick and have obsession w/ handbags/shoes/jelwery.

1. I won't settle for anything other than leather (except for accessories).

2. I need bags that have zippers/closures (no open tops), are durable, and are lightweight.

3. No use in collecting mass amounts of accessories. I have a few that I like, I would rather spend my money on a new bag. My ONE (yes, one!) wallet works just fine.

4. I won't buy something just because it's on sale. If I wouldn't pay full price for it, I won't buy it.

I've learned that:
1. You never get over being a purse-a-holic
2. Impulse buying is a waste of money
3. Don't buy a bag just because someone else raves about it

ACK! Is this true?

I'm learning that there is no end in sight.

I wish I were a minimalist. (Really really wish...) or at least (like a previous posters said) "French" and could wear something to death.

I am seriously fickle. And I can go to extreme lengths to justify a new bag.

I have learnt since my bag addiction..,
that I am a serious addict!!!
that I love handbags and all things fashion related
that i am glad I never bought a handbag as an "investment" Cos they are not.
that I always paid cash for my bags
And finally every bag I buy, I buy 'cos I love them, not because they are IT bags and therefore i do not sell my bags, no matter how old they are.
And since joining TPF in may 2009 I have learnt a wealth of information, great, amazing helpful information about my addiction.
And about how different we all are in regards to preference, our tastes and our thinking.

Last edited:
That there are too many women out there that don't appreciate the wonders of a beautiful handbag.

That, luckily, there are places like this full of women that do!

That I am okay with buying handbags and selling them at a loss occasionally as long as I learn from what made that handbag a mistake.

That I don't feel right unless I'm carrying around a bag I consider to be gorgeous.

That I need to sit on handbag impulses for at least a month before I buy otherwise I end up with something I'll likely go off later. If I still want it after then, then I will go out and buy it and not regret it.

^ That I didn't do that enough prior and as a result have bought and sold too many bags to list!

2. I love color.

3. I have no brand loyalty, if I see a bag I like I get it.

4. I feel naked without a nice handbag.

5. I subconsciously purse watch when I go out in public.

6. I now think $2000 is a reasonably priced forever bag.

7. My HG bag may be completely different from someone else's, and that's okay.

also classics are more fun then trendy

I will borrow points 1-4 here from bcbgurl19, who put it so well: :smile:

2. I love color.

3. I feel naked without a nice handbag.

4. I subconsciously purse watch when I go out in public.

I'd also add:

5. No need to pay retail.

6. Details matter.

7. If you don't wear it and absolutely love it, sell/donate/gift it.

8. A well-edited, thoroughly loved collection is a goal worth striving for, every time.

1. Come to tpf to conduct research before you buy
2. Say no to impulse purchases
3. The quality of the leather, the hardware, and the shape is everything
4. Buy what you absolutely love, not what's supposedly "in"
5. If you love a style get it in more than one color
6. Stay open to new designers
7. The only person who needs to love or like your bag is you