The Golden Bachelor Gerry Turner

“A $60k dress that matched our eyes”

I mean, maybe he’s a jerk or maybe he’s a decent sort with an ex-girlfriend with an axe to grind that is on a tv show put together for entertainment purposes.

If he told the second that she wasn’t getting the ring too early (eta or he didn’t pretend she was in the running to up the suspense) - there would be no show. I think people have to realize what they are getting into when they go on these stupid shows. Both the Bachelor/ettes and the suitors. The format doesn’t make anyone look good or principled.

Last edited:
Reactions: Allisonfaye
“A $60k dress that matched our eyes”

I mean, maybe he’s a jerk or maybe he’s a decent sort with an ex-girlfriend with an axe to grind that is on a tv show put together for entertainment purposes.

If he told the second that she wasn’t getting the ring too early - there would be no show. I think people have to realize what they are getting into when they go on these stupid shows. Both the Bachelor/ettes and the suitors. The format doesn’t make anyone look good or principled.
I do get that it would ruin the show telling her early but she seems devastated and it was so hard to watch on tv. Hard to know what was said behind closed doors but he must have said stuff that had her believe she had a chance. The timing of the ex girlfriend story seems weird to me, why not bring it up when the show aired vs the finale? Now I remember why I don’t watch these shows!

I do get that it would ruin the show telling her early but she seems devastated and it was so hard to watch on tv. Hard to know what was said behind closed doors but he must have said stuff that had her believe she had a chance. The timing of the ex girlfriend story seems weird to me, why not bring it up when the show aired vs the finale? Now I remember why I don’t watch these shows!
Based on how many times she said she never got picked, she was going to be a basket case no matter he did it. That said, I think he should have tried harder to not be all over with his emotions. He definitely seemed to have a case of love the one you're with.

The wedding will be televised so they will probably go through with it.

I don't care if he was an a$$ to his live-in girlfriend (just proves he's probably a jerk) as much and I mind he lied and had jumped immediately into dating and I got the impression he was already looking before the death of his wife.

So he's just a regular guy with a lot of baggage and a bitter ex live-in. Not so romantic after all!

Based on how many times she said she never got picked, she was going to be a basket case no matter he did it. That said, I think he should have tried harder to not be all over with his emotions. He definitely seemed to have a case of love the one you're with.
Probably but i agree he seemed to say things to the women he was with then regretted it , having those feelings at the time. Apparently people have checked out his resume on Linkedin where he is listed….

He reminds me of one of my friends husband. He acts the same somewhat simple, innocent, golly gee persona.
He has never been good with money and she has bailed him out of credit card debt 4 times. He never has money (although he does only have a low paying job) to contribute to the household bills but can buy the things he wants.
He won money in a lottery and didn't give her a penny. He did buy a new tv so I guess it was something that she got use of, and he spent the rest on himself and a fishing boat and truck.
He refers to their house, that he has never contributed to mortgage payment wise, as "his house"
We don't know what our friend sees in him, but they've been together over 25 years so what do we know?

Who knows what this bachelor's life was like with his wife? Did she have a good paying job and a pension?
Was she a main breadwinner?
I guess it will all come out in the wash now he has placed himself in the sights of the publics smoking gun.

Who's watching the wedding tonight?
I hope their marriage is a success.
I got a weird vibe from Gerry, and the kiss-and-tell articles from his former girlfriend made me go hmnnnn?
Time will tell, but I hope it all works out for Theresa.

I didn't watch any of this but have read lots of articles and like seeing the photos.

Wasn't it odd she wore that long white veil the whole time? A tiny little 70 plus female wearing a long white gown and veil to her second wedding. So odd.
I'm old but I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought so. So many beautiful gowns she could have chosen. Only thing I could think was the first time around for her she didn't have the big white wedding. I know she got married very young.

Reactions: Jayne1
Absolutely watching! Gerry Turner is a gem at 72, looking fantastic. His story is touching, and those women are a riot! It's inspiring to witness love and adventures later in life. As I navigate the years, seeing this brings a smile.