Star Jones .....dun dun dun

I agree that the Star/Rosie combo would be conter-productive. They already spend the first 20 minutes of the show talking over each other. I think Rosie can (will) be rude and offensive to some of the guest. Joy is enough. Let's wish Star well. Now let's talk about getting rid of that ultra conservative, do no wrong Elizabeth. Now sparks will fly between her and Rosie.

Elizabeth is the one who really bugs the heck out of me. She comes across as very sheltered and uninformed. Who was she before she was on the show and how did she get the job?

Too bad - seeing Star and Rosie go at it would have been fun - I can't stand either one of them - They are both way too full of themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!yuck! Ya can't hide the conceit baby!!!

pseub said:
Elizabeth is the one who really bugs the heck out of me. She comes across as very sheltered and uninformed. Who was she before she was on the show and how did she get the job?

OMG, I totally agree. She annoys me. I think they hired her to sort of represent the younger generation of viewers, but, IMO, they need to let her go. I think they could find someone else better suited. I mean, geez, she was on Survivor :blink: ( And, didn't even win...so what's the big deal?)

I'm with Sparkle on this one. I'm not a HUGE Star Jones fan, but I liked her. I thought she gave some opinions that I agreed with. The person I don't really care for on the show is Joy Behar. She is annoying and inappropriate at times. I loved Meredith, she kept everyone together. I'm not a Rosie fan. She right in line with Joy.

As for Star, I do believe she was pushed out. Barbara Walters knew her and Rosie didn't get along and she hired Rosie anyway. Star didn't have much of a choice but to leave. So that's unfortunate for her.

Now my choices for her replacement since I must. It has to be a black woman of course. A lot of people said Gayle King, but I'm not knocking at that door. I liked when Tisha Campbell cohosted, but she's probably not going to want to move to NYC. So I'm not really sure who else would want the position. Maybe they'll do a search like when they found Elizabeth.

pseub said:

Yep. I've said it here before. She's wayyyyy out of her league. I don't watch the show because SHE annoys me more than anyone else on the show. Having never dealt with Star before, I can't say if she's nice or not. The jury seems to be out on that one for me. I've heard many, many negatives but also some good things about her. But I will tell you this, she's MUCH MORE informed than Elizabeth will ever be in my opinion.

crowgal said:
I seriously doubt she would go back to practicing law...maybe she will be a court tv reporter again.

On the other hand she could be running back to practice they're tons of "celebrity lawyers" that make spectacular $. Plus show business hasn't exactly been too kind to Star!

BagLovingMom said:
On the other hand she could be running back to practice they're tons of "celebrity lawyers" that make spectacular $. Plus show business hasn't exactly been too kind to Star!

Yes, that's true, but if I needed a lawyer, I wouldn't want one with so much bad press against them. I just can't see her sitting at a desk pouring over legal cases. Just my opinion...

Jadore said:
YESSSS!!! Star is outie!..o god do they really have to get Gloria Estefan? I cant stand her (Im probably the only latina that cant stant her).

nope I am Latina and Gloria Estefan gets on my nerves. I cannot really tell you why, she just annoys me for some reason