Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PFF's, I found this while thrifting. It's a copper? vase. Any thoughts? It's interesting, but you never know where thrifting will take you. So has anyone ever seen something like this? Also, they are trying to pass a law where you will be fined if you are carrying a fake handbag. What do you think about that?
http://

I know they have that law in France and Italy and quite a few people have been caught out having to pay huge fines. And it's not just bags its any counterfeit goods. A woman was fined for buying fake sunglasses.

I found Burberry wallet yesterday, it was authenticated already. Paid $5.

That is so beautiful! I love the Burberry Stead in the leather ... it's beautiful! Wear it with pride and be calm and happy that the Wallet police won't fine you.

PFF's, I found this while thrifting. It's a copper? vase. Any thoughts? It's interesting, but you never know where thrifting will take you. So has anyone ever seen something like this? Also, they are trying to pass a law where you will be fined if you are carrying a fake handbag. What do you think about that?

HHhmm I wish I could touch it ... looks brass which is harder than copper. If it were copper there would be lots of green on it I would think ...

I agree with Lisa. The Genie. He lives in there. Rub it! Rub it hard in a place where an exploding Genie won't damage the roof!

I think you have unlimited Luck for thrift finds, so no need to wish for that ...

LMAO at the ... Fake Police giving out fines. I mean. Yeah it's tacky and ... vile. But do we actually need more hostility against consumers? Will these police be named the Fashion Police? Will the Fashion Police be real?

Seems ... like a road to Insanity laced with lots of ... Fakery. I wanna give fines to the people who fine people. I wanna be in charge of that. "I give you a ticket, for giving out tickets! No! Me! Infinity!"

After I save the world with my buttons I shall get out my antique graph paper and write this all up Proper Like ... and then hire Jama to embroider it all into a Constitution.

Oops better pic

Oh. My. God!

I would ... cry! Did you cry!? WOW! It's stunning!

I know they have that law in France and Italy and quite a few people have been caught out having to pay huge fines. And it's not just bags its any counterfeit goods. A woman was fined for buying fake sunglasses.

*rolls eyes*

Here's what I need to know. WHO is getting the MONEY from the fines?

And why are these people not finding and shutting down the counterfeiters instead? It feels like ... taxes on taxes to me. But then ... I'm American and we have the long tradition of hating such things and throwing Tantrums over Tea.

Now ... pull over to the side Lady ... that's a very very fake Louis Vuitton bag you have here at the 99 cent only store and I am afraid I have to give you a TICKET! Hey hey stop trying to hide your fake bag under a pile of onions! Come back here! Don't make me fire my weapon!

Went to the local goodwill today. Was actually very clean and had quite a large selection. Ended up with a new pair of Vix swimsuit bottoms for $3. They had quite a few brand new swimsuits (vix, Lspace, Michael kors) so maybe a store went out of business since they had a couple of doubles. Had a cute Joie soft top but it was still $5 and it was meh. They have 50% off tag color sales every Sunday so if I go back and it's half off ill get it.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1371423754.038585.jpg

On a side note...what is the best top cost to use on your nails? I have the OPI one that a friend bought me for my birthday and it's so thick and after my nails were nicely pained with Chanel I feel like it ruined them and got streaky :sad: ugh!! I need a new one. And if you gals have a base coat you recommend that would be nice :smile:

Nothing good at the regular stores today, but I did find something exciting at a local 'thrift boutique.'

A wool Celine coat for $18! It looks like a trench coat, but in wool. I love the open slits at the bottom. It fits like it was made for me, and it looks unused!

DSC04178.JPG

Anyone know when it was made? The fit feels pretty modern....it makes me feel like a million bucks :biggrin:. Similar ones retail for $3200+!

DSC04183.JPG

Also got a vintage suede purse for $7.80. It looked new, and I really liked the style.

DSC04181.JPG

I always hesitate to go in that store, since their pricing is somewhat high (well...not for a boutique, but for a normal thrift store) and I'm almost always the only one in there! I hate feeling like I'm being watched all of the time...but what else are they going to look at :P? Everything was 40% off so I decided to take a look.

I also ended up going to a crazy sale at the mall. I got 8 tops for $20! Most of them retailed for $20 each, and they have really neat styles. Way cheaper than most of the thrift stores here, and they were new!
SCORE!!!:yahoo:

Nothing good at the regular stores today, but I did find something exciting at a local 'thrift boutique.'

A wool Celine coat for $18! It looks like a trench coat, but in wool. I love the open slits at the bottom. It fits like it was made for me, and it looks unused!

DSC04178.JPG

Anyone know when it was made? The fit feels pretty modern....it makes me feel like a million bucks :biggrin:. Similar ones retail for $3200+!

DSC04183.JPG

Also got a vintage suede purse for $7.80. It looked new, and I really liked the style.

DSC04181.JPG

I always hesitate to go in that store, since their pricing is somewhat high (well...not for a boutique, but for a normal thrift store) and I'm almost always the only one in there! I hate feeling like I'm being watched all of the time...but what else are they going to look at :P? Everything was 40% off so I decided to take a look.

I also ended up going to a crazy sale at the mall. I got 8 tops for $20! Most of them retailed for $20 each, and they have really neat styles. Way cheaper than most of the thrift stores here, and they were new!

Do you watch Scandal? That coat looks something Olivia Pope would wear. It's GORGEOUS!!

This looks like an ancient treasure. You know, the kind in the movies that give you magical powers or something. ;) It's really cool!

Been reading everyones contribution... So, Here's my contribution from this weekend...

A silk scarf from tie rack. $3
1371424682715.jpg

Then a no brand costume necklace $3
1371424649000.jpg

And a top... $4.... Looks way nicer when I wear...
1371424742534.jpg

A beautiful classic!!

That's a wonderful find Tuuli, it looks like it's in great condition.

She's a beauty!

That is so beautiful! I love the Burberry Stead in the leather ... it's beautiful! Wear it with pride and be calm and happy that the Wallet police won't fine you.
Thank you! It has bit wear on the corners but the rest in great condition. I was really surprised to find it there because I went quite late yesterday but I guess nobody just noticed as it was under tons other stuff. No Wallet police can stop me now :smile:

Love the vase!
Hmm, where would they find people who can detect all the fake bags?

Oops better pic

Here's my contribution from this weekend...

A silk scarf from tie rack.
View attachment 2222612

Then a no brand costume necklace
So pretty!

I found funny pair of flats today, these are by Lilly Pulitzer and retailed for $248. I like them but some part of me is thinking that maybe I am too young to wear these... I am 36. :thinking:What do you think? I have 7 days to return them.
9062981600_9ab87ef9fa_z.jpg

9062981652_f3fb538aa3_z.jpg

I fixed the Tory's...
"
I bought these, they were different and cost $1
"
I bought this vintage Bass lizard clutch for 90 cent...it had white paint on it, but I managed to clean it;
now I need to condition it...
"
and I bought this Waterman pen for $1. Does anyone know anything about it?
"

You did a great job with the Tory's & they're adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.