Theory Clothing - Quality or Overpriced?

I love my pants and suiting pieces... but I rarely buy a shirt from them, I think those are overpriced, and even the pants and suit pieces I guess I rarely pay full price for, but because they do fit me wonderfully, I don't mind, if I have to. I love that I can go to the line and mix and match pieces from different seasons and things go together, then I can add to my wardrobe over time. I haven't had any quality issues.

Completely overpriced. Unfortunately, their dress pants fit on me is TDF. BUT, every single pair has ripped on the pocket slats and I had to return them and get a new pair and have them altered so there is extra reinforcement on the pocket area.

I'm another Theory lover. I used to pay full price but then I discovered the outlets at Woodbury Common, NY and Leesburg, VA. Sounds like there are other outlets as well. The Theory sample sales in NYC have been a bit of a disappointment for me, but there are some good deals there too. In fact I wore a Theory suit to work today. So I would pay full retail for something I loved, but most times I can find what I want at a discount. The clothes wear really well too.

I dry clean everything, but so far pretty indestructible. I think my oldest Theory suit is at least 5 years old and going strong. I definitely wear my Theory pieces regularily to work.

Theory definitely fits a slimmer built, being a bit big on top I have to size up at least two sizes in jackets, but then things look great!

I bought a few of their pants on Ebay for half off retail, and thought they were just okay until a guy at work said out of nowhere, "Wow...those are great pants." The fact a straight guy noticed a plain pair of black pants....well, that tells me they were worth every penny!;)

i have a couple of theory sweaters, but i only paid full price for em because they were cashmere and cashmere is meant to be expensive anyway. The quality has been great and even though it says "dry clean", i've handwashed it all with no problems. I wouldn't spend $200 on their cotton or merino wool stuff though, Gap is better & cheaper for that. I think if you really want quality & can afford a bit more for Theory-like pieces, you should really go for VINCE. :smile: Its available on shopbop.com.

I have a lot of Theory clothes, and I don't think I paid retail for any of it. You can always find Theory at NR, Loehmann's, and marked down at department stores.

I think the clothes are pretty good quality. My Theory cashmere sweaters are actually holding up better than some of my Tse ones, and much better than the James Perse ones. I also love their suits.

The outlet is hit or miss. Sometimes the store is 15% off retail, which is no bargain in my book. I've also seen them have the whole store 50% or more.

I really like Theory. I own quite a few blazers, skirts and pants - business attire (i.e., suiting seperates). When I was in LM last week, the cashier told me about the sample sale. However, I don't the prices are that great for a sale. I have gotten excellent buys on Theory at Saks, Nordstrom Rack, TJ Max, Marshalls and Off-Fifth. Personally, I think LM's prices on Theory in general are high given the fact it is an outlet store.

theory is great. i love their pants and sweaters. if you wait, theory will almost always go on sale at the end of the season. so if you dont want to pay full retail, you can just wait and get it on sale.

though, the really popular items usually dont make it to sale...