Question for mommies... age you/hubbie were...

Well I did the boo boo and got pregnant right outta high school. I was 17 he was 31. I continued my education and went all the way in college. We both have our own businesses.
We got married and we are still together till this day my daughter will be 14 this summer and our lil one turned 7 in Feb. How time goes by.

I was 34 and my husband was 37. I knew I was pregant almost the very moment I conceived. I told my husband -- he thought I was crazy ! I was absolutely terrified as I had not planned to have a child and felt I couldn't handle it. I seriously considered terminating the pregnancy. But something just flipped, like a switch, when I got the actual result of the test. I went forward and was ecstatic, healthy and committed, and had a strong healthy 8 lb 9 oz baby boy (my weight went from about 115 to 140!). My son will be 22 next month. He has been the greatest delight of my life.

I'm so relieved that for the many women decide to have a child later, it is very possible for them to concieve at a later age. As a new university graduate who's considering grad school, I get lots of mean comments from my "potential" in-laws about how I should be looking at children instead, because they think after I hit 27, I'm "well-done steak". Their daughter in law (BF's older brother) is 23, and already has 2 kids running around. lol...I'm 22, and NO WHERE near ready to deal with children. I've told BF that I'm not even looking to marry until I'm well into my 30's. Maybe I'm weird.... :shocked:

I was 33, he was 36. Being a mum after 30 was a good thing for me, I had the time to work & travel before having kids and have never felt that my children did stop me from doing what I wanted. When they arrived, slowing down & spending time with my family felt just right.

SwankyMamaof3 said:
I met my DH when I was 20 and he was 27. . . we were both on even playing fields mature-wise! LOL!
I was 24 when we married, he was 31. We had my DD when I was 26, he was 33.

OKay . . . some of you may not want to hear this.
But it's my DH's STRONG opinion and it seems to be gaining a lot of popularity w/ professionals as well. . . men should not marry before 30 yrs old.
DH SWEARS he nor any guys he knows wasn't truly ready before then. Apparently, most men have a mini-life crisis right arund then {it's textbook}
Obviously, this wouldn't apply to EVERY man, but I hear it more and more on talk shows, talk radio etc . . . and my DH has been saying this ever since I broke things off w/ him 8.5 yrs ago {we were engaged 2 months after that kick in the pants!} LOL!

What your DH says is a big topic right now in psychology and research. I see what he means and agree with him. With how our society is today, it seems that people get married later and have different goals and lifestyles.

I don't have any kids yet, but my mom was 29 with my sister and 39 with her last child, my little brother. :smile:

I was 26 and my hubby was 31 :smile:, We had our 2nd daughter when I was 29, so it was lovely to have my family before I was 30. I would not like to have any more now though, they are fab ages and I adore them :smile:

I was 31 when I had my first daughter, Jillian, and had been hearing from everyone for years "when are you going to have a baby?" (talk about nerve) I had my second daughter, Jordan, in December and I'd just turned 35:cry: (where does the time go). I also have 2 older sons (from hubby's first marriage, but I raised them since they were little) so if you count them I began parenting at 25. Wheww-was that too much info:shame:?

Lyn2005 said:
I'm so relieved that for the many women decide to have a child later, it is very possible for them to concieve at a later age. As a new university graduate who's considering grad school, I get lots of mean comments from my "potential" in-laws about how I should be looking at children instead, because they think after I hit 27, I'm "well-done steak". Their daughter in law (BF's older brother) is 23, and already has 2 kids running around. lol...I'm 22, and NO WHERE near ready to deal with children. I've told BF that I'm not even looking to marry until I'm well into my 30's. Maybe I'm weird.... :shocked:

That's very rude of your "potential" in-laws to say that you will be a 'well-done steak' after 27! OMG, I can't stand people like that. It is YOUR life, not theirs. Just because it worked for them 40 years ago, or some other young lady in their early 20s doesn't mean you will have to do what they did! I hope they are not like that about the other aspects of your life.

You are not weird in thinking that you won't get married until you are in your 30s. Things are different now, our society has evolved and changed (Thank God, otherwise we'd still live in the cave!) so why can't women's lifestyle be different from the 'traditions'???

It all depends on who you are, what you want in your life and what happens to you. You are so young and you know what you want so go for it.

Lyn2005 said:
I'm so relieved that for the many women decide to have a child later, it is very possible for them to concieve at a later age. As a new university graduate who's considering grad school, I get lots of mean comments from my "potential" in-laws about how I should be looking at children instead, because they think after I hit 27, I'm "well-done steak". :shocked:

Lyn2005: as a followup to my post I should share the rest of the story lest I leave you with the impression that I am evidence that one can conceive in her thirties. After my son was born (I was 34), I had two miscarriages. I was really shocked because the first pregnancy was perfect. I stopped trying after that. I was only about 39 when I started going into perimenopause, and realized, belatedly that I probably conceived my son at the last possible moment.

There was no family history to make me suspect that I might go through early menopause. Doctors have no idea why. It can happen as a result of many factors -- or none at all. No way to predict.

I was 25 years old when our eldest son was born, and my hubby was close to 30 years old.In hindsight, I was far too young! We went on to have our second son when I was 27 years old, and when our little princess came along, I was 1 month away from 30 years old.Has anyone been reading about the mum who is pregnant at age 62 years?

Well I was 23 and my husband was 26 when I got pregnant with our son. I was 26 and he was 29 when we got pregnant with out daughter. I would like to be finished having kids by the time I am 30, But I only plan to have one more. Maybe in 2 years.