The New CL * DIY * Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ladies, I am new to this forum but I would like to share my DIY CL stressing for this pair of No Prive Patent Peep Toes that I purchased from ebay to do my first DIY project.....:biggrin:
I worked on it quite a bid the insole needed to be glued, touched up the bronze part of the insole using metallic dye, sanded and touched up the bottom of the sole with red paint, scanned and purchased at home depot, finally, stressed with crystals bought from http://www.beadsfactory.com/ , great price, in two colors smoke topaz for the heels, Montana blue for the shoes. I used about 5 gross of ss7, 5 gross of ss10, 3 gross of ss16 and 2 gross of ss20 for the heels. For the shoes I used about 7 gross of ss9, 5 gross of ss12, 4 gross of ss16 and 3 gross of ss20. I still have a lot of left over but I will keep for replacement or something else. It took about 30 hours of work but I love the result.
Thank you for reading ladies,
My before and after photos in this post.

Attachments

• My CLS before pic.jpg
    My CLS before pic.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 980
  • My CLS after pic-1.jpg
    My CLS after pic-1.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 980
  • My CLS after pic-2.jpg
    My CLS after pic-2.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 976
Hello ladies, I am new to this forum but I would like to share my DIY CL stressing for this pair of No Prive Patent Peep Toes that I purchased from ebay to do my first DIY project.....:biggrin:

I worked on it quite a bid the insole needed to be glued, touched up the bronze part of the insole using metallic dye, sanded and touched up the bottom of the sole with red paint, scanned and purchased at home depot, finally, stressed with crystals bought from http://www.beadsfactory.com/ , great price, in two colors smoke topaz for the heels, Montana blue for the shoes. I used about 5 gross of ss7, 5 gross of ss10, 3 gross of ss16 and 2 gross of ss20 for the heels. For the shoes I used about 7 gross of ss9, 5 gross of ss12, 4 gross of ss16 and 3 gross of ss20. I still have a lot of left over but I will keep for replacement or something else. It took about 30 hours of work but I love the result.

What an amazing transformation! I really like the contrast between the topaz and Montana blue. Well done!!!

Beautiful job!

I haven't seen 2 colors of crystals on a pair of CLs before. you did a great job!

04.jpg

I am thinking about starting a strass project on this pair. But can someone help me with a few things? First of all is it possible to dye over suede? Second of all, what is the best glue to use/ where can I get the crystals? I found this website http://www.firemountaingems.com/Shop/KW1CTKJHD1WWQNN but not sure if that's where everyone gets them from. Also, how big do I need to buy the crystals? I don't want it too look bulky or something. And what do you use to apply the crystals on to the glue, a pincet or something? Maybe it would be a good thing to post all useful tips in the beginning post so people don't have to answer silly questions like mine every time someone wants to strass.. Because I know all the information is out here in the topics, but it is just so much and spread over more then 500 pages..

I just ordered the following:

ss05 4 gross
ss06 4 gross
ss07 4 gross
ss09 4 gross
ss10 2 gross
ss12 2 gross

I wasn't sure about the sizing, but I do know that I want to use really small crystals because I want them all close to each other so you won't see gaps and it won't look too chunky. I'm not sure about the glue though, is Gem-tac or E6000 better?

I just ordered the following:

ss05 4 gross
ss06 4 gross
ss07 4 gross
ss09 4 gross
ss10 2 gross
ss12 2 gross

I wasn't sure about the sizing, but I do know that I want to use really small crystals because I want them all close to each other so you won't see gaps and it won't look too chunky. I'm not sure about the glue though, is Gem-tac or E6000 better?

I prefer e6000, i think it holds better than gemtac.

So... I ordered a really beat up pair of Decollete 868s with the intention of strassing. However, I'd rather spend the money strassing a pointed shoe or a ballet flat, so I'm going to try glittering.

I'm going to do the paint-on-mod podge-with-glitter-mixed-in method. I think I'm doing rose gold. I'm terrified, especially of the sanding!!!

Mostly I'm excited though. :lol: I'm sure I'll be back for tips as soon as they get here.

Question.... Did you find that the glossyness of the red paint was similar to that of the soles?

Status
Not open for further replies.