Involuntary Coach ban support group

I just can’t stand when sellers lie about shipping. The tracking tells the truth, don’t they know this? I bought random items on eBay from different sellers and all shipped right away except for the expensive item. So I waited a few days and messaged yesterday asking when it would ship. Of course they say it is going out that day, and thanks for my purchase. So I said thank you —thinking it is only going out because I messaged. lol. So I check tracking as she only did the label and it wasn’t dropped off until late today.

I normally would not say anything but I hate when sellers lie or at least she could have said something came up. I messaged a bit ago saying I guess it was dropped off today instead?

I think I was mainly annoyed because her prices are high. She should have more respect to send things out without being asked. And again if you have obstacles just be honest and say so. Don’t take someone ‘s money and hold the item.
I don't think you should sell unless you are willing to make your shipping commitment. I like to get things out as quickly as possible so they won't cancel. Lately my mailman has been great about scanning when he picks up the packages. In the past, even though I had shipped, sometimes they wouldn't show up on tracking for days. It really is easy for me that I live in an area where it is safe to leave packages out for the mailman to pick up. If you have to make a trip to the post office I can imagine it would be hard to do it every time you made a sale. You might want to consolidate them. Ebay rates sellers on their shipping time so it should motivate her if she cares about her statistics. Some newer ebay sellers don't understand that they won't get their money until they ship; they want to wait for the money to hit their bank account. Established sellers usually get paid right away but not new ones.

Sorry but happy for the sale! I hope the growth was benign.

I've been listing odds and ends and the last few days they've been selling like hotcakes. I must have underpriced them.
Thank you. I'm pretty happy about the sale. I just got bummed hearing the vets comment that it could turn into a malignant tumor. I just hate unexpected expenses and who doesn't really.

Congrats on your sales!

Reactions: Alexa5 and whateve
I don't think you should sell unless you are willing to make your shipping commitment. I like to get things out as quickly as possible so they won't cancel. Lately my mailman has been great about scanning when he picks up the packages. In the past, even though I had shipped, sometimes they wouldn't show up on tracking for days. It really is easy for me that I live in an area where it is safe to leave packages out for the mailman to pick up. If you have to make a trip to the post office I can imagine it would be hard to do it every time you made a sale. You might want to consolidate them. Ebay rates sellers on their shipping time so it should motivate her if she cares about her statistics. Some newer ebay sellers don't understand that they won't get their money until they ship; they want to wait for the money to hit their bank account. Established sellers usually get paid right away but not new ones.
I agree! I even understand waiting a day or two, but I find it tacky not to communicate about it, and then just so happen to start the shipping process when asked about it. And to thank me for my purchase then…why not on the day I bought it lol. She has mostly good reviews but she did have a few neutral for shipping time. Plus I think these were already in the box to ship as they were dishes she is price gouging for as they are discontinued. So she is shipping in their original boxes.

I just can’t stand when sellers lie about shipping. The tracking tells the truth, don’t they know this? I bought random items on eBay from different sellers and all shipped right away except for the expensive item. So I waited a few days and messaged yesterday asking when it would ship. Of course they say it is going out that day, and thanks for my purchase. So I said thank you —thinking it is only going out because I messaged. lol. So I check tracking as she only did the label and it wasn’t dropped off until late today.

I normally would not say anything but I hate when sellers lie or at least she could have said something came up. I messaged a bit ago saying I guess it was dropped off today instead?

I think I was mainly annoyed because her prices are high. She should have more respect to send things out without being asked. And again if you have obstacles just be honest and say so. Don’t take someone ‘s money and hold the item.

Sorry to hear you are dealing with another seller with shipping delays :sad:. I agree that a seller shouldn’t lie about it. I hope you get your item soon :smile:

So dishes may sit in the sink a little while but the water in them makes them easier to clean.
I do that sometimes, too. If they need to soak, I'll fill with water and dish soap until after I eat so that they're easier to clean. A few times a year, I soak everything in the kitchen with sterilizing tablets, too (the type you use on baby bottles). That's more a habit because I lived in some places where you could get quite ill if you didn't sterilize everything.

Happy National No Pants Day ;)!
I read that a few times with this expression on my face -> :amazed:
Then I remembered that "pants" to Americans are our "trousers" and breathed a sigh of relief. :giggle:

I just got bummed hearing the vets comment that it could turn into a malignant tumor.
I'm so sorry. I've had pets that got those tumours and sometimes they do stay benign. Now that it's removed, it'll hopefully all be smooth sailing. :hugs:

OK my ban ladies :smile:. DUYP has a new pink Cassie-like bag that is a soft baby pink with a medium dusty pink leather trim throughout. It has gold hardware (vs the dark gunmetal on the Cassie) and it has an S-lock (just like the LV P Métis, so it’s different from the turnlock on the Cassie). So it’s different from my pink Cassie and my pink P Metis (which is a darker shade of light pink with embossed logos) with gold S lock. It tempts me because it looks so pretty and I love baby pink. Please let me know that I am better off choosing a different color for my last bag purchase. Thanks :smile:

So it’s different from my pink Cassie and my pink P Metis
Is there any way for you to post pictures of the 3 bags? It would be easier to tell if the new one is actually adding something special or just duplicating what you already own.

Please let me know that I am better off choosing a different color for my last bag purchase.
I don't necessarily think you have to branch out and add a variety of colours. I would have a collection with only shades of blue if I could, since it's my favourite colour and I feel like every shade can be styled slightly differently. If pink makes you happy, then there's no need to curb your pink range of bags so long as you actually use them all.

Is there any way for you to post pictures of the 3 bags? It would be easier to tell if the new one is actually adding something special or just duplicating what you already own.

I don't necessarily think you have to branch out and add a variety of colours. I would have a collection with only shades of blue if I could, since it's my favourite colour and I feel like every shade can be styled slightly differently. If pink makes you happy, then there's no need to curb your pink range of bags so long as you actually use them all.

Hi J :smile:. I found some old pictures of the two that I have and added the third picture of the one that is tempting me now. I was considering it in other colors because I already have 2 pink ones in this style and thought it would be nice to add a neutral. But then seeing the picture of it now is causing me to reconsider. I have 3 other ones in fun colors, the rest are neutral/classic colors. Thanks.

PS It’s hard to tell the exact shade of the pink since pictures don’t always show the accurate shade

IMG_8130.jpegIMG_8132.jpegIMG_8129.jpeg

Thanks for the eye-candy @Iamminda :biggrin:
Okay, I'm finding this harder than I expected. They're similar enough to not require a 3rd, but the darker trim makes the new one different enough that it completes the set.
Here's what I'd ask myself in your shoes: Will the new one "steal wears" from the two you already have? If so, definitely go for another colour or wait until another bag is released that is a definite 'must have'.
Just IMO, of course. Hopefully someone with more smarts will pop in soon and offer more sage advice. :smile:

Okay, I'm finding this harder than I expected. They're similar enough to not require a 3rd, but the darker trim makes the new one different enough that it completes the set.
Here's what I'd ask myself in your shoes: Will the new one "steal wears" from the two you already have? If so, definitely go for another colour or wait until another bag is released that is a definite 'must have'.
Just IMO, of course. Hopefully someone with more smarts will pop in soon and offer more sage advice. :smile:

Thanks for your reply J :smile:. It helped to see them all side by side. You are probably right in that a 3rd is not needed :lol:. I wasn’t going to order it now anyways since there’s supposedly a 12 week wait for it (they are a small independent business). But it’s good to get it off my mind as I am sure there will be other bags that might be tempting me in the next 12 weeks. Thanks again :smile:

It helped to see them all side by side. You are probably right in that a 3rd is not needed :lol:.
I'm glad it helped you... meanwhile, I'm still looking at the pics trying to think what I would do! :lol:
In all honesty, the more I think about it, the more I want to suggest that you wait for something different. I do think it will steal wears from the ones you've got, which would be a shame since you already have them and they're too pretty not to be carried.
Also, since this is your last splurge, it should be for something really special that makes your collection feel complete, and I'm not sure another of something you have multiples of will do that. You might be left feeling like there's still a bag-gap you want to fill.:hrmm:
There will be some lovely releases later in the year, since the holiday bags (from all the brands) tend to be in special colourways. I'd hold out for those, if I were in your shoes. :flowers:

OK my ban ladies :smile:. DUYP has a new pink Cassie-like bag that is a soft baby pink with a medium dusty pink leather trim throughout. It has gold hardware (vs the dark gunmetal on the Cassie) and it has an S-lock (just like the LV P Métis, so it’s different from the turnlock on the Cassie). So it’s different from my pink Cassie and my pink P Metis (which is a darker shade of light pink with embossed logos) with gold S lock. It tempts me because it looks so pretty and I love baby pink. Please let me know that I am better off choosing a different color for my last bag purchase. Thanks :smile:

Thanks for your reply J :smile:. It helped to see them all side by side. You are probably right in that a 3rd is not needed :lol:. I wasn’t going to order it now anyways since there’s supposedly a 12 week wait for it (they are a small independent business). But it’s good to get it off my mind as I am sure there will be other bags that might be tempting me in the next 12 weeks. Thanks again :smile:

I'm glad it helped you... meanwhile, I'm still looking at the pics trying to think what I would do! :lol:
In all honesty, the more I think about it, the more I want to suggest that you wait for something different. I do think it will steal wears from the ones you've got, which would be a shame since you already have them and they're too pretty not to be carried.
Also, since this is your last splurge, it should be for something really special that makes your collection feel complete, and I'm not sure another of something you have multiples of will do that. You might be left feeling like there's still a bag-gap you want to fill.:hrmm:
There will be some lovely releases later in the year, since the holiday bags (from all the brands) tend to be in special colourways. I'd hold out for those, if I were in your shoes. :flowers:
I agree with everything jblended said! lol. Great bags, the ones you have and your temptation, lol

I agree with everything jblended said! lol. Great bags, the ones you have and your temptation, lol

Thanks Alexa :smile:. I just watched a few more YT videos on this bag. In one video, the gal said the bag has a slight factory smell when you first open it but she still loves the bag (she is a paid affiliate). And 2 people commented that theirs had a weird smell too upon arrival. Supposedly, the smell should go away with use or airing. No other videos mentioned this. So now I am not so sure anymore. I hate it when I buy something that has a strong or chemical smell when I open it. Like it happened to these PJs that my DH ordered for me as a gift one year. I washed them 3-4 times and it still had a faint smell so I never wore them :sad:

Thanks Alexa :smile:. I just watched a few more YT videos on this bag. In one video, the gal said the bag has a slight factory smell when you first open it but she still loves the bag (she is a paid affiliate). And 2 people commented that theirs had a weird smell too upon arrival. Supposedly, the smell should go away with use or airing. No other videos mentioned this. So now I am not so sure anymore. I hate it when I buy something that has a strong or chemical smell when I open it. Like it happened to these PJs that my DH ordered for me as a gift one year. I washed them 3-4 times and it still had a faint smell so I never wore them :sad:
I agree, I am the same about smells.

The DUYP looks sooo similar to your other two, especially the Pochette Metis. I agree with others to wait for something else for your last purchase!