Books & Music Musicals?

I think I love Wicked with (Jemma Rix as the witch ) & Les Miserables the most.
I have also seen The Lion King, West side story & some smaller musicals by local Australian companies.

My first musical was Cats, even my dad loves that one.
Last musical I saw was Motown, which was very good! It's a great show for everyone.
Best unexpected - Rock of Ages - Pleasantly surprised by how good this show was because I'm not into rock n' roll but the cast was phenomenal.
Least favorite - Once - I fell asleep during that show, and thats never happened before.

What I'd like to see next: Lion King, An American in Paris, The King and I, and Hamilton

Last edited:
Wicked, phantom of the opera and jersey boys are my favorites...I enjoyed les miserables and mary poppins as well. Least favorite was Jesus christ superstar. I almost fell asleep during the lion king although the costumes were amazing. Cats was just ok for me but I know there are a ton of people who love it.

Just got back from another weekend in NYC - we caught American Psycho, The Musical in previews. I am still processing it - the music is fantastic and the visuals are wonderful. But it is a strange juxtaposition - murder and dancing. Benjamin Walker is fantastic though, and it has to be said - his body is a work of art. Although her roll is small, seeing Alice Ripley on stage is always a treat.

We caught She Loves Me yesterday - light and funny and romantic. Jane Krakowski steals the show. Although the lovers are the focus of the story, you just keep waiting for Jane to come back on stage!

I really wanted to see Dear Evan Hansen but not enough time. I may try to get back to NYC before the show closes.

We saw Bright Star last night - Carmen Cusack is incredible. It's a gem. We opted for more plays this time around. Blackbird with Jeff Daniels and Michelle Williams is so powerful. We were four rows back. She is gorgeous is print, but it is unreal in person. Today we see The Humans.

I have to wait a while to see Hamilton but at least I got tickets for the Chicago production in January.

I see a lot of the musicals that come through Chicago including the Broadway previews. The Spongebob musical was a lot of fun, I think it'll be a big hit in NY. I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked Gotta Dance, but that one's a tougher sell - it's about a bunch of older people trying out for a dance team for a basketball halftime show. I think they've already changed the title of it. I'm looking forward to seeing War Paint starring Patti LuPone and Christine Ebersole in a few days. Diva battle!

Reactions: clu13 and JetSetGo!
We saw the traveling production of Dirty Dancing this weekend - very fun if you are a lover of the movie.

Trying to plan the shows to see in the west end in November and NYC in December.

Reactions: inherforties
Going to watch Beauty and the Beast soon and it's going to be my second time watching it! It's my favourite disney animation so I need to catch the musical again.