Scarves Ode to the Hermes Cashmere GM Shawls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, when I started collecting H scarves, my rule was "no dogs, no horses, no Indians". Then I discovered Kermit Oliver...so much for rules!! I am not a neutral person so it is hard for me to say which way you should go - I always go for the blast of color, but I mostly wear black, so color is always nice. Of course, what initially comes to mind is a Tohu Bohu GM - there have been two issues that I know of, one within the last 2-4 years. That said, the colors I like best are the ones from the first issue and those are extremely hard to find.

What about the Carre Cube that Pierina just posted? I like the pattern on that one and it doesn't have anything too huge on it! If you check out the F/W 2013 thread you should be able to see some interesting designs and colorways so you can see if anything really catches your eye.

Good luck - though I must admit that the GMs are addictive!! (But totally worth it!)

And Happy Belated Birthday!!
Thank you Luvbolide! I actually dangled my toes in the water and ordered one off eBay, one that is not too precious and with some wear so that I can see if I like it without so much of an investment.

Is it Tosca Tango who uses the term sacrificial scarf - one that you don't have to worry about? The day I ordered it, my earring had pulled a thread in a non-H scarf c/s I have and I thought it's good I didn't pay a lot for it.

And yes, I am part-time in SF, where scarves are always a must, and the rest of the time in the mountains and high desert, with the extremes of seasons, so I can justify all seasons of scarves! Thanks for your thoughts - I too wear mostly black and depend on scarves for a burst of color. Can't wait for it to arrive, perfectly timed with cooler weather!

I love the Cooke patterns - because of all the detail and the shadowing that he does, his scarves often have the most screens used during the printing process. All that really shows up nicely in this cw and in the GM format.

Thank you Luvbolide... I never saw this design before and wasn't familiar with Cooke. Thank you for sharing you knowledge on his designs, I find it all fascinating.

Hello ladies! This arrived before I went on vacation, I didn't have time to post until I got back. Not really a Fall shawl but she might be ok for summer nights that cool off...

Fleurs et Plumes, I think from 2006. I'm not sure of the cw, it's a kind of robin egg/aqua/light turquoise color, a bit brighter than the pics show.
It's not my usual style but my late Mother was a horticulturalist and loved many of the flower species on this shawl, it reminds me of her so much, it's something she would've worn.
This is so pretty BritAbroad and I find it touching that you chose to remember your mom this way. I think that's partially why Hermes scarf designs appeal to me, the details can be very personal for the wearer.

My SA sent me these pics yesterday but unfortunately I missed out on the 2 I was interested in. Does anyone have or seen the CDC in yellow/blue or the M/M in the yellow/blue?? If so, what are the official cw# & do you have a pic of yours??ImageUploadedByPurseForum1379088774.423089.jpg

I returned cw08 because it didn't work for me, so I don't have modeling pics. I do have these:

View attachment 2331550

View attachment 2331551

View attachment 2331552

Thanks Kat:smile: I'm really not sure about this pattern. What about this shawl didn't work for you the colors or the pattern? or both? I'm not necessarily a "neutrals" person. I like to say I don't discriminate on color...love them all:smile: However, I was thinking that with the large polka dots being such a strong pattern, the neutrals would "soften" the shawl a little. Thanks for your input!!

My SA sent me these pics yesterday but unfortunately I missed out on the 2 I was interested in. Does anyone have or seen the CDC in yellow/blue or the M/M in the yellow/blue?? If so, what are the official cw# & do you have a pic of yours??View attachment 2331629

Hi Bijoux, are you looking for

collier de chien cw 4
blue nuit/jaune vif/vert

If so I have this shawl. I posted pics of it in this thread. Here is the link to the page and it is post #8226.

Hope this is what you were looking for and is helpful!

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-c...shmere-gm-shawls-480825-549.html#post25064065

My SA sent me these pics yesterday but unfortunately I missed out on the 2 I was interested in. Does anyone have or seen the CDC in yellow/blue or the M/M in the yellow/blue?? If so, what are the official cw# & do you have a pic of yours??View attachment 2331629

there is modelling pix of both shawls somewhere in this thread
the # for M&M2 is 242777S11 Monsieur et Madame II jaune d'or/ardoise/indigo

Status
Not open for further replies.