I was robbed by my closest friend. Scarce good people left.

OK, go to the police!!! Even if they don't take you seriously. I don't know about London, but here, they have to file a report. A theft of that size is a felony here. If nothing else, you will feel better because you have done everything within your power.

Then grab some large friends of your BF's and go find her!!!:nuts:

This is a terrible situation, and it made me sick to read it. Good luck, and let us know what happens!

Don't let any more time pass! Don't give her any more time to get rid of your things. She may be selling your stuff! Hunt her down and retrieve your belongings. Bring some muscle with you.

OMG Im so sorry!!!!
It sounds like you are trying to work it out with her. I would send her a certified letter (do they have those in uk) overnight delivery and if she doesn't respond within 24 hours go to the police.

Here in the state's thats a FELONY anything over 1,000.00 is a felony I believe.

She took away basically almost like half of what you own! How could she? I would be devastated if that happened to me. I am so sorry that this happened to you. I hope she has the decency to return them to you. My God, how many common friends you have? Do they know? I'm just so sorry. This is so devastating. Do make a list of everything you can think of that is missing. Go to the police. Don't wait.

My best friend has stolen many items of clothing from me....but holy crap if she touched my designer items (especially my bags)...I would KILL HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the fact that you took her in and let her live in your flat for free makes me so mad she would do this!!

Let's hope she didn't sell half of your stuff on the horrible world of eBay!!

I hope everything works out for you!! I will pray for you! :smile:

please stop trying to be nice to this girl, she doesn't deserve to be given time to redeem herself. you can't work it out with someone who steals, even when they seemed to be a good friend in the beginning. that is a lot of stuff to just take away from someone, some of which have sentimental value to you. please go to the police, the sooner, the better. good luck.

I agree, get the police in NOW - she's not going to just go "oh and by the way here's your things." Time is of the essence here, she might have taken the stuff to sell - I can KIND OF understand that she may have taken one or two things coz she loved them (not condoning it mind you) but taking that many makes me think she wants cash value, personally.

PM or e-mail me if you want to chat or rant or anything on the phone - I'm in north London and will PM/mail you back my number. And if you don't that's fine too - not trying to get all over your stuff here!

Hugs,

Cx (short for Chandra b.t.w. aka Chandi)

mahbag! said:
please stop trying to be nice to this girl, she doesn't deserve to be given time to redeem herself. you can't work it out with someone who steals, even when they seemed to be a good friend in the beginning. that is a lot of stuff to just take away from someone, some of which have sentimental value to you. please go to the police, the sooner, the better. good luck.

I know I know.
But the problem is I MAY actually get something. Is only been 4 days. If i really can get something I should try to. Actually today is the final day. I luurvely PF member offered to ask her police officer man for help/info. I'm hoping that will help. If not I'm going to the police tomorrow. The thing is i KNOW that then I will never get anything back. Ever. I know this sounds terible but seeing her behind bars (which i doubt will happen) will not be enough for me...I want my grandma's necklace back (amongst other stuff- but mostly that)...of and my Mum's pearls and vintage bag. and...argh...EVERYTHING!
Today I keep texting her and I'm going to look at the pawn shops in Edgware road (arabic area as she is morrocan). Tomorrow I have to make time from uni and work to get my butt down to the police station.
Chandi- thanks I'm PMing you

I'm not sure going to the pawn shops will do any good, as they aren't allowed to put anything on show/for sale, until a good 6 months after the "however long" someone has to redeem the item.

I do wish you well. Have you had any luck with friends, finding out where she is staying at the moment? My feeling is still, even though you seem to be in some text contact with her, she's just playing you till she has a chance to get rid of all your stuff. She's playing on your good nature. If she had any intention of returning even some of your stuff, you would have had it back by now. If you can, try and find out where she is staying. At least so you can get the police to accompany you (or if not the police, a couple of male friends?) so you can see for yourself what she has left... Don't forget, inventory, with value, all the stuff missing. If you have proof of ownership, receipts/photo's etc, make sure you take all the with you to the police.

I appreciate this is a horrible experience, and I truely wish you well, and the very best of luck in getting your things back.

K
xx

OMG...im so sorry that happened to u LOndonbrat, shes such a B###!! i know that feeling! happened to me once, My good good gf stole my clothings, watch and some shoes!! I swear to god I wanted to kill her! Until now we never talk at each other which is good.Its a long story.

My advice is that u should find her espcly in the bar or in the street,, And then u should slap her and force her to bring u to her house, and take back all your stuff. U must force her to give all back!!
Stop texting her or calling her, Im pretty sure that she would only ignore u. Im sure u know which place she usually like to hang out on the weekend or weekday, aim that kind of place and im pretty sure u will find her and get back your stuff.
oh,,, Im so sorry that I sounds so angry! I just hate this kind of girlfriend who dont respect friends. It reminds me of my old gf..ggrrrrrr!
Ok...i talk to much...
PLS KEEP US INFORM

First of all, I am VERY sorry this has happened to you. And she is NOT your friend. So, don't call her that. If she WAS you friend, she would've never done that to you!

Second, people are saying that those things that she took from you are just material things. Yes, those are just things but they're also things that YOU earned with YOUR own hard-earned money! Most people are materialistic because they buy expensive things and like it. If they didn't, they wouldn't buy them in the first place and want to make lots of money. We like everything that we own and, yes, we CAN live without them but would we want to? I am materialistic and I admit to it. I love having good clothes and expensive bags & jewelry AS LONG AS I don't jeopardize the well being of my loved ones. I would never steal to acquire those things and I wouldn't want anyone to steal from me.

She took what belonged to you...there is no good excuse for it. Please, if she tells you that she is somewhere, GO (no, don't go...RUN) there! Go and confront her (even if that's going to be in front of other people). And if she still doesn't give it back to you, DON'T leave her. Follow her. Tell her that you won't leave until you go to her new place and get it ALL back. If she calls the police...good! Tell her to call and straighten everything out with them. Just don't give up! She is no longer your friend, so don't be afraid to mess anything up with her. Good luck! Keep us posted!

What a shame! There is no harm in filing a police report. It will just be a record that you were robbed. Your "friend" will still have a chance to return the items to you, or compensate you monetarily, even after you file the report. But it is always good to get things on the record as close to the time you discovered the theft as possible.

I just read this thread! I can't believe someone would do this... let alone your friend!!! I'm with the other ladies in saying definately go to the police, her uncle, or anyone and get your stuff back!!! I know it's not about losing your material goods... but if you're anything like me, a bag is never just a bag. I hope you catch her!!!