Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the St. John is it purple or blue?
Thank you and it is purple. It's funny when I go thrifting with my sister. We don't go often, but sometimes she is stuck with me while I'm driving. She is not into designers, so while I walked through picking up bags she was looking puzzled. I told her the names of the bags and she asked, "What's that?"....tooo funny. While I am explaining, I am totally excited. She looks at me as though I've lost my mind.

Last edited:
Those are lovely lovely bags! And the necklace! Exciting! I dig it!

I hate that feeling! Every sunday morning thrift session I try not to leave without one item that is amazing. That I would buy for the total bill if I happened to find it in a regular thrift store. But I know it is not always possible. Only cause I thrift often do I literally feel like I can find anything and everything I want eventually ...

Hate a thrift drought! You have my sympathies!

Here it's not at all like that ... usually and never ever like that at a professionally run estate sale. I try to go the last day of estate sales and the last day of garage sales. But of course it is luck of the draw. Some of the garage sales are laughable. Like crazy overpriced. I try to be very unemotional about it and just get back in my car.

But yeah there's house around me where I remember them by the prices at their sales!

Ha! Overpriced Ikea and Pottery Barn House down the street ...

No way!? That is insane. I don't blame you for being upset. Last time I went to Salvos the manager asked me why I was never there anymore. Um. Cause you put out stuff that belongs in a landfill and you have it overpriced. I get upset if I see shoes that need to be in the trash and they are 19.99. Ugg. I find a new place to thrift ...

Yelp.com is the ticket! I assign you to find a new spot Darling KrissieNO.5 you are far to pretty to suffer these foos!

I still think it is neat that your fiancé shops with you ...

Oh you had been needing new boots! Thank goodness I am glad cause you know I worry about you getting too cold up there in CanadaLand where the Snow keeps trying to kill you all. Next stop vintage 70's Fox Fur for you ... I am seeing it in my mind Sweet LadyAsh!

Yes fur would be awesome!!! We got a crazy ice storm last night. I went out to a Christmas party and basically skated my way to the streetcar at 1am. Then got on the streetcar and it lost power two stops later because of ice on the lines so we were forced to get off and wait for a shuttle bus that took forever to arrive! Umbrella was useless because of the wind so by the time I got home I was cold, wet, and so done with winter! Took me an hour to get home when it should have taken 10-15min tops from the party I was at. I would have walked but honestly after drinking a bit the sidewalks were just too bad for me to try and manage LOL! Hoping the weather is okay tomorrow since I have to be up at 5am and leave as early as possible to be at the bus station. My bus leaves at 7:30 and I'm hoping things are on time so I actually get home!

Just in case you are out Thrifting and see one of these...Grab it.
These are pretty!
I went to GW yesterday and found a red Escada for $7; a Saint John for $5 and this gorgeous bracelet for $3.
http://
http://
Very cute!
Raven - I am loving that Escada bag, what a find! And the turquoise and coral bracelet s simply gorgeous.

Here is my $9 Miu Miu bag and $8 brand new Makowski bag. Escada necklace $4.
Adorable Miu Miu!

My SA has been empty and overpriced. I think they got new manager who prices the items much higher, well used Makowsky bag for 24.99, really?

Status
Not open for further replies.