FAKE CHANEL PEARL NECKLACE, PAYPAL can't help me!! please help....!!!

Hi Merrydish

It is dodgy....Now I'm trying to force the seller to refund me the money first before i send back the necklace...because I'm scared that she will claim that she doesn't receive or anything...

about the "you told your cc company that you're not going to pay to ship for counterfeit goods"...who reimbursed you?? paypal or cc company??

she kept on saying to me that I'm covered by paypal....which I have clearly called paypal and they said I'm not....

Any opinions of How should I force or threaten her to refund me first??

You can't force the seller to refund you before you return the merchandise...and you certainly should not start threatening her. Even if you were covered by Ebay (which you are not since you bought off Ebay) they would insist that you return the merchandise with signature confirmation first before they would issue a refund.

Call Paypal again and explain your problem getting a confirmed address and see if they will provide one. Since you paid by credit card, call your cc company open a dispute and ask them where to send the item. They also will want proof you shipped it back.....and that means you will need a tracking number and signature confirmation. Follow their instructions to the letter.

I use AMEX which offers great protection for consumers. They claimed they got Paypal to pay for the return postage in my case....but I always suspected they ate the cost. All credit card companies are different so you need to find out what yours offers.

Hi Starium

Yes i did the deal outside ebay as she said she can pass on the savings to me...and asked me to use personal tab on paypal instead....I thought since there was a buyer before me, so it should be alright.....and she also sent me pic of the receipt....so i thought should be fine...

and when i received the necklace and posted here, one of the authenticators confirmed that it's a fake...she didnt refuse to refund, but she said she can't refund the shipping cost, which she charge me for 62 CAD.... and she wants me to ship under her friend's address, because she claimed she rents her apartment to her friend...

I told her that I want confirmed address bearing her name, just like in her driving license...so I can have confirmed details and proof that i sent to the correct address.....and again, I'm scared that she can claim she doesn't receive it....

so now I try to force her refund me the money...she said she's scared that I will not return it...and i told her just press the refund button and leave note for me that I have to return the necklace, so at least it's documented...

well, I gotta tell you, ebay is getting scarier....i saw her feedback before, she told one auth. chanel...it looks alright for me....so that's why i though it should be fine buying from her...well who knows...maybe it's only a bait for buyers....

Hi

I am very sorry that this happened to you. First of all my husband has been a member of Ebay for few years, and have 500 or so positive feedbacks as a buyer never had a problem. On the hand my feedback is less than a hundred, and believed me, just this year alone I probably had bought about 5 fake designer things: one Gucci bag that the owner admitted buying over some internet website; three Louis Vuitton bags;and a LV Ribera bag for $800 which got settled though paypal after lots of email and long waiting. One LV handbag I had to fight the seller because she wants her fake handbag back. Last was a Burberry coat. I paid with the buy it now price without checking on the seller’s feedback. I did ask the seller if it’s real and the seller said it is real. I received the coat, and I was disappointed because it was not real. The coat has the Burberry tag, but I compared it with the original tag from the Burberry store, and it was a copy. I also checked out the seller’s feedback, and saw the same jacket was previously sold with same picture and description. I emailed the seller, and asked her if the jacket was real. She was persistent that it is real. It was an awful copy, but luckily we just agreed to return the item and she refunded me the money.

Reading all these bad experiences I had, you might think right now that I should stop spending money on Ebay. And I should. But I get very good deals on Ebay as long as I bought some things from honest sellers. There are honest sellers’ out there, but there are bad ones too. As a buyer I think, you are protected with Ebay or Paypal as long as you do your purchasing from them and not outside Ebay. The way I understand Ebay is they favor buyer to the extent of sellers’ hating it. If you are doing your business outside Ebay, then I would say you are in trouble because they don’t care. Hopefully I am wrong. I do hope things will work out fine for you, and I am sorry that this happened. I guess your best resolution is to contact you’re CC, and ask their help. Keep us informed…

Yikes! This seller is definetly sketchy...also her listings are located in Canada and Hong Kong. Its weird because recently I have had a few buyers request off ebay transactions.

hi ladies...

Thanks for all your supports....=D

I have successfully got my refund back from her....as I told her, I'll go to police as I ahve evidence and statement that her necklace is fake....after all the long emails and waiting, she was scared and refund me....and now I'll send the necklace back....

I paid 999 for the necklace with shipping included....first time she refused to give me full refund because she claimed that she paid 62 CAD for the shipping cost to Australia....which of course I refused, because It's not my fault and responsibility to absorb the shipping cost since I receive a fake item

She only wanted to refund 930 usd to me...then somehow she said no partial refund option on paypal and she refunded me full (999 usd)....OF course I'm very happy.....

BUT...she still asks me to pay her 62 CAD for the initial shipping cost that she lost....

I don't think I want to pay the shipping cost that she claimed....because it's not my fault at all.....right? What do u guys think??

I am definitely paying for the returned shipping to Canada, which will cost me 70 AUD ~ 60 USD.....and I'm paying from my own pocket....so I don't feel that it's my responsibility at all to pay for her initial shipping cost....since she's the one at fault

AM i right??

hi ladies...

Thanks for all your supports....=D

I have successfully got my refund back from her....as I told her, I'll go to police as I ahve evidence and statement that her necklace is fake....after all the long emails and waiting, she was scared and refund me....and now I'll send the necklace back....

I paid 999 for the necklace with shipping included....first time she refused to give me full refund because she claimed that she paid 62 CAD for the shipping cost to Australia....which of course I refused, because It's not my fault and responsibility to absorb the shipping cost since I receive a fake item

She only wanted to refund 930 usd to me...then somehow she said no partial refund option on paypal and she refunded me full (999 usd)....OF course I'm very happy.....

BUT...she still asks me to pay her 62 CAD for the initial shipping cost that she lost....

I don't think I want to pay the shipping cost that she claimed....because it's not my fault at all.....right? What do u guys think??

I am definitely paying for the returned shipping to Canada, which will cost me 70 AUD ~ 60 USD.....and I'm paying from my own pocket....so I don't feel that it's my responsibility at all to pay for her initial shipping cost....since she's the one at fault

AM i right??

I am so happy that this work out great for you .

YAY!! :yahoo: Love good endings....and YES you are correct..Their is NO way in the world I would pay her for her shipping fees..LOL She should be super happy you are not insisting her to also pay the return shipping as well.KWIM.You did nothing wrong but buy form her..ps.... also off ebay which I too have done but it also turned out bad so will NEVER do it again..Lesson learned,so happy for you...:woohoo:

Correct me if I am wrong. I thought Ebay or Paypal will not able to help out if there are problems once you purchased outside ebay? Is your transaction made outside Ebay? Just curios because you said that you made a deal with the seller. Don't ship the item unless you have a confirmed address, just in case seller denied receiving the item. Call your CC company. I would also pay extra for confirmed signature and tracking if you return the item. This sound so fishy to me, hope things will be alright.
I believe that paypal protects you wherever you buy or sell from. I use paypal for my own website and as long as you are mailing to a confirmed address it should be covered. I don't know if it protects buyers though...because I never had to worry since I am always the seller

hi ladies...

Thank you for all you inputs....

Yes, no way that I will pay her the shipping cost....

I have to take my own money to ship the fake necklace back to her...and she still wants to claim her initial shipping cost.....

and as for her news auction....i think she is using another user ID for selling the chanel pearl necklace...

this is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-CHANE...ltDomain_2?hash=item3358aa4441#ht_3772wt_1165

this is even diff user ID than the one that I saw 2 days ago....the user name has "adam" sth...and i reported to ebay and i think ebay closed it...and now she is using another ID..and..geez.............the user id is rainbowstormy

and you see...she pursposedly use this particular feedback and post a reply feedback to show that she's selling auth. chanel necklace...

now I wonder whether the buyers are her friends....

It happened to me before..this scammers...from UK..i believe some of us know him...he goes by name of MR. WHITE....sounds familiar?? lol

well anyhow...just be careful....she is using the same pics and description all over...and the pearl necklace is from 07 collection and the oval tag, the position of the pearl on cc and the receipt are all wrong...the receipt is from HK boutique and she claimed the retail price is 1100 USD....

Be careful ladies, I'll report this again to ebay...

I believe that paypal protects you wherever you buy or sell from. I use paypal for my own website and as long as you are mailing to a confirmed address it should be covered. I don't know if it protects buyers though...because I never had to worry since I am always the seller

Hi efashionlive...

yes paypal does protect to certain degree ~ if you make a purchase or sell something........but if you don't buy via ebay.....they're just crappy in addressing your complaint and many times they are rude....

what i did wrong is that i followed her suggestion to use personal tab instead....which makes me not covered by paypal...and paypal is out of hand from this..they're just acting as an intermediate for sending and receiving the money, but can't interfere with the dispute...

Call your CC company now, and ask them all these questions. They can tell you immediately whether sending to another address, whether the seller closes her paypal account etc will still entitle you to your charge back. Your cc company is in a better position to advise you than us, as I believe that different cc companies have different policies, esp since (I think) you're from Australia, your cc company may not have as good a charge back policy as those from the US.

Agree here and hope this works out for you