Wearing a fake to shop IN the COACH store?

Okay, wait . . . I can understand someone not realizing they got a "fake" as a gift, or from an auction site, if it was their very first. But where else do you get a fake from? They are not sold in "traditional" retail stores. :rolleyes:They know, they know, they know, they know. They just don't want to admit it's fake. Most don't admit they have knockoffs.

There's a mall here with a store that sells fakes. I mentioned it in another thread a while back because I reported them to Coach and the RCMP Counterfeit Goods unit. The bags they had recently were fake Legacy shoulders, shoulder zips, etc., but they've had others in the past. They've got fake hangtags and creeds and Coach price tags. So if someone were to see them and not know that Coach isn't supposed to be for sale there, they might buy them and think they were real, especially since it's a regular-looking boutique that sells lots of other bags, sunglasses, etc. And they were selling for about $100 each. :wtf: For someone who's never been in a real Coach store and thinks that $100 is expensive for a bag, they could totally believe they were getting a real Coach. Sucks sucks sucks. Some people are naive enough to fall for it. It makes me so angry whenever I go by that store and see them still out on the shelves :cursing:.

I went to car part swap meet with my hubby to look for high performance parts for his race car and there was a booth with handbags............I couldn't get close to the table there were so many people at that booth buying the "new (fake)Coach Carly Bags" I was Like "WTF is wrong with these people" I swear I seen about 15 men carring these bags, probably to take home to their wives and daughters. I can almost understand men not knowing which is real and which is fake but women were also buying these bags.....!!!

I guess there are just so many people who wouldn't be able to tell by looking... I mean, we are in the minority here. So I suppose for the people who really want the cache but can't afford the real thing, they can rest easy knowing that unless their friends are purse freaks like us ;) no one in their lives will ever know. Blah.

I got a hamptons carryall on ebay, and I freaked and freaked and freaked that it might be a fake because it's an older version and the details are different from the current version. But then the SA in my store complimented me on the condition of my bag, and while I felt reasomably certain that my bag is not fake on my own (and because of the advice of the Authenticate This! thread) I also imagine that an SA in the Coach store would not compliment a fake bag? Because... how embarrassing if I wore a fake in there and didn't know it?

Crap, this whole thread is making me feel much more paranoid about buying things on eBay.

There's a mall here with a store that sells fakes. I mentioned it in another thread a while back because I reported them to Coach and the RCMP Counterfeit Goods unit. The bags they had recently were fake Legacy shoulders, shoulder zips, etc., but they've had others in the past. They've got fake hangtags and creeds and Coach price tags. So if someone were to see them and not know that Coach isn't supposed to be for sale there, they might buy them and think they were real, especially since it's a regular-looking boutique that sells lots of other bags, sunglasses, etc. And they were selling for about $100 each. :wtf: For someone who's never been in a real Coach store and thinks that $100 is expensive for a bag, they could totally believe they were getting a real Coach. Sucks sucks sucks. Some people are naive enough to fall for it. It makes me so angry whenever I go by that store and see them still out on the shelves :cursing:.

Yes, I did read that post. My point though unclear, was these stores aren't BOUTIQUES with a COACH facade. Most of these types of retailers look like junk at the less attractive end of the mall. $100.00 still wouldn't be cheap enough for a lot of people. There may be some naive, but I'm still not buying that the majority don't know.

Yes, I did read that post. My point though unclear, was these stores aren't BOUTIQUES with a COACH facade. Most of these types of retailers look like junk at the less attractive end of the mall. $100.00 still wouldn't be cheap enough for a lot of people. There may be some naive, but I'm still not buying that the majority don't know.

Until I first set foot in a Coach boutique last year... and started buying Coach at the beginning of this year, I wouldn't have known a real Coach from a fake. *Now* I'm spotting them left and right... but a year ago, I wouldn't have known a fake Coach if it bit me on the nose.

Okay, wait . . . I can understand someone not realizing they got a "fake" as a gift, or from an auction site, if it was their very first. But where else do you get a fake from? They are not sold in "traditional" retail stores. :rolleyes:They know, they know, they know, they know. They just don't want to admit it's fake. Most don't admit they have knockoffs.

I might say "wow where did you get that from? are you sure it's real? how can you tell?" Let them tell you . . .

maybe we can be coy with these people. Next time you see a fake in a Coach store, with glee and excitement rush toward that bag and out loud say "wow is this a newly released style, I've never seen one like this . . . everyone will look! Or "isn't that illegal? . . . "

LoL... :roflmfao: my Husband would do something like that!! (He's a "Coach expert" now thanks to me! :supacool:

Yeah, it's FABULOUS, the people that come in wearing fakes. THEN they get all pissed off because you can't buy a Coach bag in our store for the $40 they paid for their ugly fake Sig Stripe tote. I mean, they get IRATE, kwim? Half of the ones that come into our boutique don't know they've got a fake. This is Arkansas after all :graucho: We're the only Coach store here so most bags in AR seem to come from E-Bay. And people get SOOOO MAD when they realize they cost $300 in our store. Accuse us of marking up the prices. :roflmfao: I've got a thread somewhere about this old man who went off on me once...