Scarves Scarf of The Day 2024 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

SOTD is Aube Libre Comme L’Ange, which is inspired by the Japanese rock band The Alfee. As soon as I saw the graffiti design and neon colors (particularly the acid green), I knew I had to have it.

Apologies for the yellow, dim light. The room where I keep my collection has one window and faces west, so the light is terrible.
View attachment 5989120

Out on a Starbucks run, which shows the real neon colors.
View attachment 5989121
Fabulous colors.

Reactions: Sickgrl13
Last week, I was talking about analysis paralysis and not knowing what to get to start what I call my "Explorers' Club", scarves honoring travelers, voyagers, adventurers, and discoverers.

I am happy to report that I was not paralyzed for long :biggrin: and that the first to join my La Femme in the club is the Comte de la Pérouse, who led a scientific expedition around the world in 1785.

My NTM Per astra ad astra in a lovely soft cw
.View attachment 5989198

And for this week's theme, Sandra Laroche depicts the happy sailors of La Boussole and L'Astrolabe in their various ports of call. There is dancing, drinking, and no doubts, songs about rum and women, or maybe more melancholic tunes about home and family. Joyful but short-lived scenes as the expedition ended in tragedy, with the wreckage of both ships in the Solomon Islands and the disappearance of the entire crew.

View attachment 5989201View attachment 5989202
FA, what a lovely post and a worthy collection goal. I don’t know Comte de la Pérouse, La Boussole or L'Astrolabe and must check them all out. Le Voyage de Pytheas is another and that holiest of grails, Hommage a l’Explorateur Sir Ernest Shackleton. I love your beautiful Per astra ad astra. A sad ending for those that go down to the sea in ships.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: FA73
I’m only theme-adjacent today. When I think of English Gardens, I think of live music and drinks at dusk.

View attachment 5989199
A gorgeous cw of DuJA that suits you perfectly, Glowworm.
Here's Le Premier Chant... The first song.
It makes me wonder, what was humanity's first song? Perhaps it was a lullaby sung from a mother to her child or a love song meant to attract a mate, or perhaps it was a rallying fight song... songs light up so much of life. Lately, I've been enjoying Beyonce's Cowboy Carter quite a bit!

View attachment 5989206
I love this cw, EtsyBoss, so fresh and clean.

Thank you, dear Karenska, happy birthday and enjoy Philly! 🎂
Congratulations Wild Thing!!!
Ear worm for sure, but worth it for your lovely silky visuals! (Might be checking back in with you around three a.m. though :lol:)

And Have a Happy Birthday celebration in the City of Brotherly Love!
Well Happy Happy, @Karenska! It sounds like you are having a great time in Philadelphia to celebrate! I'm twins with you on the Pelages and now mine is happily and forever paired with the "Wild Thing" song. Perfect! :happydance:
Thank you, @Agrume, @HermesEchidna, @textilegirl and @CedarWaxWing, my twin, for your lovely birthday wishes and ‘Philly wishes’. :hugs: We are having a wonderful time in this beautiful city.

There’s a song from the 1960s by The Troggs, a kind of provocative, sexy little number with a hard driving beat and a funky flute interlude that pops into my head whenever I wear my Pelages et Camouflages.
View attachment 5989133
I really hope you all don’t curse me out for putting this lil earworm into your drums but I can’t resist.

“Wild thing
You make my heart sing
You make everything groovy
Wild thing”

Or, you can go with the flow, find your groove and dance around the moon. Awooooo!

“My dancing soul doth celebrate”

Today is the day attributed to Shakespeare’s birthday, his 460th. It is also my 68th. “With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.” I guess that’s the best course of action at this stage. :lol:

Dallet’s iconic Jungle Love, 70 stamped issue. “Wild Thing, I think I love you”.

View attachment 5989138

View attachment 5989137
Out to do some sightseeing. Have a wild (in a good way) day and I’ll be back soon! :hugs:
A very happy belated birthday dear @Karenska! ❤️🎉 Same year of birth here 😉 I enjoyed your Philly photos very much! And because the „Wild thing“ is playing in my brain constantly since you posted it 😂IMG_4567.jpeg

Happy birthday and enjoy your getaway. The impressionist paintings are beautiful.
Happy birthday @Karenska ! Hope you had a memorable and fabulous day!
I love the way you tied it! Darn auto correct 🤣! What’s this tie called and are you using the scarf ring? I bought the scarf app and can look for this one 🧐to learn. Thanks

Happy Birthday, Karenska🥂🍰🌷
Hope you have a fabulous day.
Twins on Pelages et C scarf 🙌! Haven’t worn it in a long time and you inspired me to take it out of the box and wear it soon!
The blue and yellow together are so pretty!

Enjoy Philly! It’s been 10 years since I visited. Fascinating city and I remember having the biggest ice cream I’ve ever had in my life! A very happy birthday to you!

Thank you, @Maedi, @Locquaciousloc, @Helena7, my twin, and @GloWW0rM, for your birthday love and travel good wishes!

• Love
Reactions: Helena7 and Maedi
A very happy belated birthday dear @Karenska! ❤️🎉 Same year of birth here 😉 I enjoyed your Philly photos very much! And because the „Wild thing“ is playing in my brain constantly since you posted it 😂View attachment 5989560
Thank you so much, @Katharina Luise, for your good wishes and I’m sorry about the earworm. It’s been in my head, too! ‘56 was a good year! You look so pretty in your taupe and GORGEOUS geometric scarf - please, what is the design - I am not recognizing it but it’s stunning.

Reactions: Katharina Luise
I want to thank everyone for your lovely and most appreciated birthday wishes. I responded to each of your wishes individually this morning and I hope I didn’t miss any as I am working from my phone. I will double check later ;) . My day was just lovely and very active as we walked all over the historical parts of the city, sightseeing away. And will do more today. Ended up at a French bistro on Rittenhouse Square, Parc, which was crowded, delicious and fun. A very special day, for sure.
IMG_1487.jpeg
Philly is full of wonderful murals and this one is right outside our bedroom window.
1713957814246.jpeg

Piggybacking on @FA73 ’s post about collecting explorer-themed scarves, Le Voyage de Pytheas always makes me think of sea chanties, especially one - Fiddler’s Green.

Now Fiddler's Green is a place I've heard tell
Where fishermen go if they don't go to hell
Where the sky is all clear and the dolphins do play
And the cold coast of Greenland is far, far away

Wrap me up in me oilskin and jumpers
No more on the docks I'll be seen
Just tell me old shipmates, I'm taking a trip mates
And I'll see you someday in Fiddler’s Green

Le Voyage de Pytheas.
IMG_1503.jpeg
Same cw - wearing it in Iceland with the wild blue sea in the background.
IMG_0057.jpeg
My other cw:
IMG_8373.jpeg
Adore :hbeat:. Have a wonderful day!

Last edited:
Thank you so much, @Katharina Luise, for your good wishes and I’m sorry about the earworm. It’s been in my head, too! ‘56 was a good year! You look so pretty in your taupe and GORGEOUS geometric scarf - please, what is the design - I am not recognizing it but it’s stunning.
Sisters with you dear @Karenska! It is Pélages et Camouflages but a bit more tightly wrapped around my neck 😉

FA, what a lovely post and a worthy collection goal. I don’t know Comte de la Pérouse, La Boussole or L'Astrolabe and must check them all out. Le Voyage de Pytheas is another and that holiest of grails, Hommage a l’Explorateur Sir Ernest Shackleton. I love your beautiful Per astra ad astra. A sad ending for those that go down to the sea in ships.
Pytheas is on my list and Shackleton in my dreams 😀

Good morning, Scarflandia! I have a bit of catching up to do...but first let me wish @Karenska a wonderful belated birthday! 🎂 I can't think of a better way to spend it. Enjoy your time away.

This morning I am posting two very much loved Jean-Louis Clerc designs that fit our theme exactly: Concerto and Soiree de Gala. I am so fond of his work and particularly wanted these two as my family are opera and music lovers. My talented niece and nephew both play in orchestras. It is fun to be able to wear something on point to their concerts!
Concerto 2.jpgSoiree de Gala.jpg
And my SOTD is also performing arts related. When I wear Acte III, I can't help but think of Felix Mendelsohn and the music he composed for the play. There's the ubiquitous Wedding March, of course, but not to leave you with that ringing in your ears, here's a clip of Emmanuel Pahud performing the flute solo!

Acte III, CSGM (showing a softer pastel side of cw13)
Acte III.jpg
And now to scroll back and catch up!