First LV purchase..Delightful, Totally or Speedy B?

kristar said:
That is a really good point.. I like to wear cross body and slung over my shoulder but I would probably never use anything hand held. The only thing that I don't love about the Speedy B is that when it's crossbody it's kind of wide and sticks out. (Almost like the shape of gymbag) so that is my only concern with it. The delightful is really nice but I wish it had a zipper and I really think the Totally will be too small in the straps for me and I would hate the one slipping off the shoulder that you mentioned. Anything else is really out of my price range so I don't know.. Why or why is making this choice so hard? I'm usually not this bad for making up my mind on something. I think it's because I've never spent this much money on a purse before.:biggrin:

You may not want a speedy b then.if you over hear people mocking it and you, how will you feel? Would it be offensive to hear comments about spending thousands for a gym bag? Or an ego stroke.

get a choice that you feel great about, and couldn't care less about other peoples opinions.

For me, that is the speedy.and I've heard everything from compliments to insults to silence when I use it.

Of you are on the fence, keep looking.the right bag will make you want it without question.it won't feel expensive.

I was very hesitant when I received the delightful as a Christmas gift due to the lack of zipper. I decided to keep it and bought a zippered purse to go. It was the perfect decision. I love the purse!

Delightful. I have 3 kids and this is my next purchase. I use a neverfull mm right now, and it works perfect for my life! The delightful is so comfortable, and though I was in love with speedy b! I just felt that it would be uncomfortable with chasing 3 kids! Delightful PM holds so much which ever mom needs! Good luck! Enjoy your purchase you will love what ever you pick!

Also, forgot to mention that I'm afraid of buying preloved because I'm really afraid that it will be a fake... I would always be wondering.

You could go online there are a few sites that sell AUTHENTIC pre-loved bags. It would open up more bags to you...that way you don't feel like you are settling. On the other hand you may want your FIRST LV to be brand new to you....

As I said before, I am anxious to hear what you get. Loving your LV bag is essential!

lvlouis said:
My vote is for delightful! I own a delightful GM and I LOve it!! Very comfortable and holds so much. Looks great with eveything I wear.

Love the Delightful GM!!! Thinking that's going to be my next purchase soon! Because of the size and depth of the GM do you feel like its hard to reach into the bag and find your items? I am only 5ft but I love the zippers on the GM ... adds just a little something!

another speedy b vote!!!:biggrin: the delightful is a bit annoying to get the fold right, and the totally i think looks like a diaper bag ( but that is just my opinion!!:graucho:) i agree with everyone else that with the speedy b you sort of get three bags in one... a shoulder bag, a crossbody bag & a classics handheld bag!! good luck and let us know what you got!!!

So sorry to hear that your first experienced wasn't all you hoped it would be, if you saved your hard earned money the. You deserve to spend it on what you like :smile:

Hi, you are a little right.. I've been dreaming of a Louis Vuitton bag for years and years. I finally saved up quite a bit of money and went on vacation to Florida in January. I went to the Louis Vuitton store for the first time and at that time I tried on speedy B 30, Speedy 30, Neverfull mm, gm and the Delightful pm and mm as well as the Totally pm. At the time I was there I felt really rushed because my mom and 4 yr old daughter was with me. My mom really didn't get my love for any of the bags and thought I was totally out of my mind to pay that much for a bag so it just deflated my sails from the beginning. My sweet parents had also paid for this trip for myself and my daughter. ( We went on a Disney Cruise) I come from a pretty middle class family so I felt major guilt spending my money on this purse while my parents were footing the bill for the trip. ( even though it was a gift from them and they did not want me to pay anything) So, I walked away with the Emile Wallet as it was a pretty good price and did really like it. To this day, I'm regretting not getting a bag, even though, none of the ones I tried on made me feel fantastic. I don't know if it was paying that much for a bag and my moms opinion that ruined it for me or if it's really because I didn't love the bags but love the brand. ( hope this makes sense)

connie42 said:
I was very hesitant when I received the delightful as a Christmas gift due to the lack of zipper. I decided to keep it and bought a zippered purse to go. It was the perfect decision. I love the purse!

Which size Delightful did you get? And what size purse to go? I have the delightful pm and was considering getting a zippered ptg.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum. In LVoe with my Totally PM Azur, Delightful PM Mono, and Rivington GM Ebene

lvlouis said:
My vote is for delightful! I own a delightful GM and I LOve it!! Very comfortable and holds so much. Looks great with eveything I wear.

Ditto. It's my fav, most comfortable bag. I hate my speedy. As a plus girl, my speedy stops mid-arm. It always feels heavy regardless of what I have in it. It was my first, and sits in the closet keeping the other girls company. I hope to one day get the nerve to release her from my possession, but I have not yet. When I do, I already have a new home picked out :smile:

My Delightful is my fav bag--love the strap, the smooshy feel, the roominess--you name it, I love it.