Totally worth it-Totally NOT worth it

oh no....may i ask why?? i was thinking of buyng one

Just because it was toooooo expensive. I think they're cute, but in a hot minute it's going to look super dated and I suspect I'm going to feel silly! On the other hand, who knows - they are super creative and fun, and I may appreciate owning a little bit of this moment in fashion history . . . but I typically drop big bucks on more practical things, so this is out of my comfort zone.

Reactions: lulilu and BBC
TOTALLY WORTH IT :
Any Zara faux or real leather jackets.....i have about 20 they last forever
Nine West boots/booties.....wait til they go on sale but they wear really good and also last forever
Forever 21.....cheap store but i find many trendy pieces that u dont want to pay alot for and the quailty is good for the price
Louis Vuitton.....all the canvas bags they sell r durable and fashionable....love them and have a few
American Eagle.....love the jeans they sell
TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT:
Old Navy.....all the stuff from there stretches or falls apart and after u wash items they lose the shape so fast
Joe Fresh.....the fit sucks on all the clothes they sell
The Gap....same as old navy.....the fit changes after wear and washing....not worth it even if on sale

Just because it was toooooo expensive. I think they're cute, but in a hot minute it's going to look super dated and I suspect I'm going to feel silly! On the other hand, who knows - they are super creative and fun, and I may appreciate owning a little bit of this moment in fashion history . . . but I typically drop big bucks on more practical things, so this is out of my comfort zone.
yes i agree with u!! thanks for the response... they r cute little buggers thou arent they!! LOL!! ;)

So freaking cute, and I can see how they could be addictive, too. *slaps own wrist*

I very much agree with your list, by the way! American Eagle jeans are underrated!
and if u wait a season they r always in Winners or Marshall in the junior section for a fraction of the price....just bought a pair of the tomgirls from last year and winners price was $19.99!!!

Reactions: Summerfriend
Just because it was toooooo expensive. I think they're cute, but in a hot minute it's going to look super dated and I suspect I'm going to feel silly!

I am totally with you on this....I did the same with the Hermès rodeos. I'm too old for this! And it will look so dated....eventually *sigh*. And so expensive. I got rid of mine. Definitely something I do not need!

TOTALLY WORTH IT :
Any Zara faux or real leather jackets.....i have about 20 they last forever
Nine West boots/booties.....wait til they go on sale but they wear really good and also last forever
Forever 21.....cheap store but i find many trendy pieces that u dont want to pay alot for and the quailty is good for the price
Louis Vuitton.....all the canvas bags they sell r durable and fashionable....love them and have a few
American Eagle.....love the jeans they sell
TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT:
Old Navy.....all the stuff from there stretches or falls apart and after u wash items they lose the shape so fast
Joe Fresh.....the fit sucks on all the clothes they sell
The Gap....same as old navy.....the fit changes after wear and washing....not worth it even if on sale
Oh no, I just bought like 10 pairs of old navy rockstar super skinny jeans. They fit so well and were on sale for $20...

Oh no, I just bought like 10 pairs of old navy rockstar super skinny jeans. They fit so well and were on sale for $20...
rockstar jeans r alittle better from them but i find with any boyfriend type jean they stretch like crazy and after the first wash they seem to get outta shape...never had good luck with them or forever 21 jeans either....i wish they worked for me and u got them for only 20 bucks!! score!! :smile:

rockstar jeans r alittle better from them but i find with any boyfriend type jean they stretch like crazy and after the first wash they seem to get outta shape...never had good luck with them or forever 21 jeans either....i wish they worked for me and u got them for only 20 bucks!! score!! :smile:
Seriously, I'm obsessed with these jeans. Ive even canceled my backordered AG jeans from Nordie anni sale. I can buy 7 pairs for the price of that 1!

Will have to try washing a pair to see how it turns out.

Seriously, I'm obsessed with these jeans. Ive even canceled my backordered AG jeans from Nordie anni sale. I can buy 7 pairs for the price of that 1!

Will have to try washing a pair to see how it turns out.

My rockstar jeans last forever. I have been wearing them for years. Wash on cold and hang to dry. Need to keep money for the good stuff like bags and jewelry!

Reactions: meowmix318
My rockstar jeans last forever. I have been wearing them for years. Wash on cold and hang to dry. Need to keep money for the good stuff like bags and jewelry!
I'm so glad to hear bc I just bought another 5 pairs during another sale. I wish I knew when they first came out, and saved my $ for bags and shoes [emoji39]. Love their petite inseam so that I don't spend $ on alterations either!

Bumping this thread!

Worth it:

rag & bone jeans— comfortable and incredibly flattering fit. they also have a cool seam in the back pockets that is ultra booty-flattering
Mcguire jeans— softest things in the world, and super thick and sturdy. the washes are to die for.
Stuart Weitzman footwear– My friend and I swear by our many Weitzmans.
Loeffler Randall Vera— These ruffle sandals were ubiquitous last spring and I was afraid they would become outdated, but I find myself reaching for them all the time!
Club Monaco knits— These are especially creative and high quality. I find that I like Club Monaco because rather than ascribe to trends, it dictates its own style. I think it makes the pieces simultaneously fashion-forward and timeless.

Not worth it:
Paige denim— They're comfy, but the material is too thin for the price. They bag out sooner rather than later.
Frame denim knits— I have a Frame sweater that I've had for not even a year and It already has a large hole in it. Not even my cheaper sweaters have done that.

Reactions: absolutpink
Worth it: quality regular skin care. Not too many steps I have other things to do rather than obsessively double cleanse or clarisonic my skin raw. Gentle Cleanse, sensitive skin toner (rose water is my fave) , good face cream with at least some anti aging properties.

NOT worth it: professional gel pedi. I got into those last year and they ravaged my nails. Just about recovered

Bumping this thread!

Worth it:

rag & bone jeans— comfortable and incredibly flattering fit. they also have a cool seam in the back pockets that is ultra booty-flattering

Not worth it:
Paige denim— They're comfy, but the material is too thin for the price. They bag out sooner rather than later.

Yes to both of these! I've noticed lately that Paige seems to be priced higher and higher and I have been wondering if the quality ha improved? All of the PD jeans I've had in the past have been awful quality and bag out of shape within hours. My R&B's are my denim HG, love, love love them! Although I'm finding it tough to find them lately, I used to get them at Aritzia and none of my local stores carries them anymore.