The Golden Bachelor Gerry Turner

IMO it's just fake....so no surprise
The producers polished a turd for the show. The truth came out about him near the end of the show. He had a number of different jobs, not a "restaurateur" as claimed, and was in a lengthy relationship with a woman after his wife died. She claims he treated her badly when she became ill. I don't know why Theresa went ahead with the marriage. A fool for love I guess.

The producers polished a turd for the show. The truth came out about him near the end of the show. He had a number of different jobs, not a "restaurateur" as claimed, and was in a lengthy relationship with a woman after his wife died. She claims he treated her badly when she became ill. I don't know why Theresa went ahead with the marriage. A fool for love I guess.
Or they wanted the attention and a free wedding. They must’ve know all these issues before they were married, logistics of where to live , etc…. She better not show up as a golden bachelorette!

Or they wanted the attention and a free wedding. They must’ve know all these issues before they were married, logistics of where to live , etc…. She better not show up as a golden bachelorette!
I thought runner up Leslie Fhima was under consideration but I haven't heard anything recently. I hope she's having a good laugh this morning. Bullet dodged.

• Love
Reactions: lulu212121
I thought runner up Leslie Fhima was under consideration but I haven't heard anything recently. I hope she's having a good laugh this morning. Bullet dodged.
Agreed! I felt so bad for her when she was so upset Gary didn’t pick her. She prob realized how lucky she was now. I hope she tries to find love some other way. Couples on these shows don’t seem to work out except for Trista and Ryan…

And once again I am happy that I have never spent one minute on any of these shows…Bachelor, Bachelorette or Golden Bachelor. :cool:
I can't stand The Bachelor, but I started watching this because my husband got hooked on it. Probably due to the novelty of it featuring our age group. I lost interest at the end and we skipped the wedding. We won't watch any future seasons.

I didn't watch but I like reading about it -- apparently she wanted to stay in NJ and he wouldn't move from his state, which is not NJ.

If they really were in love, couldn't they visit each other, might be fun to go back and forth. At least give it a try before immediately filing for divorce.

They never lived together, each stayed in their own home from the beginning. They also had a prenup, so good for her.

I didn't watch but I like reading about it -- apparently she wanted to stay in NJ and he wouldn't move from his state, which is not NJ.

If they really were in love, couldn't they visit each other, might be fun to go back and forth. At least give it a try before immediately filing for divorce.

They never lived together, each stayed in their own home from the beginning. They also had a prenup, so good for her.
Despite the nice guy image they promoted on the show, he gave me the impression that he is not one to compromise. He probably didn't want to leave the Indiana lake home he built with his late wife, and she may not have been comfortable living there and leaving her family in NJ. I don't blame her. But I don't understand the rush to marriage, unless there was some contractual obligation to go through with it. My husband's take was that the Jersey girl and the "midwest dweeb" were never going to last. :lol: