Myhabit.com & ruelala.com

Do you think we can count on all the bags MyHabit sells to be authentic?

The ad for MyHabit's sale on Balenciaga tomorrow has been on top of all the PurseForum pages, and it's really tempting, but I'm not sure if I'd trust them enough to buy from them...

Plus I don't know how long the sale lasts, so maybe there won't be enough time to get bags from there authenticated first here? Ack!

The ad for MyHabit's sale on Balenciaga tomorrow has been on top of all the PurseForum pages, and it's really tempting, but I'm not sure if I'd trust them enough to buy from them...

Plus I don't know how long the sale lasts, so maybe there won't be enough time to get bags from there authenticated first here? Ack!

I purchased at myhabit before and had it authenticated here, they also have a 14day return policy

I just purchased a City from MyHabit. It will be my first Bal. Hopefully everything will be okay.

Got it today from MyHabit! A Cassis City (I believe it is GSH). :P
Sorry for the yellowish dim lighting in my bedroom. My first purchase from MyHabit. Hope it is not a fake.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/catash/14211187586/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/catash/14047742217/in/set-72157644771136194/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/catash/14254509093/in/set-72157644771136194/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/catash/14047742177/in/set-72157644771136194/

I just purchased a City from MyHabit. It will be my first Bal. Hopefully everything will be okay.

Attachments

• photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    161 KB · Views: 873
  • photo(3).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    103 KB · Views: 861
  • photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 868
I just purchased a Balenciaga city giant with gold hardware from Myhabit.com. It looked questionable upon arrive. I asked the authenticating thread and its indeed fake. Now Myhabit is refusing to refund unless I am a written proof from manufacturer saying it's fake. How can I get that? First time dealing with this. Please help!!! :sad:

Try a professional authentication service. I know Authenticate4u has been rec'd before. It's a shame when these sites sell a fake they make you jump through hoops to get your $$ back. Good luck!

Also check around Pf to see how others have dealt with this- you're not the first one who has gotten a fake from one of these sample sites. (I'm on my phone so I can't check but I know there are threads somewhere- this was a big thing w/ rue la la a few years ago).

I just purchased a Balenciaga city giant with gold hardware from Myhabit.com. It looked questionable upon arrive. I asked the authenticating thread and its indeed fake. Now Myhabit is refusing to refund unless I am a written proof from manufacturer saying it's fake. How can I get that? First time dealing with this. Please help!!! :sad:

I just got the Balenciaga city Giant with gold hardware that I purchased from MyHabit. The leather is way too shinny and distressed (too many cracks) so I searched and found your post on the Authenticate This page and GUESS WHAT? I got the exact same bag you got with the same serial number!! I CANNOT BELIEVE that MyHabit tries to sell the same fake bag twice! May I ask how you got your refund? Did you have to submit any written proof? Thank you so much!

I just got the Balenciaga city Giant with gold hardware that I purchased from MyHabit. The leather is way too shinny and distressed (too many cracks) so I searched and found your post on the Authenticate This page and GUESS WHAT? I got the exact same bag you got with the same serial number!! I CANNOT BELIEVE that MyHabit tries to sell the same fake bag twice! May I ask how you got your refund? Did you have to submit any written proof? Thank you so much!

Omg! I am sorry to hear that. :sad:
I had to call multiple times and insisted on getting a refund. It took a while, and I had to explain my situation to several reps. They finally agreed to refund me without having to submit any authenticating document. Good luck.

Wow...what's scary is that they are obviously counting on the fact that, eventually, they will resell any returned bags of "questionable" authenticity to someone who will not bother to verify they're getting the real article. This is either very shady business practices or an ignorance to the fact that fake bags exist and need to be checked over by a trained eye.

Omg! I am sorry to hear that. :sad:
I had to call multiple times and insisted on getting a refund. It took a while, and I had to explain my situation to several reps. They finally agreed to refund me without having to submit any authenticating document. Good luck.
I called twice and after spending an hour on the phone I was finally able to get a supervisor to approve this return! It's a completely waste of my time.. now I learnt my lesson and will buy from a retail store from now on! Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it!

Wow...what's scary is that they are obviously counting on the fact that, eventually, they will resell any returned bags of "questionable" authenticity to someone who will not bother to verify they're getting the real article. This is either very shady business practices or an ignorance to the fact that fake bags exist and need to be checked over by a trained eye.
MyHabit representative said that their stuff had all been authenticated before shipping out (they should really find someone better to do this) and they stand by their promise that everything is authentic. However, some bag does not come with a certificate and some do.
I'm almost certain that as soon as I return this bag, they'll put it on the web site again. That being said, I'll never buy any designer stuff on there ever again.