Scarves Scarf of The Day 2024 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Thank you so much for such a wonderful intro! Love that you’ve expanded the theme beyond the city limits of Paris and thus including so many more of our silks…
I adore that poem of Paul Eluard and first encountered it translated to Spanish and later heard this powerful adaptation brilliantly and interpretation by Argentinian singer Nacha Guevara who I feel most lucky to have seen in person…
I would like to share this beloved version with you for I feel it so brilliantly captures the spirit of the poem and I think you will appreciate it.
Can’t wait to see how this great theme will unfold this week

Thank you for sharing this moving song. Beautiful.

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi
Swanning about Paris (in my dreams) wearing La Cite Cavaliere
View attachment 5996659

Wow I love this Cite Cavalière in this colorway! I could never wear this - it’s stunning on you.

We start to fill the map of France! :flowers: 🇫🇷
View attachment 5996686

SOTD was a Paris scarf, too - Rendez-vous Rive Gauche, with so many colour pairing options. I love Rive Gauche, the bookshops, cafés and the Bohemian atmosphere.

View attachment 5996678

Not to forget the rest of France. A recent acquisition was the SE of Cavalier en Formes, for which Gianpaolo Pagni took inspiration from the Imagerie de Nancy. Nancy is a beautiful town in the East of France, not far from Epinal, a Unesco World Heritage site and famous for Place Stanislas and its Art Nouveau buildings, second only to Paris.

View attachment 5996681

This region, the East of France and very West of Germany, were disputed land for centuries, which always makes me melancholic when I come back here. No wonder that one of the founding fathers of Europe, Robert Schuman, came from this region, to safeguard peace. The perhaps most beautiful (and sad) French poem, Le dormeur du Val, is thought to be set there:

Le dormeur du val

C’est un trou de verdure où chante une rivière
Accrochant follement aux herbes des haillons
D’argent; où le soleil de la montagne fière,
Luit; C’est un petit val qui mousse de rayons.

Un soldat jeune bouche ouverte, tête nue,
Et la nuque baignant dans le frais cresson bleu,
Dort; il est étendu dans l’herbe, sous la nue,
Pale dans son lit vert où la lumière pleut.

Les pieds dans les glaïeuls, il dort. Souriant comme
Sourirait un enfant malade, il fait un somme:
Nature, berce-le chaudement: il a froid.

Les parfums ne font plus frissonner sa narine;
Il dort dans le soleil, la main sur sa poitrine
Tranquille. Il a deux trous rouges au coté droit.

The Sleeper in the Valley

It’s a green hole where a river sings
As it madly hangs onto the grass its rags
Of silver; where the sun, from the proud mountain,
Shines down: it’s a little valley bubbling with light.

A young soldier, open mouth, bare head,
And neck bathing in the sweet blue watercress,
Sleeps; he is stretched out among the grass, beneath the skies,
Pale in his green bed where the light rains down.

Feet in the gladiolas, he sleeps. Smiling like
An ill child would smile, he takes a nap:
Nature, cradle him in warmth: he is cold.

Fragrances don’t make his nostrils quiver:
He sleeps in the sun, one hand on his chest,
Motionless: he has two red holes in his right side.

Beautiful selections! I esp like the first one and the contrast hem.

Hi everyone! Sorry to be AWOL, but I’m in Paris and heard from a couple of our lovely scarf mistresses that it’s France week! Soooo, here are a few very recent SoS for you to I hope enjoy….

View attachment 5996739View attachment 5996740View attachment 5996741

Wow! It looks like you are having a great time. Love to see the scarves with these beautiful backdrops!

Oh my I see it’s France week! Exciting! I will def have to check out the recent pages.
I will take a photo today and post later. But for now I am sharing a new-in I wore last week. I have been on ban island for a good long time of almost 4 months! I have waited patiently to buy this zouaves bandana, that I loved so much on @LKBNOLA, until I found it below retail. Love it!
View attachment 5996819
And a sotd from 2-3 weeks ago. My ecosse. I received many outfit compliments the day I wore this. This is a quick car photo for the records haha. Getting compliments is always so reassuring :heart:
View attachment 5996822

Yay we’ve missed you! I love the new shawl, it’s the perfect bandana look.

Good morning, Scarflandia. My SOTD is the beautiful A l'Ombre de Boulevards, for which I must thank my twin @Croisette7 for the inspiration and enablement. Opening this shawl is like reading a picture book of street scenes!
View attachment 5997507
And sisters with @Agrume, who already showed Versailles on our map. I loved this design so much I added this pretty spring colored cw to my orange and pink one...
View attachment 5997508
Finally, one more TPF-influenced Paris scarf (archive photo). I saw this Lumieres de Paris on our stylish @momasaurus. I was thunderstruck by its beauty and immediately went on a search! Sisters with @Croisette7 who has a stunning pink cw... It is like wearing silk stained glass, I feel.
View attachment 5997509

What a lovely intricate design on that first one! It reminds me of a sketch we bought for my sister when I visited France in my teens. Love the Versailles scarves that are having a moment this week! Clearly I should get one.

Flawless look. Love!

Thank you!

In 2015 I hadn’t quite fallen down the H slippery slope, but I was about to… That Spring I visited Versailles and heard about a forthcoming Hermès scarf, Promenade à Versailles, that was being issued as a limited edition to benefit the restoration and refurbishment of the royal apartments of Le Château. I placed my order and intended to frame the scarf once it arrived… Well, I never framed it and three months later I placed my first h.com order ever. Later that year, the design was issued as Flanerie à Versailles in many gorgeous CWs as part of the Fall/Winter 2015 collection.

Here is Promenade à Versailles and a pic I took on that trip, plus the first CW of Flanerie à Versailles that I purchased
View attachment 5997697
View attachment 5997696
View attachment 5997703
View attachment 5997698

Grand Prix au Faubourg depicts an imaginary, fantastical race down Faubourg St Honorè filled with a bunch of anecdotal Parisian vignettes
View attachment 5997699
View attachment 5997700

I like to imagine that the peak surrounded by water that can be seen through the clearing in the unicorn’s crystal forest of La Vallée de Cristal is Mont St Michel
View attachment 5997702
View attachment 5997701

More amazing Versailles! Gorgeous on you, I esp love the colors of that first one on you.

Good afternoon and welcome to a new scarf week! Many thanks to @bunnycat for hosting Cinderella week (hope you are feeling better)!
This week it is all about France (and Paris, of course): 🇫🇷 City of Romance: Scarves celebrating France 🇫🇷

Many of you will have scarves about Paris, one of the most beautiful places I know. But let's not forget the scarves celebrating other French regions or places. France is so much more than Paris - the little villages with the most beautiful small churches, the mountains, the seasides of the Atlantic, the North Sea and the Mediterranean, the regional food, the pride of traditional manufacturing (not only scarves, handbags and saddles)... So please share your "French" scarves, and we will together fill the map!

View attachment 5995778

As today is Liberation Day here, SOTD had to be Liberté, Fraternité, Egalité. The little neighbourhood barbecue starting later tonight borrowed its tables from France, so to see... Dutch colours, but not exactly the Dutch flag (as seen from our balcony).

View attachment 5995779
View attachment 5995780

And for today also a part of the most famous French poem about Liberty, Liberté by Paul Eluard (full text and translation to be found here: https://www.frenchtoday.com/french-poetry-reading/french-poem-liberte-paul-eluard-audio/ ):

Liberté

Sur mes cahiers d’écolier
Sur mon pupitre et les arbres
Sur le sable sur la neige
J’écris ton nom

Sur toutes les pages lues
Sur toutes les pages blanches
Pierre sang papier ou cendre
J’écris ton nom

Sur les images dorées
Sur les armes des guerriers
Sur la couronne des rois
J’écris ton nom

Et par le pouvoir d’un mot
Je recommence ma vie
Je suis né pour te connaître
Pour te nommer

Liberté.

Freedom

On my school notebooks
On my desk and on the trees
On the sand and on the snow
I write your name

On all the pages read
On all the pages blank
Stone, blood, paper, or ash
I write your name

On the golden images
On the weapons of warriors
On the crown of kings
I write your name

And by the power of a word
I start my life anew
I was born to know you
To name you

Freedom.

Have a good week!

What a wonderful introduction and I love your knot!
Inspired by @Lellabelle’s knot, I’m wearing Légende Brodée. The scarf is inspired by the region of Brittany, its legends, its folklore and its traditional embroideries.
The scarf depicts young Merlin playing the flute among the leaves of watercress.

View attachment 5998040

You look wonderful! Green really suits you 😊

Today I went with Le Tour Eiffel s’envole, a tribute to that iconic structure.

View attachment 5997728
So chic again ... and that little birdie!
Wow to all these pictures, spectacular fountains and gorgeous scarf.
Thanak you, dear!
Les Bécanes with fashionable Parisians on bikes View attachment 5997997View attachment 5997998and Maison des carrés. The latter shows the steps in the making of an H scarf. I think it can depict various cities from the silk city Lyon to a boutique in Strasbourg where the final product is sold.
Both are lovely knotted, Maedi
Sure 😃
I’ll post both since I’m not sure which one you mean.
The ecosse is bright. These are my online pics in my digital scarf folder.
There are wardrobe pieces you own that would be so amazing with this cw of ecosse! You would look amazing in it.

View attachment 5998014View attachment 5998016
View attachment 5998017
Yes, I mean the Ecosse, which lookeed so pastel, but I see it is bright. Thank you, Nomad.

Reactions: Maedi and Nomad
I am very much behind again, but love the creativity of your posts 😍 a visit to your wonderful community always cheers me up!

Not in Paris unfortunately, but I do feel a bit French wearing La Selle Imaginaire with a marinière top 😊

View attachment 5998042
Thank you for the compliment. Happy to see you back! Great cw of La Selle Imaginaire on you. I feel you’re ready for the French seaside with that beautiful border and mariniere top.

Last edited:
Lovely silks, of course, but I am in awe of these knots… Beautiful!

Such a fabulous scarf on site… and the silver grapes cluster pin is perfection with it! Is this a Taxco piece?

Amazing scarf on site!

Fabulous!

Love this design and it is so great in this format

I always learn something!

Looking awesome!

What a charming, lovely pattern and love it in this citrusy CW

I adore this edition… largely because of that hem! I don’t think I recall this CW… It is fantastic!

Never fails… Sooo stunning!

In 2015 I hadn’t quite fallen down the H slippery slope, but I was about to… That Spring I visited Versailles and heard about a forthcoming Hermès scarf, Promenade à Versailles, that was being issued as a limited edition to benefit the restoration and refurbishment of the royal apartments of Le Château. I placed my order and intended to frame the scarf once it arrived… Well, I never framed it and three months later I placed my first h.com order ever. Later that year, the design was issued as Flanerie à Versailles in many gorgeous CWs as part of the Fall/Winter 2015 collection.

Here is Promenade à Versailles and a pic I took on that trip, plus the first CW of Flanerie à Versailles that I purchased
View attachment 5997697
View attachment 5997696
View attachment 5997703
View attachment 5997698

Grand Prix au Faubourg depicts an imaginary, fantastical race down Faubourg St Honorè filled with a bunch of anecdotal Parisian vignettes
View attachment 5997699
View attachment 5997700

I like to imagine that the peak surrounded by water that can be seen through the clearing in the unicorn’s crystal forest of La Vallée de Cristal is Mont St Michel
View attachment 5997702
View attachment 5997701
Thank you, Fifi, and twins on the Promenade à Versailles. Grand Prix another perfect choice for this week.

Today I went with Le Tour Eiffel s’envole, a tribute to that iconic structure.

View attachment 5997728
Stunning, Locquaciousloc!

Superb pairing!

Wonderful colorway with the yellow hem.
Thank you, Magjes!

So like what is the French equivalent of “ZOMG”?
Cuz that’s what I just said… it did involve some hand gestures and then I fell over. :faint:

Hi MAGJES!!! Thank you so much - I love a white hem with a super saturated color… like this fab Fuchsia!

Beautiful Croisette! I purchased this scarf for a freind - she is the ‘Grand Poobah” (official title escapes me right now) for the Bordeaux group here! What a beautiufl place - I must drag myself out of Burgundy and head to Bordeaux!

What a darling picture!
(Could I just travel in you suitcase? I swear I’ll be quiet!)

Stunning! The colors are beautiful!

So pretty - what a great color!

Oooooooooo. Oooo:huh:O! OOOOOO! This is wonderful!
(Y’all know I recently fell down the CSGM slope righ? So MUCH temptation!)

Wow!!

Hey cutie - this is so fun? Is it Pantin City?

Perfect with this yellow sweater!

I love how you’ve folded this - the symmetry is beautiful!

<quietly weeping> So beautiful, and ohmigosh … the yellow hem! :love:

Fifi!! :faint:
Your Flanerie à Versailles is glorious!
(I am on the search for another red scarf… could this be the *one*?)

What a beautiful look!

Running late today, but still in Paris… because Paris is the city of l’amour.
Les Amoureux de Paris
View attachment 5997877
Thank you, Cookie! The soft pink is adorable!

Wow- so many gorgeous French inspired scarves!

Two scarves in this post:
One on topic with La Sieste (and sister/twin with many of you!)
View attachment 5997995

And another off topic and first time posting (I think): Jungle Love Rainbow... is there a "cat week"? 😉
View attachment 5997996
Beautiful, FO - and Jungle Love is also on theme, more about it later.

Les Bécanes with fashionable Parisians on bikes View attachment 5997997View attachment 5997998and Maison des carrés. The latter shows the steps in the making of an H scarf. I think it can depict various cities from the silk city Lyon to a boutique in Strasbourg where the final product is sold.
Astute associations, Maedi, and beautiful outfits!

Wow I love this Cite Cavalière in this colorway! I could never wear this - it’s stunning on you.

Beautiful selections! I esp like the first one and the contrast hem.

Wow! It looks like you are having a great time. Love to see the scarves with these beautiful backdrops!

Yay we’ve missed you! I love the new shawl, it’s the perfect bandana look.

What a lovely intricate design on that first one! It reminds me of a sketch we bought for my sister when I visited France in my teens. Love the Versailles scarves that are having a moment this week! Clearly I should get one.

Thank you!

More amazing Versailles! Gorgeous on you, I esp love the colors of that first one on you.
Thank you, Jereni!

Inspired by @Lellabelle’s knot, I’m wearing Légende Brodée. The scarf is inspired by the region of Brittany, its legends, its folklore and its traditional embroideries.
The scarf depicts young Merlin playing the flute among the leaves of watercress.

View attachment 5998040
Waiting for this design to be shown! Love the vibrant green!

I am very much behind again, but love the creativity of your posts 😍 a visit to your wonderful community always cheers me up!

Not in Paris unfortunately, but I do feel a bit French wearing La Selle Imaginaire with a marinière top 😊

View attachment 5998042
All marinières count!

What a wonderful introduction and I love your knot!

You look wonderful! Green really suits you 😊
Thank you, Redheaddem!

So like what is the French equivalent of “ZOMG”?
Cuz that’s what I just said… it did involve some hand gestures and then I fell over. :faint:

Hi MAGJES!!! Thank you so much - I love a white hem with a super saturated color… like this fab Fuchsia!

Beautiful Croisette! I purchased this scarf for a freind - she is the ‘Grand Poobah” (official title escapes me right now) for the Bordeaux group here! What a beautiufl place - I must drag myself out of Burgundy and head to Bordeaux!

What a darling picture!
(Could I just travel in you suitcase? I swear I’ll be quiet!)

Stunning! The colors are beautiful!

So pretty - what a great color!

Oooooooooo. Oooo:huh:O! OOOOOO! This is wonderful!
(Y’all know I recently fell down the CSGM slope righ? So MUCH temptation!)

Wow!!

Hey cutie - this is so fun? Is it Pantin City?

Perfect with this yellow sweater!

I love how you’ve folded this - the symmetry is beautiful!

<quietly weeping> So beautiful, and ohmigosh … the yellow hem! :love:

Fifi!! :faint:
Your Flanerie à Versailles is glorious!
(I am on the search for another red scarf… could this be the *one*?)

What a beautiful look!
Thank you so much, Cookie ... I thought you visit the Vinexpo too?
Running late today, but still in Paris… because Paris is the city of l’amour.
Les Amoureux de Paris
View attachment 5997877
Just flattering ... and how looks it flat?:heart:

• Love
Reactions: Cookiefiend

View attachment 5998040
Very pretty!

View attachment 5998042
Perfect with stripes!

• Thanks
Reactions: redheaddem
Apologies in advance to all - my quotes are all over the place. I’ve been pressing the add quote button for days and haven’t had a chance to comment!

This is incredibly beautiful! An advert out of Le Monde d’Hermes.

It may be 73F/22C outside but I feel the need for some coziness. SOTD is Pique Fleuri de Provence CSGM
View attachment 5997558
I love the colours on this one. H doesn’t do purple enough.

The city of Mulhouse, which is located in the Alsace region of eastern France, is known for its museums which are related to the town's industrial past.

View attachment 5997226

The Musée National de l’Automobile, Collection Schlumpf is based on the Schlumpf classic automobile collection, and houses the largest collection of Bulgatti motor vehicles in the world. The Hermes scarf, Teuf-Teuf, was designed by Philippe Ledoux in 1971 as a Special Edition for the Schlumpf automobile museum. There are 11 colorways and a total of 1,475 scarves. Most of the scarves were later sold on-line around 2015.

View attachment 5997224View attachment 5997225

My scarf of the day is Teuf-Teuf.

View attachment 5997593
The colours are so fresh on this one and the name of the museum has me giggling. I’ll have to visit, one day!

Hi all. A slightly more contemporary scarf today:View attachment 5997641
I’ve grown fond of Pantin City and this is a great colour on you.

Very pretty!

These are both so great on you @Maedi.

Sure 😃
I’ll post both since I’m not sure which one you mean.
The ecosse is bright. These are my online pics in my digital scarf folder.
There are wardrobe pieces you own that would be so amazing with this cw of ecosse! You would look amazing in it.

View attachment 5998014View attachment 5998016

View attachment 5998017
LOVE ecosse and this is a great tie for showing it off.