Original e-ring size?

My original engagement ring diamond from my first husband was .2 carat. I had that made in to a ring after the divorce, then lost the ring. That's the only piece of jewelry I've ever misplaced. Karma? My second (and present) marriage - the first diamond was about a carat, then to 1.5 carats, now a little over 2.5 carats. That's as high as I want to go - anything larger looks out-of-proportion and kind of gaudy on my hand.

Having posted this just a few weeks ago, the stone shrunk as someone had mentioned, and so I pumped it up to a 3.20 carat. Hopefully this one won't shrink like the last one did! :rolleyes:

Mine is 1.2 ct round brilliant center stone, with .25 ct side round brilliants. I love my ring and my diamonds - I do not intend to ever "upgrade"! I have small fingers, and it is plenty large for me. Plus, DH picked the diamonds and the setting on his own, so it has sentimental value for me, too.

My mom's is ~.75 ct. My dad offered to upgrade it many, many times, but she refused. Her diamond is flawless, and the size is perfect for her.

I started with a 1.4 trillion and chipped it badly so moved to a 2ct princess, which was just a ho-hum stone, so I traded it in on a MUCH nicer stone that is 1.6 (or 1.8? I cant recall now) that is in a halo.

March will be 4 yrs :smile: We met as poor law students. I FULLY intend on trading up and trading this ring in :smile: While I love it, I want a 3ish one day. :smile:

I didn't get married that long ago 2005 but mine is the original setting and will not be upgraded and thats the way we wanted it so thats why I chose a stone and setting with great care and research and love so I wouldnt want another one. He wanted to make sure I liked it from the start. So we chose it together. Mine is hearts and arrows 1ct round brilliant and a little over mounted w/ a Michael B crown lace setting in platinum that has 47 diamonds (pave) in the e-ring and 47 in the wedding band. We are both happy w/ it and I did a lot of research on pricescope and then we both flew to Long Island to meet with Jonathan at GoodOldGold to choose the stone and then it was shipped off to the Michael B store in Studio City where my setting was made.

My org. e-ring is 1.17 ct round cut, instead of trading it in - we've kept it in the safe. I only have one son that is 3 and we decided to give it to him when he's ready to be engaged.

I got a 2.01 ct princess cut for our 5th anniversary last December to replace it - hopefully I'll be able to upgrade this one soon. ^_^