UK Chanel HEATHROW Info - Prices and Stock

I'm pretty sure I'm posting in the incorrect area, but I really couldn't find what I needed in the shopping thread.
We are going on a cruise which will end in England. No shopping opportunities along the way, however. We are leaving from San Juan and hitting the Azures, Gijon and Vigo in Spain, and La Rochelle and Cherbourg in France. I know that there are some really great shops at Heathrow, but I'm not sure about the setups of the store.
Are they tax and duty-free shops? Or are they more impulsive, "let's buy one more thing before we leave London" type of places?
What about selection? Do they have much?
Also, I saw that there is an Hermes shop.
Short of calling the shops at Heathrow themselves, I thought you ladies would have a better insight for them. I guess my question would be, is anything actually a better price at an airport shop than domestically?
Thank you so much in advance.
Again, if I've posted incorrectly, please move to the right place.
--Judy

Oh my! If there's one impressive thing at Heathrow, it's the shops!! :yes: I'm guessing you'll be flying out of an international terminal? If so, you would have so many duty free shops. At the terminal I use, there were Chanel, Dior, Burberry, Bally, Hermes, and Gucci! And those are just the shops I shopped at. There are more I can't remember now.

Chanel wasn't exactly well stocked whenever I was there, but it's not really bad either. They always have few classics and in style of the moment bags... Dior and Gucci always are stocked with almost exact items as in boutiques... I always got the newest things that came out from them when at Heathrow. All these shops are after passing the security, so they are all duty free. Only saving would be the taxes but it's indeed something! I was there a couple of times during the sales period too, so sometimes I got really good deals too.

Heathrow is often joked as a shopping center, not an airport because of their shops. Some travelers actually get to the airport much earlier than needed justy to shop. Happy shopping at LHR!

There is a limit to duty free. After you go above some amount you have to pay tax. On the airplane they will give you a slip of paper where you declare things. On the back of that slip are the rules for what you're allowed to keep duty free.

But yeah there is a Chanel in Heathrow, and a Hermes too! I've heard rumors of people getting Birkin without getting on the list at the Hermes at Heathrow. But maybe that's just wishful thinking!

Oh my! If there's one impressive thing at Heathrow, it's the shops!! :yes: I'm guessing you'll be flying out of an international terminal? If so, you would have so many duty free shops. At the terminal I use, there were Chanel, Dior, Burberry, Bally, Hermes, and Gucci! And those are just the shops I shopped at. There are more I can't remember now.

Chanel wasn't exactly well stocked whenever I was there, but it's not really bad either. They always have few classics and in style of the moment bags... Dior and Gucci always are stocked with almost exact items as in boutiques... I always got the newest things that came out from them when at Heathrow. All these shops are after passing the security, so they are all duty free. Only saving would be the taxes but it's indeed something! I was there a couple of times during the sales period too, so sometimes I got really good deals too.

Heathrow is often joked as a shopping center, not an airport because of their shops. Some travelers actually get to the airport much earlier than needed justy to shop. Happy shopping at LHR!

We will be flying to the US so we will be in an international terminal, but not sure which one yet. We are flying United in April. Because the cruise itinerary is such a snore, I will save my shopping for the airport. I'll have to control my impulses, however, in San Juan, before we sail...
We are planning a visit to Windsor before we get dropped off at the airport. I hear there is some special shopping in the town as well. Now you all know my travel priorities are shopping, shopping and eh, a little sightseeing.
--Judy

Let's just hope you're flying out of the shiny new Terminal 5, which will open later this month. I've got the details of the stores that will be there somewhere at home if you're interested, but it's going to be GLORIOUS!

Let's just hope you're flying out of the shiny new Terminal 5, which will open later this month. I've got the details of the stores that will be there somewhere at home if you're interested, but it's going to be GLORIOUS!
I read about terminal 5! I hope that's where we wind up, but it sounds like Heathrow has it all under control with shopping!
--Judy

We will be flying to the US so we will be in an international terminal, but not sure which one yet. We are flying United in April. Because the cruise itinerary is such a snore, I will save my shopping for the airport. I'll have to control my impulses, however, in San Juan, before we sail...
We are planning a visit to Windsor before we get dropped off at the airport. I hear there is some special shopping in the town as well. Now you all know my travel priorities are shopping, shopping and eh, a little sightseeing.
--Judy

If your are flying United, most likely you will be out of terminal 3. Terminal 5 is exclusively for British Airway's, from what i have read. There are soooo many shops in Terminal 3 including Hermes, Gucci, Cartier,etc. You wont be dissapointed;)

edit: sorry, no gucci in term 3

Thanks Siri Anne! I know I won't be disappointed. It will be a lovely diversion from waiting for our flight to Baltimore from London which will be through Chicago O'Hare. What a convoluted route, but there's nothing I can do about it.
--Judy

Oh goodness. That's quite a route!
I used to fly United from NYC to London to Edinburgh nearly every two months for over a year. Then they added an extra leg to that flight (NYC+WashingtonDC+London+Edinburgh) so I stopped flying back and forth and just agreed to marry my Edinburgh beau:graucho:

I now carry a British Airways frequent flyer card.

Sounds like you have a fantastic trip ahead of you! Enjoy:yahoo:

Hi
Do any of you guys know if buying from the airport the same price(or lower or higher) as buying from an outside boutique after the TAX refund?

and are they usually full in stock? i'd be heartbroken :hysteric:if they dont have what i'm looking for since i already left the immigration and cant go back

would they carry a Black Jumbo LS Flap? or a White Medium Carvier? all year long? :Push:

hie, even after the tax refund from the shops, it is cheaper to buy from the airport. however, there are chances that they wont have the bag that you want whereas the boutiques in the city might have it. the airport usually have the black lambskin jumbo but at the moment i dont think they have the white medium caviar unless they order it for pre-fall or fall collection. hope this helps :smile:

Sorry to highjack! But Nadiya, would you happen to know what the tax refund is when you buy from the stores? I know when you buy from the Selfridges Chanel you get 10% back through the Global Refund Program...is it different at the standalone boutiques?