What have you learned through your handbag addiction?

1. I used to buy only black or brown. I have since found out that I love :heart: colors more than neutrals.
2. As much as I love satchels, I will stick to cross body bags. It's just more convenient.
3. If I have to debate about whether to buy or not, I don't love it enough.
4. I also learned me and my addiction are in good company! In fact, my addiction is on the mild side. :amuse:

Love and lust are different. Walk away. If you can't stop thinking about it and have a million outfits and places that will work with the bag, it's the real thing.

I should not buy a handbag I droll over like right now because then I will just find another handbag to droll over.

So I will let my moni moni bag brood over for a while and maybe buy it like next month or in dec. Otherwise I will find another bag that I must have and I obviously don't need because I have over 30 bags half of which high end designer even after generously donating my non designer bags to whomever needs it (I got rid of about 10 bags to my sister, mom, neighbours, friends etc).

There is something wrong when your friends ask you if you have 'spare' bags you want to get rid of before they go and buy a new one.

There is something wrong when you only use a new bag for a week and then feel really 'bored' with it !

There is something wrong when you use bags to fill avoid in your heart due to having major setback in following your dreams ! Actually I bought 6 bags in 1 months being extremely upset about an unfortunate circumstances. It was quite a major tragedy but then again ... I am THE drama queen !

1. Come to tpf to conduct research before you buy
2. Say no to impulse purchases
3. The quality of the leather, the hardware, and the shape is everything
4. Buy what you absolutely love, not what's supposedly "in"
5. If you love a style get it in more than one color
6. Stay open to new designers
7. The only person who needs to love or like your bag is you
I totally agree with everything on here except the bags in different colours, there are so many bags just waiting to be tried and carried....JMO

I've learned that my wallet can talk! It says ouch everytime I purchase an expensive bag! LOL! Seriously though, I learned that I'm not alone in bag collecting, that there are lots of good brands out there that I've never heard of until TPF, that I can seriously work & save towards a goal (be it a really pricey bag or anything). I've also learned that I enjoy the finer (quality) things in life & that "I have caviar taste on a tuna fish budget!"

I have learned that I am no longer held prisoner to my local department store (which are BORING!)

I have learned that there are ALOT more designers in the world than what I see in major department stores.

I have learned that I AM NOT ALONE in my addiction!

I have learned that it was not wrong to become a leather freak when I was 14..

I have learned after 35 years of a leather fetish that its okay to love nice bags...

I have learned that it is ok to own the same style in different colors....

I have learned that this addiction is NOT going to go away...

I have learned to "recycle", no matter how difficult it is to give up a bag for another one...

For me:

1. Just because it's on sale AND designer doesn't mean you can't live without it
2. If you're wondering if you like it or not then you don't like it
3. If it's heavy empty then it's going to be way too heavy to carry around with your stuff
4. White is beautiful... but too difficult to take care of
5. Doesn't matter how pretty it is, if it doesn't match your lifestyle you won't use it

-that I am addicted to buying wristlets
-I love to buy slightly impractical bags
-color is more fun than just black and brown bags!
-I am addicted to tpf and come everyday!