My Pet Passed Away

Oh no I am so very sorry. My heart goes out to you. Last year I had to put my cat Snappy (13 yrs old and my very best friend) to sleep. Just a month ago we had to put our dog Sandy to sleep, and it's been an awfully hard year to say the least. They were truly my best friends - not a day goes by that I don't think of them :sad: What gets me through it is I truly believe I will see them one day ---> this comforts me so, it's very emotional but maybe it will help give you some peace....Again I am so very sorry for your loss. In time it will get easier, I promise.

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

My thoughts are with you - i know how hard it is, we get so attached to our pets, they become like one of the family...Hugs for you - i promise it will get easier xxx

We recently had to put our cat to sleep at 17 years of age...she responded badly to treatment for hyperthyroidism and we had no choice but to end her life....so sad. We didn't stop crying for days wondering if we had done the right thing - but it does get less painful with time. :sad:

We had her cremated and scattered her ashes with her old best friend and my OH's nan (memorial tree) at a nice scenic spot overlooking the sea.
The day after our cat died....a bird came in to the house (no open windows) and i set it free....wonder if it was a sign?

I'm so sorry for your loss :sad: . I lost my dog when he was just 5 years old. He was healthy and no one could figure out why he died. Had a two-phase autopsy and everything. I came home from work and he was already dead. For a whole month, I would be doing something and then I'd remember something about my dog and I'd start crying, which was shocking to everyone around me 'cuz I'm known for not crying about anything. We get so attached to them, don't we? I know everyone says this but it does get better with time. You just gotta look at alot of pictures and remember the good times. You must've been a great Mommy to your Yorkie. I'm sure you provided a very nice home for your little guy and I'm sure he appreciated it. Take care.

Please accept my deepest condolences. My beloved English Bulldog Bruno passed away from lung cancer 2 years ago (seems like yesterday) at the age of 8. I have never experienced such grief...especially since he did suffer and couldn't be home with us when he passed...he was in intensive care. What has helped with our loss is making a photo album dedicated to our dog. It is filled with happy memories and we keep it out on the coffee table.

Baglady-

I am so sorry to know that you lost your beautiful little boy. I lost my sweet little Pom 10 years ago. She was my child before I actually had a child. I was overwhelmed with grief. Since, we've lost hamsters and even a tiny little mouse. I loved them all like they were little children.

I am sure he loved you as much as you loved him. Keep the memories of him alive in your heart and he will be with you forever.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Our beloved dog passed away almost a year ago. While she's never far from my thoughts, she's been almost constantly on my mind lately with the anniversary of her death coming up next month. The one thing that comforts me the most is imagining Sassy in doggy heaven somewhere in a young, strong body running around and having fun with no pain anymore.

Take care of yourself during this time and know that you gave your little fur baby lots of love, and a good home.

I'm sorry to hear about the lose of your beloved pet.May the love you shared for each other bring you comfort during this sad time.
I've been where you are today more times than I care to recall and this little poem always helped me feel more accepting of my lose.

Let Me Go

When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me,
I want no rites in a gloom-filled room.
Why cry for a soul set free?

Miss me a little – but not too long
And not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love that we once shared.
Miss me – but let me go.

For this is a journey that we all must take
And each must go alone.
It’s all part of the Master plan.
A step to the road home.

When you are lonely and sick of heart,
Go to the friends we know
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds.
Miss me – but let me go.

Awwww, so sorry to hear about your baby. I know how you feel becaue I've lost three dogs myself. Time does heal, but let yourself feel everything you need to feel, cry as much as you need to, and do something nice like a special framed picture or an album when you are ready. God bless you and your family and your little puppy angel.