Missoni for Target *Modeling Pics*

I purchased this at Target, back in December. It's an XS but a little big at the top and the straps are too loose. Does anyone with sewing skills think it would be possible to turn this into a halter dress? I'm just trying to figure out a way to wear it this spring.

$%28KGrHqR,%21k4E6FC+9WqTBOrlS3qIe%21%7E%7E60_35.JPG

I purchased this at Target, back in December. It's an XS but a little big at the top and the straps are too loose. Does anyone with sewing skills think it would be possible to turn this into a halter dress? I'm just trying to figure out a way to wear it this spring.

$%28KGrHqR,%21k4E6FC+9WqTBOrlS3qIe%21%7E%7E60_35.JPG

It depends on how long the straps are and how they're sewn on....you might be able to undo the stitches on the back so they can be tied around your neck. I'd have to actually see the material and the length to see if it was possible but it *could* be.

So I decided to keep the maxi skirt -- I found the Passion cardigan over the weekend and the graphic T and I liked how both looked with the skirt, so it was enough for me to decide not to return!! I wore the skirt, the cardi and the suede pumps to work last night!

What size cardigan is that if u don't mind me asking?

It depends on how long the straps are and how they're sewn on....you might be able to undo the stitches on the back so they can be tied around your neck. I'd have to actually see the material and the length to see if it was possible but it *could* be.

Thanks for responding. The stitching can be undone in the back, no problem. I was concerned about the fabric gaping in the back, but looking at it now, I think my idea could work. I'll report back once I gather up the courage to cut the straps. Thanks again. :smile:

Thanks for responding. The stitching can be undone in the back, no problem. I was concerned about the fabric gaping in the back, but looking at it now, I think my idea could work. I'll report back once I gather up the courage to cut the straps. Thanks again. :smile:

You're welcome, I hope it works out for you! Sometimes the straps are really there just more for decoration, the top mostly does a good job of holding it up on its own. But I hope it works! I would also put something on the ends of the straps when you detach them, just so they don't unravel. Dritz's Fray Check works really well and you can get it at Michael's and other craft or fabric stores:
http://www.dritz.com/brands/showcase/details.php?ITEM_NUM=674