First LV purchase..Delightful, Totally or Speedy B?

Definitely speedy b. I've bought LV bags for years and never bought a speedy because I like bags I can sling over my shoulder. But once the speedy b came out I couldn't resist it. It is probably my favorite of all the LV bags I've owned, primarily because of its versatility. I've actually found there are times I like to hand carry a bag but I have the strap when I need it. Good luck with your decision.

You get another vote for a speedy b from me! A speedy is a classic LV and it's even better since you can wear it three ways. Have you checked out the Sully?

Though I agree with the previous poster, if you have the opportunity, go try them on and see which one steals your heart. Ultimately, this will be YOUR bag and not ours. You can't go wrong with either of your options. IMHO.

This might sound kind of stupid of me but what is a Speedy B? Is this a new speedy that LV recently came out with? Could someone post of picture of it or send a link to it? Thanks!

I am going to disagree with some of the posters here... I actually find the speedy B to be a very casual bag - and when used with the shoulder strap, I can't see it as "dressed up". I certainly wouldn't wear it with a suit (when you have the shoulder strap on), for example.

If i were you, I would save a bit more to get the Galleria. I think the Galleria is more versatile than the ones you have listed - and the plate makes it a little more dressy than the delightful.

You get another vote for a speedy b from me! A speedy is a classic LV and it's even better since you can wear it three ways. Have you checked out the Sully?

Though I agree with the previous poster, if you have the opportunity, go try them on and see which one steals your heart. Ultimately, this will be YOUR bag and not ours. You can't go wrong with either of your options. IMHO.

Hi, no, I don't have a LV where I live so I have to order it. I did get the opportunity to try on the speedy b and delightful while vacationing last month. They were however out of the totally mm. I would have bought a bag then but my 4 ye old was there and a little cranky. My mom was there as well. She basically thought I was out of my mind to pay that much for a bag and wad putting down everything I tried on. So, I bought a wallet instead and completely regret not getting a bag. So, the whole experience was too distracting for me. All I remember is thinking
at least the shoulder strap fits me on the delightful as I'm
a plus size girl. Thanks to everyone and their opinions. I really appreciate it! Keep the votes coming.

I own Delightful, speedy and Totally. You can check out my channel http://www.youtube.com/user/bjtaylor02/videos to see video reviews of the bags. Hope it helps. My delightful is a PM. You can check out Queenkattz on YouTube for Delightful MM. I also did a review of the Speedy B which should be up later today so you can check out which bag people are referring to when they vote Speedy B.

I watched several of your video and they are very helpful. Thanks for posting!

You just cannot go wrong with a speedy B.......It is like getting three bags in one. And since this will be your only bag you can dress it up or down. When I go out with the hubby I use it without the strap. For travel I use it crossbody and for every day use I use just the shoulder strap. Never had the delightful but think it would drive me crazy trying to make sure the slouch is just right. As for the totally been there done that. I could not take everyone saying it looks like a diaper bag. You try to just go with it when almost everyone you see with it is a mom with kids. So that is my 2 cents.
Good Luck with your decision. Congrats on your first bag so exciting

I saw the thread with LV regrets. While most ladies have no sentimental attachment to selling unwanted bags, some won't sell their first LV. If you're sentimental too, you might want to buy a classic as some might not like to carry bags no longer in production. Of the 3, Speedy B might become a classic more readily. Ultimately, you should go down to the boutique and see what suits you more. Hoping to see your reveal soon.

andro said:
This might sound kind of stupid of me but what is a Speedy B? Is this a new speedy that LV recently came out with? Could someone post of picture of it or send a link to it? Thanks!

Not sure if your question was answered so if it was, I apologize for the duplication .....the Speedy is now available in two styles.

The Classic Speedy is handheld, no strap option. This is the bag that has been around forever and is considered to be the Iconic piece of LV.

The Speedy B came out in 2010/2011 ( I think) and has a strap. This gives you the option of carrying the bag three different ways (handheld, cross body , and as a shoulder bag).

Go to louisvuitton.com and do a product search for Speedy and you will see pics of all of the bags.......

My vote would be speedy b. i have a delightful pm and i think i am going to sell it because ever since i got her i have not used her too much and it seems to be such a pain folding the middle part all the time. Speedy b gives you options for a handheld, shoulder or crossbody. good luck! :smile: