Books & Music Musicals?

Went to NYC this week and saw A few shows -Falsettos was great. I cried. I love Andrew Rannells!

We saw In Transit which just opened on Sunday. It's cute and happy though I don't know if an all a cappella musical will last. Justin Guiarini was very good.

And we saw The Great Comet. Josh Groben is amazing. It's unlike anything I have ever seen. I want to see it again!

Les Miserables is my all time fave - too many songs to pick one fave! Saw it originally in 1988 on a school trip.
Saw it again for their 25 year anniversary tour. Everything I've seen since just isn't love like I love that musical...
Phantom of the Opera was OK... Wicked OK...

Went to NYC this week and saw A few shows -Falsettos was great. I cried. I love Andrew Rannells!

We saw In Transit which just opened on Sunday. It's cute and happy though I don't know if an all a cappella musical will last. Justin Guiarini was very good.

And we saw The Great Comet. Josh Groben is amazing. It's unlike anything I have ever seen. I want to see it again!

I saw Falsettos last week too. I loved it! (and bawled) I had seen the original productions many years ago. I see that you saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Christian Borle, who I LOVE, will be Wonka when it opens here.

I saw Falsettos last week too. I loved it! (and bawled) I had seen the original productions many years ago. I see that you saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Christian Borle, who I LOVE, will be Wonka when it opens here.

I love Christian Bortle - I saw him last year in Something Rotten and he was amazing. He will be great and the buzz is that he could be nominated for falsettos and Charlie.

I love Christian Bortle - I saw him last year in Something Rotten and he was amazing. He will be great and the buzz is that he could be nominated for falsettos and Charlie.
That would be amazing, two very different roles. I didn't see Something Rotten, but saw him in Peter and the Starcatcher.

Reactions: clu13
And the good news continues - I was on the waitlist for a show score Meetup to see Dear Evan Hansen. Additional tickets were secured, so I'll be seeing Dear Evan Hansen!

It was an amazing week in NYC

We started with Aladdin. Then caught Sunset Blvd with Glenn Close in previews. They were fine. Not favorites but fine.

Beautiful was just not my thing, but I don't like jukebox musicals in general.

We got front row rush tickets for Chicago. Mel B "scary spice" was lovely.

I saw Phantom of the Opera. It was 25 years ago that I saw it and it was still amazing.

Dear Evan Hansen blew me away - amazing theater.

We sat on stage at a bar table for the Great Comet. It was a blast though I am happy that I sat in the Orchestra to first see it.

Lastly, we saw Hamilton just a few hours ago. It was the perfect way to end the week. It's the best thing I have ever seen on stage.

View attachment 3600970

It was an amazing week in NYC

We started with Aladdin. Then caught Sunset Blvd with Glenn Close in previews. They were fine. Not favorites but fine.

Beautiful was just not my thing, but I don't like jukebox musicals in general.

We got front row rush tickets for Chicago. Mel B "scary spice" was lovely.

I saw Phantom of the Opera. It was 25 years ago that I saw it and it was still amazing.

Dear Evan Hansen blew me away - amazing theater.

We sat on stage at a bar table for the Great Comet. It was a blast though I am happy that I sat in the Orchestra to first see it.

Lastly, we saw Hamilton just a few hours ago. It was the perfect way to end the week. It's the best thing I have ever seen on stage.

View attachment 3600970

Sounds like you had a good week. You saw some great theater! I had tickets for Great Comet last night, and couldn't make it, as work got crazy for me. Surprisingly they refunded my ticket as I guess so many people had trouble making it in because of the weather.

I enjoyed Waitress because of Jesse Mueller. It's not necessarily the show that I loved so much, but I think her voice is truly spectacular. I am meeting with her today for work. Evan Hansen is next on my list, I"m having a hard time getting tickets for the time I want to go. And I agree, Hamilton remains the best thing I've seen.