Original e-ring size?

Original is 1 carat & that is what I still have.....it looks something like this with engraving & milgraining. The diamond halo helps to give it more presence.
It was my guy who actually brought up the idea of upgrading. Instead of size, he is more interested in improving the quality (ie: clarity & color).

Note --- This is NOT my ring...but it looks a lot like it!:tup:

Attachments

• ring9.jpg
    ring9.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 104
Original is 1 carat & that is what I still have.....it looks something like this with engraving & milgraining. The diamond halo helps to give it more presence.
It was my guy who actually brought up the idea of upgrading. Instead of size, he is more interested in improving the quality (ie: clarity & color).

Note --- This is NOT my ring...but it looks a lot like it!:tup:

I like that sample ring you posted. It looks like a champagne diamond. I like how the wedding band sits under the ring rather it next to it.

Upgrading seems to be the norm in the US but we rarely do it over here. My original ring is .5 and I wear it on my RH. I would never sell it or trade it in, it has too much sentimental value.
I wear a 5-stone eternity ring as a wedding ring & also a rose gold band, then a cluster ring that's just under 1ct that I bought when my father & grandmother died - to mark them.
In a perfect world I'd love a heart shaped diamond - but as well as, not instead of any of my rings!

Attachments

• ring 2.JPG
    ring 2.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 95
  • ring 3.JPG
    ring 3.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 95
My E-ring i got last year has a total of 2.65ctw with a 1.98 center
077.JPG

I have a 1 carat and i cant imagine trading up. I will always keep my original stone. I can always wear bigger stones on other fingers or turn the original e-ring stone into a pendant or something so I can always have it with me! :biggrin:

Biggest jump ive seen on here =P pictures?

Sarajane- I LOVE you cluster!! i love that fact you marked an upgrade with a dear dear memory. Maybe you can get a heart shape pendant for an anniversary n=)

Thanks! It's our 20th anniversary in a couple of years so I'm working on DH for a heart shaped diamond ring. He's pointed out I have an e/r & eternity ring - told him this one would be a 'putting up with him' ring! :graucho:

I have a 1 carat and i cant imagine trading up. I will always keep my original stone. I can always wear bigger stones on other fingers or turn the original e-ring stone into a pendant or something so I can always have it with me! :biggrin:

If an upgrade ever happens i will turn it into a pendant. who knows.. i am still young with no ering hehe =)

I completely agree! My e-ring is 1 carat (just got engaged last summer) and I would never trade it in...it has too much sentimental value. I'm not even sure that I would upgrade...I think I'd rather get a nice anniversary ring for my right hand.

My original was a 1.5 emerald cut in a white gold setting.
Later changed the setting to platinum and put an african garnet in original setting
Later upgraded to a 3 stone (princess cut) with 3carat center
Later upgraded to a 5 carat center

I AM DONE

I started out with a .75 carat heart surrounded with ruby baguettes in yellow gold. Now I have the 2 carat heart in the princess cut surrounding setting....posted on another thread. It's in 18k white gold.

The ring my DH proposed with was 1.25 carats. After a few months and before the wedding we added two 63 point diamonds to turn it into a 3 stone ring (I really wanted a larger center stone but my mil chose my diamond so I thought this was a good option). My wedding band is 3.2 carats making my entire set about 5.7 carats total. When it comes time to upgrade, I would love to take all these little stones and turn it into one hefty rock like FleurDeLis!