SMAS VS Deep Plane

What about short scar smasectomy? I heard that’s considered a mini-facelift which I am interested in. I was initially interested in skin-lift only lift after my botched zygoma reduction, but I heard it makes your scar bigger and doesn’t last as long. I’m too young to get a full facelift, but am interested in short scar smasectomy. Less scarring and less downtime, but ofc the results are not as good as full facelift. I just wonder about the side effects and nerve damage of the SMAS
I'm in the same boat as you! I just want a short scar/ mini facelft or a MACS lift.

What about short scar smasectomy? I heard that’s considered a mini-facelift which I am interested in. I was initially interested in skin-lift only lift after my botched zygoma reduction, but I heard it makes your scar bigger and doesn’t last as long. I’m too young to get a full facelift, but am interested in short scar smasectomy. Less scarring and less downtime, but ofc the results are not as good as full facelift. I just wonder about the side effects and nerve damage of the SMAS
I'm in exactly the same position!

Hi @MissOrange, I am a new member and joined just to respond to your incredible knowledge on these subjects! I am in my early thirties but am interested in a smas FL for my early sagging cheeks. I have done sculpture, but it did not fully give the effect I'm looking for as I believe it's more related to skin sag. I am not a fan of fillers, and am hoping to get ahead of the curve with aging. I already have a very clean lifestyle and great skincare routine. That being said, I have a few questions:

1) do you know of any doctors who would perform the high SMAS (with cutting of SMAS, not just stitching) mid face lift to a younger patient? The only docs I see willing to do a mid face lift on someone my age are doing deep plane, and it seems to run 30k+

2) Would repositioning the cheeks through High SMAS help the under eye? I don't have major hollowing or bags, but I do appear to have a lot of excess skin that wrinkles fairly badly when I express/emote. Likely due to low cheek position.

Looking forward to your response! :biggrin: