Totally worth it-Totally NOT worth it

Polyester anything (as soon as I see that on the fabric content label I put it back in disgust)
Let me make the case for polyester. Not all polyester is created the same. Some polyester is junk quality: ugly, itchy, cheap. Other polyester is high tech and almost futuristic. Some polyester is breathable, wicking, flexible, and indestructible. Some polyester adds strength and durability to otherwise fragile natural fabrics. Dyes are permanent on poly.
... But... It's hard to tell on the front end, so the "no poly" rule makes sense to me

Let me make the case for polyester. Not all polyester is created the same. Some polyester is junk quality: ugly, itchy, cheap. Other polyester is high tech and almost futuristic. Some polyester is breathable, wicking, flexible, and indestructible. Some polyester adds strength and durability to otherwise fragile natural fabrics. Dyes are permanent on poly.
... But... It's hard to tell on the front end, so the "no poly" rule makes sense to me

Again, my list was just my personal preference regarding my personal experiences. I must say that, surprisingly, I have actually had good luck with Lululemon for my workout clothing and I know that that is most definitely not made of natural fibers. So, there are exceptions but I agree with you it is incredibly difficult to find them and for long lasting clothing that I wear for the majority of my day, natural fibers are still the way to go for me.

Not worth it- expensive, delicate, non machine washable silk clothes. Dry cleaning where I am is obscene $$$. So it needs to be machine washable, hardy/durable, and ready to last for years. My silk tops and dresses have only a few wears before they are done so I hate to indulge in disposable clothes in lovely silk even second hand for a bargain.

I think I reply this thread before years ago, but here is my update:

Worth it:
  1. Brunello Cucinelli cashmere. I have been wearing them for years and never dry clean them, only hand wash with silk detergent
  2. Chanel classic flap that I bought in 2003 with real gold plated hardware and chain
  3. Judith Leiber purses (the satin and exotics types)
  4. Good books
  5. Anything that is beautiful and useful, for example: Chikuhodo brushes with maki lacquer design
  6. Nike Vapormax sneakers (very comfortable)
  7. Gucci Boston canvas bag in black. Bought it in 2007, wear it everyday and put literally everything from food to heavybooks. So sturdy, and still has not falling apart
  8. Uniqlo bras
  9. Cashmere scarves and cashmere beanie from COS. Comfortable on my head with enough stretch and very soft.
  10. Expensive candles. Because it's hard to find cheap candles that don't smell generic and cloying

Not worth it:
  1. Expensive leather gloves. They show the same wear and use
  2. Massimo Dutti clothes (except their jeans)
  3. Expensive branded skin care ( I'd go either to dermatologist or drugstore ones)
  4. Buying loose precious stones (diamonds, turquoise etc). I was planning to take it to a jeweller and make some jewelries, but never get around it because I am afraid the result would not be satisfactory and costly. I might as well go to VCA and spend the exact same cost with something that is proven classic and excellent craftsmanship
  5. Manolo Blahnik, CL. I bought many pairs and sold them all except the MB flats because sentimental reasons
  6. Designer sunglasses. Either stolen, left them in the taxi or I just simply ruined them
  7. Hermes scarves. Gorgeous colors and the quality is out of this world, but I don't know how to wear them in a chic way.
  8. Anything in white (stains, food, dirt etc)
  9. Multiple makeups such as 5 lipstick in the same range of colors or 3 highlighters. Unless I would make money out of it i.e becoming a makeup artist or utube reviewer
  10. Shoes, bags, clothes with beads, sequins or stones. One way or another they will fall apart and leave gaps