Louis Vuitton Mini Bumbag

I’ve seen reports of these bags being crooked, please can anyone help with what to look out for? I am going to Paris this week and hoping to pick one up but need to know exactly what to look out for
Yes! Iv had to send a few back now. Look out for crooked pocket placement. Also, the embossing on the empreinte leather hasn’t been consistent. Make sure it’s deep throughout the whole bag!

Yes! Iv had to send a few back now. Look out for crooked pocket placement. Also, the embossing on the empreinte leather hasn’t been consistent. Make sure it’s deep throughout the whole bag!
Ahh thanks so much for the tips, is the crooked pocket placement in terms of the print AND that it’s not wonky? I find it really hard to tell irl 😂 Sounds like you fared well getting 2 bags, I read that certain baby wipes are good for helping with colour transfer on a light coloured bag.

I land in Paris Friday morning and hitting LV straight after lunch, so excited!

How are you liking it? I’m thinking about getting it in the mono. Is it easy to get items in and out?
I actually love my mini bumbags!! The top opens up nice with easy access to your items inside. The front pocket is small but easily fits hand sanitizer and lip balm. I am not usually fond of small bags but this bag is incredibly convenient, and holds way more than expected. It can be worn on shoulder or crossbody or as a fanny pack if you choose 😊
I loved the navy so much I purchased the mono too. I grab them for quick errands and do not regret the purchases at all!!
Definitely get one!! It’s such a fun bag 🥰

IMG_7753.jpeg
IMG_7823.jpeg
IMG_7756.jpeg

I actually love my mini bumbags!! The top opens up nice with easy access to your items inside. The front pocket is small but easily fits hand sanitizer and lip balm. I am not usually fond of small bags but this bag is incredibly convenient, and holds way more than expected. It can be worn on shoulder or crossbody or as a fanny pack if you choose 😊
I loved the navy so much I purchased the mono too. I grab them for quick errands and do not regret the purchases at all!!

View attachment 5987064
View attachment 5987065
View attachment 5987067
Thank you for the information, it really helps! As long as it fits my phone I’m sure I will like it!

• Love
Reactions: wildwest81

View attachment 5987064
View attachment 5987065
View attachment 5987067
Hello @wildwest81! You’ve been so helpful about the mini bumbag, I hope you don’t mind a few questions. I’m thinking about the monogram canvas one now like yours, and was curious if the vachetta is the new pre-treated kind we are seeing on men’s bags, or the usual (if you can tell).

And I know this is a paranoid question as in theory both of yours are the same size, but does your iPhone 14 promax fit in your mono too? I’m torn between the mono and the bright pop blue one, but I can order the mono now and see what I think. It’s such a cutie!!! Thanks so much in advance. Can’t believe I’m considering yet ANOTHER bag!!! 🤓🌺

PS Hope your thumb is healed!

Hello @wildwest81! You’ve been so helpful about the mini bumbag, I hope you don’t mind a few questions. I’m thinking about the monogram canvas one now like yours, and was curious if the vachetta is the new pre-treated kind we are seeing on men’s bags, or the usual (if you can tell).

And I know this is a paranoid question as in theory both of yours are the same size, but does your iPhone 14 promax fit in your mono too? I’m torn between the mono and the bright pop blue one, but I can order the mono now and see what I think. It’s such a cutie!!! Thanks so much in advance. Can’t believe I’m considering yet ANOTHER bag!!! 🤓🌺

PS Hope your thumb is healed!
I’m always happy to answer questions if I can help 🥰
I’m not sure if the vachetta is the treated or not. It feels like it is similar to my one other bag that’s treated from LV but I honestly don’t know if it is. Sorry I can’t answer that one.
I checked to be sure my phone fit in the mono bag and it absolutely does 😊
It’s the exact same fit
I put my phone, a romy card case, a small hand lotion and a cles in the main area and it still has room.

IMG_8004.jpegIMG_8005.jpeg

No problems fitting my phone in either. It easily closes with no stress to the zipper or bag. The backside is longer so it slides in with plenty of space.
I’m excited for you to get one and can’t wait to see which one you choose!!

I understand the dang bag dilemma…. I’m trying to be good but the last couple collections are getting me 😂 I’m hoping nothing will grab me for a while.

Ps… the thumb is ok, a little rope burn is better than missing the whole thing 😳

I’m always happy to answer questions if I can help 🥰
I’m not sure if the vachetta is the treated or not. It feels like it is similar to my one other bag that’s treated from LV but I honestly don’t know if it is. Sorry I can’t answer that one.
I checked to be sure my phone fit in the mono bag and it absolutely does 😊
It’s the exact same fit
I put my phone, a romy card case, a small hand lotion and a cles in the main area and it still has room.

View attachment 5988932View attachment 5988933

No problems fitting my phone in either. It easily closes with no stress to the zipper or bag. The backside is longer so it slides in with plenty of space.
I’m excited for you to get one and can’t wait to see which one you choose!!

I understand the dang bag dilemma…. I’m trying to be good but the last couple collections are getting me 😂 I’m hoping nothing will grab me for a while.

Ps… the thumb is ok, a little rope burn is better than missing the whole thing 😳
Thanks so much for your detailed answer @wildwest81! Like you I order most everything online, so all of you wonderful folks here on tpf really have helped save me a few times, plus we just have fun with bags :P

It really is an amazingly spacious bag for such a cutie. I usually carry my phone, an LV men’s pocket organizer, AirPods Pro, keys, lippie, and a sundry box and given all your work with pics etc. that should easily fit in the mono or any of the leather mini bumbags. Thanks for the tip that the phone doesn’t stress the bag - sometimes it fits, but just a little tightly.

I see you have a mono strap on it - I love that, and my Pochette Metis strap gets more use on other bags, it would look great. The treated vachetta leather straps from my Pharrell 18 speedy should fit perfectly too, and make it a long cross body. I think it is treated on the bum bag, but like you I can’t tell. Either way it should work.

Glad your thumb is ok - sounds like a closer call than you would prefer! Thanks again for all your help. Now.. decisions decisions. Have a great day!!👜🤎💙🤓

• Love
Thanks so much for your detailed answer @wildwest81! Like you I order most everything online, so all of you wonderful folks here on tpf really have helped save me a few times, plus we just have fun with bags :P

It really is an amazingly spacious bag for such a cutie. I usually carry my phone, an LV men’s pocket organizer, AirPods Pro, keys, lippie, and a sundry box and given all your work with pics etc. that should easily fit in the mono or any of the leather mini bumbags. Thanks for the tip that the phone doesn’t stress the bag - sometimes it fits, but just a little tightly.

I see you have a mono strap on it - I love that, and my Pochette Metis strap gets more use on other bags, it would look great. The treated vachetta leather straps from my Pharrell 18 speedy should fit perfectly too, and make it a long cross body. I think it is treated on the bum bag, but like you I can’t tell. Either way it should work.

Glad your thumb is ok - sounds like a closer call than you would prefer! Thanks again for all your help. Now.. decisions decisions. Have a great day!!👜🤎💙🤓
This forum is so amazing!! I agree that it is so helpful to see and hear about bags before purchasing. Buying online can be difficult but all the amazing ladies and gentlemen make it easier 😊

I do use a pouchette Metis strap!! Good eye. I prefer using the longer crossbody strap on the mono bumbag and it works perfectly for me.

I can’t wait until you get one and see how much it will fit for you. I’m impatiently waiting 😂

Have the most wonderful day @DrTr 🌼

• Love
Reactions: DrTr
This forum is so amazing!! I agree that it is so helpful to see and hear about bags before purchasing. Buying online can be difficult but all the amazing ladies and gentlemen make it easier 😊

I do use a pouchette Metis strap!! Good eye. I prefer using the longer crossbody strap on the mono bumbag and it works perfectly for me.

I can’t wait until you get one and see how much it will fit for you. I’m impatiently waiting 😂

Have the most wonderful day @DrTr 🌼
Thanks! I’m impatiently waiting too!! One minute I think “order the mono, you can have it now” the next I think “wait until 5/17 and order the blue one!” I have a question out to my online CA about whether the blue/yellow one is really lambskin, or if it is calfskin, as it looks like calfskin online. I’m hoping calf, as I don’t want to baby a bumbag. If he tells me it’s lambskin I likely will do mono. So many big questions!! 😆 I will keep you posted! And thanks again 🌺

I am going through the same thing as you with the mini bumbag. I am really wanting the mono and want to make sure my phone fits and not sure I can make it to a store to try it on. I was going to try it online…I have been eyeing the bag for awhile since I sold my original bumbag.

I am going through the same thing as you with the mini bumbag. I am really wanting the mono and want to make sure my phone fits and not sure I can make it to a store to try it on. I was going to try it online…I have been eyeing the bag for awhile since I sold my original bumbag.
I know - trying on is better, but it’s just not practical for me to get to a boutique often. After @wildwest81 showed us her two with the case of her promax phone, I’m sure my phone will fit with its thin Tpu case. Now, do I order the blue that makes me happy 💙because it’s so colorful (though I don’t want it if it’s lambskin, like the website says, it appears to be calfskin), or do I order the mono and see how it works for me. The mono is place in cart for quick delivery. Hmmm.

Good luck with your dilemma. It’s just so interesting to me how many people here on the forum were really disappointed in this little bag when it came out and how most of them now have one and love them. Early on I wasn’t interested at all, but over time and re-adjusting my needs for my lifestyle as it is now, it seems like a great piece I would use often. I have enough bags in multiple sizes so when I need a bigger bag I have them. The thinking continues for us both.

Brief update - I lost all self-control (@wildwest81 looking at you 😆🤓👜) and I ordered the mono mini bumbag this morning! I will see how it feels and works for me, and then when the blue/yellow drops I will know whether or not to order and which I like better.

In all seriousness, thanks to you and everyone that is so helpful. I will add my own experience once it shows up hopefully tomorrow!! it’s now order in preparation that means it should ship today. Can’t wait, and tomorrow I will be stalking UPS from my own home 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited: