The Tory Burch *REVA FLATS* Sizing thread

I wear a size 6 or 6.5 and believe it or not I wear a size 7 in TB. The size 6.5 feel too tight for me and the size 7 is a little loose but I prefer it that way because the size 6.5 would give me aches.

I really loved how the Revas looked and got myself one last year.

Trying them at Bloomingdale's for just some moments and walking around, they felt pretty true to size (I am a 7). So I got the black smooth leather pair.
If I wore them for just a couple of hours, I would be fine. But one day I decided to go to work, by the end of the day, me feet were hurting so much, I could barely walk. The top part of my foot was so pressed into the front of the foot that even created a huge bump. :tdown:

I noticed that the back elastic was very scrunched and was indeed pressing my foot forward. I thought that by wearing it, the elastic would give and it would be more confortable. But no. And my feet were bothering me so much I almost gave up and was thinking about selling them on Ebay (no way to exchange for a bigger size - they were worn). :cursing:

I was really bumped, because I do love them and wanted to wear them.
What I did yesterday literally saved me!

I carefully cut the suede lining from the very back of the shoe without cutting the outside leather - you can cut with a razor or xacto knife. Of course I found the white elastic!!! I cut it and immediately, the shoe looked bigger - like a regular flat in the back, not that scrunched mess.
Immediately I tried them on and they now fit FANTASTIC. I am a 7, this is a 7 and it is perfect now.
Now the front of my feet is not being pressured in the front and the leather is so smooth I won't have any more problems!!!:wlae:

I have the black leather with gold medalion in 9.5 but they are too big and flip flop so I stuck those foot petal heavenly heels in the back and they are quite comfy now. My toes have enough wiggling room for them not to feel pressed down by the medalion. I never had the problem of the elastic pushing my foot forward though. I'm usually an 8.5, 9. I tried on a 9 at Bloomies after work one day and they felt really tight. Might've been my feet being swelled up cause it was the end of the day. :wondering

Lubrusca- great idea! I don't think I'll be getting another pair- I just don't think they suit me, but if I do that sounds like a good alternative to buying them too big and having them scrunch in the back.

I'm usually an 8.5, 9. I tried on a 9 at Bloomies after work one day and they felt really tight. Might've been my feet being swelled up cause it was the end of the day. :wondering

This is the exact same reason why I ended up with the size 9!!! I was in the Tory Burch store downtown at the very end of the day after walking around for about 6 hours and I just figured my feet were swollen since earlier that day the 9 felt like a dream on my feet at bloomies! Do you find that your 9.5's have stretched at all Wonders? :confused1:

Lubrusca - Thanks for sharing your story. :flowers: I told my BF what you did and he said that I could always take mine to a shoe repair place and they can do that for me since I'm a hazard with any type of knife or tool I'd be afraid to ruin them completely. I'm glad to know that I have a last resort option for mine though!!

I have European size 35,5-36 (mostly 36 since it is sometimes tricky to find 35,5 - 35 is usally too small). Does anyone know what size this corresponds to? When looking at the size chart both 5,5 and 6 seem to correspond to size 36. I wish I could find really cheap pair on Ebay just so that I could try the size so that I do not risk to order wrong size. Does anyone know where in Europe these shoes are sold?

I'm not sure about the sizing as I'm having trouble myself figuring out what size I need but you can email the company and ask for locations near you that carry the shoes :idea: http://www.toryburch.com/contact.aspx

Here are the locations as far as I could find on her website
Tory Burch is currently sold at its freestanding stores in New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Dallas, Greenwich, South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, CA, East Hampton, Bal Harbour, Chicago, Las Vegas, San Diego and on our website at www.toryburch.com. Our first outlet store is located at the Woodbury Common Premium Outlets in New York. The collection is also available at Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Bloomingdales stores nationwide, and at nearly 400 specialty stores throughout the United States. Outside of the US, the collection is available at Holt Renfrew, Selfridges, Harvey Nichols London and Dubai, Lane Crawford and select stores throughout Europe.

Good luck, let us know if you find them near you!!

I'm not sure about the sizing as I'm having trouble myself figuring out what size I need but you can email the company and ask for locations near you that carry the shoes :idea: http://www.toryburch.com/contact.aspx

Here are the locations as far as I could find on her website
Tory Burch is currently sold at its freestanding stores in New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Dallas, Greenwich, South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, CA, East Hampton, Bal Harbour, Chicago, Las Vegas, San Diego and on our website at www.toryburch.com. Our first outlet store is located at the Woodbury Common Premium Outlets in New York. The collection is also available at Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Bloomingdales stores nationwide, and at nearly 400 specialty stores throughout the United States. Outside of the US, the collection is available at Holt Renfrew, Selfridges, Harvey Nichols London and Dubai, Lane Crawford and select stores throughout Europe.

Good luck, let us know if you find them near you!!

Thanks! Closest would be London, but I am in Sweden... I hope that I will find some really cheap ones on Ebay that I can buy just to try the size...

Thanks! Closest would be London, but I am in Sweden... I hope that I will find some really cheap ones on Ebay that I can buy just to try the size...

Try contacting them and see if there is a store in your area. It says select stores throughout Europe so there could be one not too far from you, right? That way you could just go there and try them on without wasting any money!!

This is the exact same reason why I ended up with the size 9!!! I was in the Tory Burch store downtown at the very end of the day after walking around for about 6 hours and I just figured my feet were swollen since earlier that day the 9 felt like a dream on my feet at bloomies! Do you find that your 9.5's have stretched at all Wonders? :confused1:

It has stretched but not in a bad way. For example, after I put in the pads in the back where the scrunchy was and at the balls of my feet, they were a bit tight on top of my foot where the medallion is, but after a couple of days wearing them, they're pretty comfortable. As for stretching out to the point where they're way too big to wear? I don't have that problem. I don't think they stretch length wise...and with summer coming, your feet swells in the heat anyway. Hope that helps :yes:

what about the leopard calf hair revas? do these stretch out a lot as well? i normally wear a 7 but i have wide feet, so would it be wise to go up 1/2 a size?

also does anyone have the "quinn" tory burch flats? i mean the quilted ones, without the scrunchy elastic part at the heel. are these comfy? how does sizing run? thanks! i really really like the yellow quilted ones!