Wearing a fake to shop IN the COACH store?

i had someone yesterday come thru my line at work with the most aweful fake of the katy tote!!

it jsut found myself staring at it..it made me want to gag!
This happens to me all the time! I have a bad habit of staring, especially if it's a blatant fake. When these people come to my teller window, I want to run into the back, grab my bag, run back and be like "this is what a REAL coach purse looks like!!!" but that would be really mean. hahah. I don't know how you could go into a coach store with a fake. It's not like you're fooling anyone, Ick. That's like pulling up to a BMW dealership in a Honda that has BMW emblems on it. Don't laugh because I have seen it before... Ridiculous!

I think there are some people who honestly don't know they're carrying fakes. They are just not informed or educated about fakes and buy them thinking they're just cheap real ones or they get them as gifts and have no clue that they're not real. I'm sure there are some who are that blatant but I think there are plenty of others that are just plain clueless. Sad that there isn't someone in their lives to inform them kindly of the truth. I've taught my dh and my mom so far.

I agree with this 100% !!

Until I came to TPF, I would have had no clue!!!

isn't it just shocking? They're PROUD of their "Coach purses" but then shocked to find out how much they really cost? Where is the cache in a $40 bag? I mean, not that you have to spend $$$$$ for a cute bag, but there's a difference between cute and prestige.

OOK, I didn't really mean to make myself look like such a snob. To clarify... i should have a bumper sticker that says "My other purse is LeSportsac." ;) I also have a big cotton shopper tote that I lug around a lot. I don't mean to be offensively snotty.

Yeah, it's FABULOUS, the people that come in wearing fakes. THEN they get all pissed off because you can't buy a Coach bag in our store for the $40 they paid for their ugly fake Sig Stripe tote. I mean, they get IRATE, kwim? Half of the ones that come into our boutique don't know they've got a fake. This is Arkansas after all :graucho: We're the only Coach store here so most bags in AR seem to come from E-Bay. And people get SOOOO MAD when they realize they cost $300 in our store. Accuse us of marking up the prices. :roflmfao: I've got a thread somewhere about this old man who went off on me once...

I was walking by one of those carts in the mall that has hideous fakes that aren't quite close enough to the real thing to get them in trouble. They had a ton of fake LVs and this horrible fake patchwork coach. I pointed it out to my BF and said "OMG, those fakes make me want to throw up". Then i saw the person who was selling them on the other side of the cart staring at me scathingly. I must have said it loud enough that she heard.

^^ Oh well, that's what you get for selling blatant knockoffs. Especially if your mall has an LV and Coach store.

Mine has LV, Coach, Gucci and Burberry all basically within 100 feet of each other, and no fake-hawkers to be seen. I don't think they'd dare.

Ya know, I've seen the same thing a couple of times...I believe they don't know that anyone can tell they are carrying a fake and that it's cool to prance around the Coach Store :wtf: