First LV purchase..Delightful, Totally or Speedy B?

verondear said:
I'm suggesting speedy b because speedy design is an iconic classic LV. With the added strap, you can wear it as a shoulder bag, sling over body and hand carry. Good luck with your decision. :smile: It is exciting getting your first LV. Let me warn you LV is addicting. :biggrin:

I agree with everything you said, I've just bought my first bag and already saving for my next one :lolots:

I am bias towards the Totally MM. The Totally is so comfortable to wear yet so chic and fits my everyday lifestyle. It's great to tote everything whether you are using it for work or out shopping. I have the Delightful in the PM size and I don't really like the way I have to adjust the sides of the bag when it's sitting on my shoulder. It may be different/better in the MM size Delightful. I would say the Speedy B is a smart choice because it's a very classic style bag and versatile with the long strap. It's always fun and exciting for me when deciding on a new LV purchase. I guess that is why I am constantly deciding and looking forward to my next piece. Good luck deciding!

Last edited:
Speedy B! I have the 30 and it's the most used bag I own. It's comfortable and I love having different options on how to wear it. I mostly use the shoulder strap minus the middle section, it hangs perfectly that way. Good luck deciding!

I actually own the delightful and I recommend the speedy b. You're getting two bags in one. The delightful is a little tricky getting the slouch right and after awhile the canvas starts to crease which is why I might sell mine.

I own Delightful, speedy and Totally. You can check out my channel http://www.youtube.com/user/bjtaylor02/videos to see video reviews of the bags. Hope it helps. My delightful is a PM. You can check out Queenkattz on YouTube for Delightful MM. I also did a review of the Speedy B which should be up later today so you can check out which bag people are referring to when they vote Speedy B.

I have seen her videos and they are very very helpful! Highly recommend checking YouTube for reviews and that should be helpful!

I recently had the Speedy B and I did not love it at all. I tried to fall in love with it but it just didn't really fit my lifestyle of having children. I also wanted something I could easily fit my iPad into and it was a little tighter than I had preferred. Keep us posted! Anxious to see/hear what you get!

Since this is your first, and one and only, stay classic. You don't want to get a bag that ends up discontinued or more trendy.

Delightful is a really nice bag. But, it's limited, and definitely not a classic. Totally is like a diaper bag. Don't get it.

Your best "one and only LV" is Speedy B (I would also recommend the 35).

I don't think the Totally looks like a diaper bag at all; I wouldn't have bought one if I thought it did. :biggrin: My only annoyance is that one handle kept slipping off my shoulder the first time out with it (MM size). It could have been my shirt which had a slippery fabric so I will reserve judgment for the next wearing.

My next purchase will be the Delightful GM because it suits my casual line of work. I had a Speedy 30 and was tired of carrying it on the forearm. The Speedy B looks great for crossbody but I don't use my bags that way.

Ultimately, you should make a choice based on your own style coupled with the functionality of the bag. Everything else is just opinion, and people tend to base their opinions on what works for them.

I don't think the Totally looks like a diaper bag at all; I wouldn't have bought one if I thought it did. :biggrin: My only annoyance is that one handle kept slipping off my shoulder the first time out with it (MM size). It could have been my shirt which had a slippery fabric so I will reserve judgment for the next wearing.

My next purchase will be the Delightful GM because it suits my casual line of work. I had a Speedy 30 and was tired of carrying it on the forearm. The Speedy B looks great for crossbody but I don't use my bags that way.

Ultimately, you should make a choice based on your own style coupled with the functionality of the bag. Everything else is just opinion, and people tend to base their opinions on what works for them.

That is a really good point.. I like to wear cross body and slung over my shoulder but I would probably never use anything hand held. The only thing that I don't love about the Speedy B is that when it's crossbody it's kind of wide and sticks out. (Almost like the shape of gymbag) so that is my only concern with it. The delightful is really nice but I wish it had a zipper and I really think the Totally will be too small in the straps for me and I would hate the one slipping off the shoulder that you mentioned. Anything else is really out of my price range so I don't know.. Why or why is making this choice so hard? I'm usually not this bad for making up my mind on something. I think it's because I've never spent this much money on a purse before.:biggrin:

OP, would you consider buying pre-loved? It would open up a lot more options for you. It kind of sounds like you are settling - you don't seem to love any of the 3 purses you are considering.

OP, would you consider buying pre-loved? It would open up a lot more options for you. It kind of sounds like you are settling - you don't seem to love any of the 3 purses you are considering.

Hi, you are a little right.. I've been dreaming of a Louis Vuitton bag for years and years. I finally saved up quite a bit of money and went on vacation to Florida in January. I went to the Louis Vuitton store for the first time and at that time I tried on speedy B 30, Speedy 30, Neverfull mm, gm and the Delightful pm and mm as well as the Totally pm. At the time I was there I felt really rushed because my mom and 4 yr old daughter was with me. My mom really didn't get my love for any of the bags and thought I was totally out of my mind to pay that much for a bag so it just deflated my sails from the beginning. My sweet parents had also paid for this trip for myself and my daughter. ( We went on a Disney Cruise) I come from a pretty middle class family so I felt major guilt spending my money on this purse while my parents were footing the bill for the trip. ( even though it was a gift from them and they did not want me to pay anything) So, I walked away with the Emile Wallet as it was a pretty good price and did really like it. To this day, I'm regretting not getting a bag, even though, none of the ones I tried on made me feel fantastic. I don't know if it was paying that much for a bag and my moms opinion that ruined it for me or if it's really because I didn't love the bags but love the brand. ( hope this makes sense)

Also, forgot to mention that I'm afraid of buying preloved because I'm really afraid that it will be a fake... I would always be wondering.

That is a really good point.. I like to wear cross body and slung over my shoulder but I would probably never use anything hand held. The only thing that I don't love about the Speedy B is that when it's crossbody it's kind of wide and sticks out. (Almost like the shape of gymbag) so that is my only concern with it. The delightful is really nice but I wish it had a zipper and I really think the Totally will be too small in the straps for me and I would hate the one slipping off the shoulder that you mentioned. Anything else is really out of my price range so I don't know.. Why or why is making this choice so hard? I'm usually not this bad for making up my mind on something. I think it's because I've never spent this much money on a purse before.:biggrin:

I just recently bought the Totally PM and the straps are really comfortable on my shoulder and do not slip off. I am wondering if I should have bought the MM though. I do not have any small children so do not need to carry any "child items" but I do not think it looks like a diaper bag!! Real comfortable bag to carry - so smooshy and soft!!