My experience with a Macy's salesperson when buying a new bag.

There are far to many deadbeats where I work and no-one will do a damn thing about it.

That's because there is near full employment, at the moment.

When the recession bites and lay-offs have to be made, it will, inevitably, sort the wheat from the chaff, a bit.

Not saying recession, or lay-offs, are good thing, for one minute and often, some of the wheat is lost wih the chaff; but it may make people value their jobs a little more and do what it takes to try to keep them. :yes:

I'm really shocked by some of these suggestions! Call Dooney? Are you guy serious? The cashier was out of line-- no one can argue that-- but having her fired for making one comment? Who knows why she said what she said, but it really wasn't mean or malicious. She got her foot stuck in her mouth, she said something she shouldn't have said. But we're all guilty of that from time to time. Yes, she deserves a warning, but getting Dooney involved and having her blacklisted from Macy's?! That's just mean and spiteful IMO. Cashiers are human too-- sometimes they speak without thinking-- just like everyone else :shrugs:

That really steams me. You should totally talk to a manager at macys about it. In fact taking it back wouldn't be a bad idea as long as you could get it for a reasonable deal elsewhere. It would definitely make a point.

On a happier note, why don't you show us some pics so we can all ooh and aww!

I'm going to go against the grain and say not to report her.

Granted, she was out of line but let's just assume she really was blown away and basically jealous of the fact that you were able to spend that amount and be happy about it!

She works at MACYS which I would assume is not the highest paying job ever (but still respectable) and maybe couldn't fathom ever spending that amount of money on ANYTHING besides her rent.

We all say stupid things ever once in awhile. Maybe this was her slip up?

But contrary to what I said, I'm sorry you left the store feeling any less than ecstatic. You shouldn't feel that way but you shouldn't let other people get you down. You got a great bag that you should enjoy!

I agree, remember the average macy's SA makes only 7.00 an hours, for her a 500 dollar bag is total outragous. Think she was just thinking out loud and did not mean to rain on your parade.
Most of the SA live paycheck to paycheck

Opinions are fine except when it's rude. Especially about the "husband" part, how insulting? Are we in the 50's?

I would have stopped and bought the bag somewhere else. Probably at their website (do they have an online shop?) since I've had a worse experience at Dillard's.

don't let anyone rain on your parade, you worked hard for it, you should see the looks I get at work for some of the handbags I carry....I get the... "omg, I can't believe u spent all that money" Not like I have alot of expensive bags but I'm sick and tired of people making me feel guilty because I splurge a little.PLEASE ENJOY YOUR BAG HOGANCOLLECTOR!! (smile) U GO GIRL!!!!

at the macy's in my mall, it seems like all the SA's look down on me because i'm young & i look even younger. once, i came to look at something at the coach counter and none of them said a thing to me (there were 2 or 3 and no customers). later that day, i came back with my parents and they were more than willing to help. it makes me a little bitter towards macy's :sad:

That Sa is in the wrong buisness. She needs to be in the dumb and dumber club. I had a similiar experience at Neimans when buying a Juicy Bag! Who cares what she thinks.:noggin:

She was definitely out of line. Macy's clerks however, are generally not sales professionals, they are basically cahiers who make minimum wage. I worked at macy's as a SA when I was in high school and made $8 an hour, I was shocked to find out recently that the starting pay is still the same as nearly ten years ago. So if this story was about Nordstrom, I would have been surprised, but with macy's I'm not. Buying a new bag should always be fun, she had no right to take the fun out of it for you.

She's a fool and you must complain about something so highly unprofessional. And, she's also a moron for the simple fact that you're 'luxurious, high-end' purchase probably yields commission for her, as well a possible repeat customer. Would she rather you *not* buy it, and instead purchase a $29 bag?! Seriously, she doesn't deserve to have a job for being a) so rude, b) so judgemental, c) so highly personal in her questioning of your personal life. I don't care how much money she makes an hour. When I started college years ago, I made $3.35 an hour, and would have never acted like that regardless of the feeling like a "have not" around those with lots of money. Enjoy your bag regardless of this woman's completely inappropriate behavior.