Glam tote heaven...Clubhouse!! <3

I love my glam! I have the black waxed leather Glam that was available for about 30 seconds on a FOS a few weeks ago...I got lucky. You'll have a hard time finding an actual "Glam" anymore...the new "Glam-ish line is called the Hallie Tote - similar size and shape, small differences. They make a black leather Hallie that's super similar to my bag. However, my Macy's still has some of the older version, true Glams available, so it's where you look.

To answer your questions...

1. I don't baby my bags either, and so far the waxed leather has been great. It feels AMAZING - soft and smooshy, but I don't feel the need to freak out if I have to put it on the floor. To me it looks like the new Hallies have slightly more structure, but maybe that's just because the ones I see are stuffed and on display. Mine doesn't stand up on it's own, it folds over.

2. I don't treat any of my bags so I'll leave this question to someone who is more knowledgeable.

I haven't had any worries with durability of any Coach product. As for space, this bag has it! It's a big bag, but not bulky. It lays nicely against the body and the straps are long enough for shoulder wear.

If I were to buy another, it would be the navy or tangerine waxed leather (ebay only, sadly) or a black on black siggy. I like the moonlight siggy, but not "for me", if that makes sense...

Good luck, and whatever you get, we need photos!!

Thank you Canderson22!

I am leaning towards the black waxed leather, or navy if I can find one. The new Hallies just don't do it for me, so I'm left to eBay and the like to find what I'm looking for. My closest Macy's is 2 and a half hours away and my chances of getting there before they're gone aren't looking too promising. (Work, end of school activities, and DD's soccer games have me running like a chicken with my head cut off....lol)

I know what you mean about the moonlight siggy. It was a contender as was the khaki and petal pink but I'm just not a siggy girl in a bag anyway. I am looking at the moonlight double zip wallet, which I think would go nicely with the black waxed leather.

I will most defiantly post pictures of what I get.

I have to say by far the GLAM is my MOST FAV coach bag EVER!
I have have/HAD several... right from the first gen bag (back from 2009) to the latest glam (not the curvy this gen bag)
they are a work horse bag that holds your life!
My fav gen would be 2012... before it became hallie
The straps are spaced father apart, easier to work over a coat.. Also I like the full front pocket compared to the first and second gen.

I would go with either the waxed leather or a sig bag... I used my first gen for travelling, on the floor of the car/plane and abused the bag and it was like new with no wear at all when I finally upgraded to the newest...and it was only for the wider spaced handles and full front pocket.

the waxed leather has leather handles which soften and are nicer then the patent leather imo. its a bag you cant go wrong with. Check the outlet for them.. I got my waxed leather for 101$ and my siggy for 66$

I have waxed leather and I have Hallie in pink siggy. Both are great bags. I may not be the best one to ask about wear though. I change my bag daily. I have a ton of bags and so none of them have a lot of wear.

My favorite glam is my anthracite non-waxed leather glam. I am not a fan of the rugged look you get with the waxed leather -- based on what I've seen in stores of glams in the waxed leather. its too "distressed" for me. I have a boat load of glams though and the black on black non metallic is my 2nd favorite. My 3rd favorite is the tartan plaid 2011 style that got this whole glam tote thing started for me.... Its definitely love here with my Lindseys being a close 2nd.

My glam from the FOS last week showed up today. I couldn't pass up $70 for a bag that I can use as an overnight tote or rainy day work bag...but I am a little disappointed because I thought the handles would be longer. Going to leave the tag on and debate for a couple of days.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1367893711.518300.jpg

I have to say by far the GLAM is my MOST FAV coach bag EVER!

they are a work horse bag that holds your life!
My fav gen would be 2012... before it became hallie

the waxed leather has leather handles which soften and are nicer then the patent leather imo. its a bag you cant go wrong with. Check the outlet for them.. I got my waxed leather for 101$ and my siggy for 66$

You got a great price! I paid PCE for my waxed bag, and I still LOVE LOVE LOVE it, and I wasn't at all upset that it went to the outlets. (That's how I KNOW it was a good purchase for me!)

I use this bag every day, it takes a beating, and it simultaneously looks classy and well broken in. I love it!

Does anyone use a purse organizer in their Glam Tote? I have been looking at several online. I know lots of people use Purse to Go for other bags, but I wonder if those would be tall enough to work in a deep bag like the Glam Tote.

Anyone else use any other brands of purse organizers for this bag and willing to post pictures?:smile:

Does anyone use a purse organizer in their Glam Tote? I have been looking at several online. I know lots of people use Purse to Go for other bags, but I wonder if those would be tall enough to work in a deep bag like the Glam Tote.

Anyone else use any other brands of purse organizers for this bag and willing to post pictures?:smile:

I have a jumbo... and it works fine
it gives extra pockets and is just tall enough to keep the bag standing.
that pic it's in my metallic leather

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1368228050.603156.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1368228050.603156.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 485
I have a jumbo... and it works fine
it gives extra pockets and is just tall enough to keep the bag standing.
that pic it's in my metallic leather

Thanks for posting the pics. I have been reading the other threads talking about organizers for different bags, gathering information, etc. I have decided to buy two different sizes for my different sized bags.

Ikat lovers how are you enjoying your glam ?? I purchased one for an amazing price 66$ at the outlet. But i'm still on the fence about it, I think because I'm having sellers remorse regarding my Legacy glam.

Finally my glam tote is on the way! &#128515; So excited and can't wait for it to get here. Went with the black waxed leather. Will defiantly post pictures when she gets here. Been doing a little more shopping too. Picked up the Poppy hippie in black waxed leather and Poppy double zip wallet in black also. Found the wallet at my outlet yesterday for 50% off. Yay! &#128512; Always love a good deal.

Finally my glam tote is on the way! &#128515; So excited and can't wait for it to get here. Went with the black waxed leather. Will defiantly post pictures when she gets here.

My black waxed Glam is one of my favorite bags. It's super soft, lightweight, and holds a ton. Even the lining is gorgeous. Enjoy it!!!

My black waxed Glam is one of my favorite bags. It's super soft, lightweight, and holds a ton. Even the lining is gorgeous. Enjoy it!!!

I'm sure I will enjoy it. It seems my bags keep growing in size which probably isn't a good thing with my back problems but at least the glam will be lightweight and will most definitely be my go to workhorse bag.