Scarves Ode to the Hermes Cashmere GM Shawls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you sparklelisab, hopiko, Israeli_Flava, VigeeLeBrun, Monceau, lovely64. This was one of my first purchases especially for my 'Spring' colouring and I couldnt be more thrilled. And I was so grateful for some extra warmth - I have been thinking about spring weather a lot but actually it is still freezing.

Pics for the record - not my shawl - it's DD's upcoming birthday present. I also posted it ont he Fall 2013 Scarf thread for the record.

She tried it in Europe a month ago and loved the 'perfect rich colors for Fall'. If there are already pics of it here, my apologies.

Carre Cube cashmere GM #08: bordeaux/petrole/fuchsia with black and dark griolet/ grey amethyst.

Not so great on me though the pink is surprisingly flattering. Nor would I wear it with white but that's what I had on. :smile: Her skin tone is paler and cooler, and her hair a little darker so I can see why she loved it. She'll probably wear it with black, dark colors and jeans. Luckily she doesn't read tpf. :biggrin:

Attachments

• cc1.jpg
    cc1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 955
  • cc2.jpg
    cc2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 958
  • cc3.jpg
    cc3.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 933
Well, I am biased because I find myself turning to my GMs more than my silk twills lately. You could keep it in a plastic bag and/or the box. And besides, moths will eat silk, too so I say go for it. (I suspect that you live rather near me based on your TPF name - if so, there are so many occasions to wear them around here - give one a try!!) When is your bday? Do you have an idea of which one will be your first?!?

Thank you for your reply! Actually today is my birthday - which is why I am finally taking the time to get away from my work and catch up on my hobby!

I am really giving this a lot of thought because it will be a big purchase. I am vascillating between a neutral that I can grab every day as I rush out of the house to go to work, wear with jeans, etc., or a stunningly bright burst of color that will make me super happy and brighten up my neutral wardrobe. I am blonde and feel I look best in aubergine, pink, black and brown. I know I look awful in yellow and orange, and I never enjoy wearing blues except teal, or greens except lime. I usually have more fun wearing modern patterns than more traditional ones. For example, I love my 90 Galop Chromatique. I love my 90 Tohu Bohu. Everyone I work with is in their 20's so I am influenced by their fun young style. I prefer to lean towards that rather than preppy. The GMs are so big, and I don't really want to have a huge object, like a leaf or horse-eye, on me. Prefer no images of animals or sports equipment, no logos, no consumer goods. Any suggestions? :smile:

Pics for the record - not my shawl - it's DD's upcoming birthday present. I also posted it ont he Fall 2013 Scarf thread for the record.

She tried it in Europe a month ago and loved the 'perfect rich colors for Fall'. If there are already pics of it here, my apologies.

Carre Cube cashmere GM #08: bordeaux/petrole/fuchsia with black and dark griolet/ grey amethyst.

Not so great on me though the pink is surprisingly flattering. Nor would I wear it with white but that's what I had on. :smile: Her skin tone is paler and cooler, and her hair a little darker so I can see why she loved it. She'll probably wear it with black, dark colors and jeans. Luckily she doesn't read tpf. :biggrin:

pierina, you always look great and I love the CC GM for your DD. Sounds like it is perfect for her! She will be thrilled, I am sure. Great gift.

Hello ladies! This arrived before I went on vacation, I didn't have time to post until I got back. Not really a Fall shawl but she might be ok for summer nights that cool off...

Fleurs et Plumes, I think from 2006. I'm not sure of the cw, it's a kind of robin egg/aqua/light turquoise color, a bit brighter than the pics show.
It's not my usual style but my late Mother was a horticulturalist and loved many of the flower species on this shawl, it reminds me of her so much, it's something she would've worn.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 800
Thank you sparklelisab, hopiko, Israeli_Flava, VigeeLeBrun, Monceau, lovely64. This was one of my first purchases especially for my 'Spring' colouring and I couldnt be more thrilled. And I was so grateful for some extra warmth - I have been thinking about spring weather a lot but actually it is still freezing.
...And Anfang and chincac, thank you for the love coming this way. Your posts on the art of Hermes are all most instructive. My apologies I have not learned the art of quoting. Yes, I looove Thalassa. She is the first real shawl - that I have kept and worn and loved. I am just getting used to the 'new me' who wears colour! and now knows why I have been inextricably drawn to orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.