Totally worth it-Totally NOT worth it

Worth it: quality regular skin care. Not too many steps I have other things to do rather than obsessively double cleanse or clarisonic my skin raw. Gentle Cleanse, sensitive skin toner (rose water is my fave) , good face cream with at least some anti aging properties.

NOT worth it: professional gel pedi. I got into those last year and they ravaged my nails. Just about recovered
Can’t agree more on importance of skin care. I do wear makeup for work and believe in the importance of cleansing skin very well. What do you use/recommendfor cleansing? I use Clarinsonuc most gentle brush to get my skin clean as I find sometimes with just product no brush it doesn’t feel like it’s clean enough? Any face wash product you like that cleans well but does not strip your skin?

Reactions: keodi and ladysarah
Can’t agree more on importance of skin care. I do wear makeup for work and believe in the importance of cleansing skin very well. What do you use/recommendfor cleansing? I use Clarinsonuc most gentle brush to get my skin clean as I find sometimes with just product no brush it doesn’t feel like it’s clean enough? Any face wash product you like that cleans well but does not strip your skin?
I usually review beauty products/routine every six months or so, and toss away old things. There are a few brands I like and i try to use everything from that range, at any given time. Not that you have to, but I like to see if they work better together.

Reactions: Vanana
I usually review beauty products/routine every six months or so, and toss away old things. There are a few brands I like and i try to use everything from that range, at any given time. Not that you have to, but I like to see if they work better together.
Great to experiment and try new things :smile:

Not worth it:
Paige denim— They're comfy, but the material is too thin for the price. They bag out sooner rather than later.

So true. I bought one pair. I’m usually a 28/29 in all other denim brands but the 29 stretches so badly. I always have to wear a belt or it starts to slip and it wasn’t even that cheap the pair I got. I just really like the grey wash. I decided to give them a try but regret I didn’t just return them.

Worth it:
Maxmara blazers. I love their tailoring. The shoulder seams sit quite nicely on me. I even own a jersey blazer and it’s still cut very well. Mall brands jersey blazers just don’t have that precision. I still try to only get them during end of season sales and managed to score some very classic colours.

Leather lined shoes. I really am starting to hate synthetic lining, particularly for shoes I wear in spring and summer when you tend to go without socks and that aren’t sandals. It breathes so much better and feels so much better. I’m not sold on leather soles as I live in a 4 season climate and much of it is wet but leather upper and lining is what I look for and am willing to pay more for.

Worth It:
Barney’s warehouse sale!
Humanscale chair- much better better than Herman miller. Makes office hours comfortable
Hermès evelyne- practical and great quality
Chanel caviar classic handbags - everyone should have at least one
Louis Vuitton crossbody and old Pegase carryon
Chanel fingerless gloves- allows you to type and well made
Burberry Trench- great for most weather. Burberry cashmere scarves, capes,
Tory Burch simon cardigans
ALC linen shorts
Estate jewelry - get value
Bluemercury skincare line wipes- like Dennis gross but better
Dermatology grade skincare Elta MD, Avene, Kinerase
Vintage classic pieces from Alexander Mcqueen pre Sarah burton era pre 2010
Valentino evening gowns pre 2007
David Yurman Albion collection
Donna Karen Black label evening dresses
Pet collection from Burberry, Louis Vuitton, Henri Bendel
Well made cotton Ts from relatives for holidays, birthdays, etc

Not worth it:
Bags from Chloe, balenciaga, coach, Dior, saint laurent, Burberry, mcm- I’ve regretted some of these purchases
Designer jewelry- you are paying for brand than GIA certification.
Cheap clothing that takes up too much precious room ie forever 21, HM, top shop, Zara etc
True Religion- ugly and uncomfortable
Manolo and Louboutins- most uncomfortable shoes ever. More like closet decor
Lacoste polos- terrible quality. You’d find better things at a lower price point with higher quality.
Vivienne westwood- won’t fit in a few years. Everything classic runs small.

Worth it :
-A good quality leather jacket, designer or not. I bought my biker 20 years ago and it was already vintage by then. It’s still in awesome condition and I still wear it a lot.

-Nice looking, comfy shirts and blouses that are made of good quality cotton or silk. Stuff that you wear almost daily should be nice!
I’m always looking and surprisingly seldom find anything that I like, because I’m a sucker for certain types of colors and patterns. So if I find an awesome one, I’ll get it.

Not worth it:
-Most clothes that are made of polyester or acryl. Even some designer brands have them and they get in bad shape really fast. Plus they are uncomfortable.

-Pleather shoes! The most uncomfortable thing on earth!

Worth it :
-A good quality leather jacket, designer or not. I bought my biker 20 years ago and it was already vintage by then. It’s still in awesome condition and I still wear it a lot.

-Nice looking, comfy shirts and blouses that are made of good quality cotton or silk. Stuff that you wear almost daily should be nice!
I’m always looking and surprisingly seldom find anything that I like, because I’m a sucker for certain types of colors and patterns. So if I find an awesome one, I’ll get it.

Not worth it:
-Most clothes that are made of polyester or acryl. Even some designer brands have them and they get in bad shape really fast. Plus they are uncomfortable.

-Pleather shoes! The most uncomfortable thing on earth
!
so true...

Reactions: Snackpackdino
Question re: worth it. The Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM (canvas, not leather). I've read through many a LV thread, watch YouTube reviews, researched alternatives.

My REAL hang up with this bag is that I don't like overt monogramming and that everyone seems to have one. So is it just the same old tote everyone has these days and money is better spent elsewhere - or is it really worth the money over the long haul? I understand "worth" or "value" is somewhat subjective.

I'm in the market for a good quality, long lasting tote - ideally that doesn't scream "look at my designer tote". But if it's really that awesome - the look in this format has started to grow on me...

Thanks for any thoughts! I didn't want to post on the LV threads since that would naturally invite too much bias.

Happy Sunday! :flowers:

TOTALLY WORTH IT :
Any Zara faux or real leather jackets.....i have about 20 they last forever
Nine West boots/booties.....wait til they go on sale but they wear really good and also last forever

Better get them now, on sale or not. Nine West is going out of business.

I use Pevonia sensitive skin care cleanser. I buy it from skinstore.com. It has very little soap in it so it doesn't strip my very dry skin. I have been using it for many years. It has no scent, which I also like.

Reactions: keodi and Vanana
Better get them now, on sale or not. Nine West is going out of business.

I use Pevonia sensitive skin care cleanser. I buy it from skinstore.com. It has very little soap in it so it doesn't strip my very dry skin. I have been using it for many years. It has no scent, which I also like.
Thanks for the tip! My skin suddenly got so dry that it started getting sensitive... nursing it back to health now :sad:

Worth It: spending a bit more/giving more effort to get exactly what you want
Not worth it: settling. In any aspect of your life. :smile:

I totally agree with this! I would rather do without then settle for something that is almost “IT.”

One of my favorite sayings is “Quality pays you back.” I find it to be so very true and I try to buy quality in everything which my husband finds rather frustrating. But, quality doesn’t necessarily mean that whatever it is has to be expensive but it does mean that you have to do your homework (this is the part that drives my husband mad as it takes time to research what to look for in whatever I am purchasing) and know what to look for so that whatever it is will last.

Totally WORTH IT for me:
18kt gold jewelry (both designer, smaller brands that I have discovered over the years, custom pieces made by my jeweler; vintage pieces both inherited and purchased; and no name but quality pieces that have quality stones and for me that’s nothing below 18kt as I have allergies)

Natural Fabric clothing (Cotton, Silk, Linen, Cashmere, and Wool etc) with quality craftsmanship (Brand names are not a necessity for me but I will not skimp on fabric content or quality ever!)

Tailoring (can transform a so-so article of clothing to a “fits like a glove”/ bespoke piece - so totally worth it for me)

Totally NOT WORTH IT for me:
Costume jewelry (aside from my allergies preventing me from wearing it, I would rather save that money towards real jewelry that can be passed down or sold as it will always have some value for the gold and stones)

Silver jewelry (allergies again, but I just personally have never liked it. I also do not like it as accents on anything like accessories,shoes, clothing or handbags etc, again my personal preference)

Polyester anything (as soon as I see that on the fabric content label I put it back in disgust)

Acrylic anything (scratchy, itchy junk, I do the same thing as I do with anything polyester)

Fast/ Trendy fashion (I prefer to invest in classic pieces that I can wear for several years with the occasional “In” color but only if it looks amazing with my complexion)

Last edited: