Question for mommies... age you/hubbie were...

pursemama said:
I had just turned 40 and my husband just turned 35. We had been married for 14 years and weren't planning on having children. Then, one day I saw my husband playing with his nephews (he loves children, btw) and the glow from his face was soo touching that I thought who am I to deny this loving man a child? So, at age 39 we decide to just try and have a child, and within 1 month I was pregnant! :amazed: I could not believe it, I must've tried at least 6-8 boxes of the (2 in a box) over the counter pregnancy tests because I was in denial and in shock! I finally had it confirmed by my doctor and when I got home from his office, I had call him and ask him again are you sure!...he just laughed. I had the easiest pregnancy and the healthiest baby I could ever had dreamed of, I had no complications what so ever....being the age I was AND being overweight, I was very lucky! I did end up having a C Section at the very last minute though, because the baby was just too big for me to have naturally....he weighed almost 11lbs! I'm overweight but only 5'2". My little boy is 4 now, everyday I thank god for giving me this healthy, sweet little boy who I love more than words can express. Sorry :shame: , for giving you such a long story, the question just got me thinking about it all!

Awww, what a sweet story!

My husband and I met in college; I was 20, he was 21. We dated on and off for a few years, then became a bit more serious after graduation. We were married in 1995 but waited to have children (we enjoyed to travel and were moving around quite a bit for my husband's career). The week after our 5th wedding anniversery, we threw caution to the wind ONCE and sure enough 14 days later, I found out I was pregnant. It was a wonderful thing but bad timing, as we were in the middle of relocating to Milwaukee from Philadelphia.

Okay, long story short: Me; 29 w/Abigail and 30 w/Alex. Hubby was 30 and 31 (my "babies" are 14 1/2 months apart).

Waiting to have kids was great for our marriage. We had a lot of fun those first 5 1/2 years of marriage and were so ready to start a family.

My hubby and I were both 22 when we got married, but we had known each other since the 8th grade, hehe. :biggrin: We had our son at age 25, a bit earlier than planned but there were some unforseen circumstances and quite a bumpy road ahead. Nearly 7 years later we're still going strong! :love:

My daughter was born when I was 30 -- and my hubby was 45! First and only child for both of us. :love:

After she was born, my hubby decided to 'retire' from his job to stay home with her, so he is "Mr. Mom" -- they are very, very close. She's 14 now and has him wrapped around her finger -- always has, really.

I was 37 and my husband 43 when our son was born.:heart: I kind of gave up thinking we would ever have a baby, we were married 17 years. Then 3 year later at the age of 40 our sweet daughter was born. Now my son is 10 and daughter 7, wow it seems like yesterday they were babies. First pregnancy was a breeze, 2nd one the pregnancy from hell but we relocated , renovated a house and sold the house when I was 3 months pregnant and had to find a new house and move in a 6 week time frame and had a builder that promised everything would be on time and it was one delay after another.
I love my children more than words can say.:love: Quite a few of my firends have had kids in their late 30's and early 40's.