I was robbed by my closest friend. Scarce good people left.

Greendrv said:
What a shame! There is no harm in filing a police report. It will just be a record that you were robbed. Your "friend" will still have a chance to return the items to you, or compensate you monetarily, even after you file the report. But it is always good to get things on the record as close to the time you discovered the theft as possible.

I totally agree & I'm sorry about the whole situation... it's just too much for words.
I hope you managed to get the list of stuff and go to the police... don't wait!!!
Best of luck!!!

What a tragedy! I am shocked but definitely not surprised because something similar happened to me with a very close friend of mine in college. I asked her to store some of my belongings while I was away for the summer. When I returned to school, we were supposed to meet so I could get my stuff and catch up wth her like friends do. Well we met up but she had none of my stuff. She kept coming up with different excuses every time I saw her (i.e. she forgot, I should have reminded her before we hung out, etc). I tried the same tactics you did. I reminded her countless times that I needed my clothes and other things back. I told her I missed my stuff because it had sentimental value. I told her my VCR was given as a gift from my father...I tried everything. It hurt so badly. Months after I had given up and replaced almost everything she delivered about 30% of what I originally gave her to store for me. I was so unbelievably hurt. I guess I was too trusting of her...who would have predicted it though? Don't beat yourself up for being an honest and better person. There are good people out there...they're just hard to find. That's why when you do find them, you hold on to them. I know my story will not change your circumstances. But at least you know you're not the only one who has been taken advantage of. I'm soooo sorry. I really do know what it feels like.

UPDATE:

I'm very sory for the delay in the update but Ive been trying to get my stuff back.
First let me start by saying I stood in the Marylebone Police station for 2hrs 20mins and left. I was going to kill myself. When I left there were still 3 people infront of me. When I had come in there were only four. So I would have been there all night.

But what did happen is that on Wednesday night she managed to answer my phone calls. I told her I'm meeting her NOW and where does she live. She told me she would text me the address and I could meet her there in an hour. So she text me the address eventually (shocking) and told she will be there soon. Oh and there was no flat number in the text. Started driving to her place (with my boyf as he would help me carry the stuff...plus I can't drive and the house was far).

When I get there unsuprisingly her phone was switched off. I had already had enough and I felt the rage building up inside me and did something bad (i know, i shouldnt have but this is the first tim I lost it so far!) and started presing all the doorbells of the apartment. Eventually I found the right one! She didnt let me go upstairs and told me this was her friends place and she was staying there with her. She came down to the doorstep and handed me one white Gucci bag and 2 t-shirts and a pair of Puma trainers. THATS IT!
I told her as calmly as possible that this was not it, handed her the list with accurate descriptions of each item (at least the ones I could remember) and looked at it and didnt even flinch and said "I don't have anything".
I told her that she had the keys, I gave her the responsibility of handing me the hose back the way it was. I she really didnt take the items (yeah righty) then did they just go walkies or spurt out wings and fly away?.
And lets say that REALLY she didnt know what happened sisnt she one day walk into the apartment to find it EMPTY! Did'nt she notice. She replied to me saying no, she never noticed. All was there. So I guess it did go walkies.
I coldnt believe it when she started accusing me of lying, I thought I would throw up!
My boyfriend got me into the car (or only before explain to her housemate what had happened and why we were there causing this problem, according t yesterdays findings; her housemate now kicked her out!).

Yesterday: I woke up early to recieve a text telling me to meet her at 4pm at her sister boyfriends house. Now I work and finish at 6pm! She knows that and since when is she calling the shots?
I told her to be there at 7pm with everything. She replied telling me she had a hairdressers appointment! CAN U BELIEVE IT?!?!?!
Anyway, let me try to cut this sorter, I eventually spoke to her sister in Morroco who made her call me back to tell me today I will go to her sisters boyfriends house (I know him quite well) and get my stuff.
I am so sure her phone wil be switched off with some lame excuse attached to it.

And if it takes the WHOLE day I'm still going to the police and sitting there. It's just that I can't leave work now!

i am sending you a big hug. burglers entered my flat in rome some months ago and we are sure they were sent by someone we know, someonle close, for some reasons that would be too long to explain.
i think you should go to her and really get andgry and intimidate her, go with a freind who is a lawyer if you have one!

WOW! Your buddy there is quite a character. Def. go to the police and file that report and let all of her friends know what kind of person she is! You probably saved that friend of hers that kicked her out thousands of dollars! Good job so far! Don't you dare to give up! :biggrin:

divina_lucilla said:
i think you should go to her and really get andgry and intimidate her, go with a freind who is a lawyer if you have one!

I can't do that sadly, although I REALLY wish I could!
She can go to the police and say we harrassed her. And my case will be ruined. I am right at the moment. I want to stay that way.

...but when its over I way do something evil. Kidding- why cant I find an "evil" smily?

likeafeather77 said:
WOW! Your buddy there is quite a character. Def. go to the police and file that report and let all of her friends know what kind of person she is! You probably saved that friend of hers that kicked her out thousands of dollars! Good job so far! Don't you dare to give up! :biggrin:

She is absolutly NOT my buddy!

And, yes I won't give up Ive lost everything I own. It feels like ive lost my history.
You remember that favorite comfortable sweater you like to sit infront of the tv with a up of hot choc! even things like that are gone.
I mean who steals swimming suits? Ski clothes?

arghhh

wow, this former "friend" of yours really has some nerve. but things seem to be going on the positive track for you. hopefully, this whole ordeal for you will be over soon.

Get as much back as you can. Don't give up. I remembered you mention some things like your grandmas pearls or something. That is one of the irreplacable things you have mentioned. Good luck and do let us know what happens.

LondonBrat said:
Yesterday: I woke up early to recieve a text telling me to meet her at 4pm at her sister boyfriends house. Now I work and finish at 6pm! She knows that and since when is she calling the shots?
I told her to be there at 7pm with everything. She replied telling me she had a hairdressers appointment! CAN U BELIEVE IT?!?!?!

I am so sorry to hear all of this. I can't believe she has the audacity to call the shots.

Wow. That is just. Crazy!
I would have sooo charged her ass. With the text messages you have enough elements to help prove your case. Get her whole family involved, make them interrogated by the police... I would be just MAD with rage!
I hope karma comes and kicks her in the ass very soon! and then you can rub your hands like Mr Burns... "ehhhxcellent!" *evil smiley*