FAKE CHANEL PEARL NECKLACE, PAYPAL can't help me!! please help....!!!

gals_ville

purse addict!!!
O.G.
Apr 30, 2007
Hi Ladies...

I just bought a chanel pearl necklace recently.....The auction was on ebay....and the seller seems to be promising...the seller is located in Canada...

I run the auction in authentication forum...and one of the ladies said it looks good...

The seller said If i can do outside ebay and pay via paypal "PERSONAL TAB", she can lower down the price and I thought should be ok....

I then paid via paypal Personal tab using my credit card...

Yesterday I received the necklace...and I take pictures of that necklace and posted it again...turned out after close comparison, the necklace is fake...It's a very good fake actually...here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...8&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:CA:1123#ht_3255wt_939

the seller's ID is everlovejuicy

I contacted her and she said she's willing to refund but minus shipping cost and I have to pay shipping back...I tried to open a dispute on paypal and paypal didnt allow me because I'm using personal tab....

So my last resort is my credit card company....

The seller asked me to return the necklace to her friend's address because she said she's moving to new place soon....and it sounds dodgy for me...because If i send to this address and I get a shipping confirmation, I'm scared that I don't have any proof that it's for her...and I'll loose...

I tried to ask her the confirmed address...so it's safer for me..

what do you guys think I should do now...?? I'm scared that I will loose money even after i send out the item.....If someone else signed for the package, will it be ok?

PLEASE HELP ME............why do I always meet this kind of seller :cry::cry:

Seeing how Paypal won't help you, I'm not sure it matters what address you send it too. It is really dodgy, so keep a copy of all the emails she sent you. Print them out and also write down her contact info on Ebay. Wherever you mail it, make sure someone has to sign for it.

File a dispute with your credit card company right away. Just let them know you were sold a counterfeit item. It's illegal for that stuff to be sold period, so whether you mail it in the meantime shouldn't matter.

yes, some ladies have suggested that i keep all her emails...my cc company also wants to see that proof...

but how can i show that I have sent to the correct address since she gave me her friend's address...I'm scared my cc company thought that i sent to wrong address on purpose...but i still have her email asking me to send to that particular address...

Technically, counterfeit goods shouldn't be trafficked period, so where you return it shouldn't matter, plus, if you have the emails stating to mail it to a particular address, that should be enough to cover you.* She's still has quite a few items on sale including more Chanel pearl necklaces, have you contacted Ebay?* Advise them that you were contacted by the Seller to do the transaction off Ebay, and were sold a counterfeit item.

Technically, counterfeit goods shouldn't be trafficked period, so where you return it shouldn't matter, plus, if you have the emails stating to mail it to a particular address, that should be enough to cover you.* She's still has quite a few items on sale including more Chanel pearl necklaces, have you contacted Ebay?* Advise them that you were contacted by the Seller to do the transaction off Ebay, and were sold a counterfeit item.

I havent contacted ebay yet....How can i contact ebay, while I'm not bidding on her item? Just got to the report section, isn't it??

well, what you said is makes sense....counterfeit goods shouldn't be trafficked period....However, I'm scared that My cc company wants to have some assurance that I send the goods back to where it belong....well since she said that i should send the item to that address, and I have her email, i think it should be ok, right??

Any opinions?

Call your CC company now, and ask them all these questions. They can tell you immediately whether sending to another address, whether the seller closes her paypal account etc will still entitle you to your charge back. Your cc company is in a better position to advise you than us, as I believe that different cc companies have different policies, esp since (I think) you're from Australia, your cc company may not have as good a charge back policy as those from the US.

Yes, that sure sounds like a very dodgy seller!

I had a similar situation once and telephoned my credit card company which helped me every step of the way. Explain that the necklace is counterfeit and that the seller is moving so you can not be certain she is giving you a correct address for a return. Ask your cc company exactly how you should handle the return. Mine told me NOT to return my item until THEY got the correct address from Ebay and Paypal.

I've also told my cc company I do not pay to ship counterfeit goods.....so they also reimbursed me for return shipping.

Correct me if I am wrong. I thought Ebay or Paypal will not able to help out if there are problems once you purchased outside ebay? Is your transaction made outside Ebay? Just curios because you said that you made a deal with the seller. Don't ship the item unless you have a confirmed address, just in case seller denied receiving the item. Call your CC company. I would also pay extra for confirmed signature and tracking if you return the item. This sound so fishy to me, hope things will be alright.

She has terrible feedback.

Your only hope is with your credit card company. I am reading that you did this off eBay right? You did not put the item number in the payment block.

That is why ebay has so many warnings about doing stuff off eBay. That's one heck of alot of money to lose. $25 is one thing, $1200 is another.

It says one sold. Are you the actual buyer? If so I would try eBay. Call them.

Yes, that sure sounds like a very dodgy seller!

I had a similar situation once and telephoned my credit card company which helped me every step of the way. Explain that the necklace is counterfeit and that the seller is moving so you can not be certain she is giving you a correct address for a return. Ask your cc company exactly how you should handle the return. Mine told me NOT to return my item until THEY got the correct address from Ebay and Paypal.

I've also told my cc company I do not pay to ship counterfeit goods.....so they also reimbursed me for return shipping.

Hi Merrydish

It is dodgy....Now I'm trying to force the seller to refund me the money first before i send back the necklace...because I'm scared that she will claim that she doesn't receive or anything...

about the "you told your cc company that you're not going to pay to ship for counterfeit goods"...who reimbursed you?? paypal or cc company??

she kept on saying to me that I'm covered by paypal....which I have clearly called paypal and they said I'm not....

Any opinions of How should I force or threaten her to refund me first??

Correct me if I am wrong. I thought Ebay or Paypal will not able to help out if there are problems once you purchased outside ebay? Is your transaction made outside Ebay? Just curios because you said that you made a deal with the seller. Don't ship the item unless you have a confirmed address, just in case seller denied receiving the item. Call your CC company. I would also pay extra for confirmed signature and tracking if you return the item. This sound so fishy to me, hope things will be alright.

Hi Starium

Yes i did the deal outside ebay as she said she can pass on the savings to me...and asked me to use personal tab on paypal instead....I thought since there was a buyer before me, so it should be alright.....and she also sent me pic of the receipt....so i thought should be fine...

and when i received the necklace and posted here, one of the authenticators confirmed that it's a fake...she didnt refuse to refund, but she said she can't refund the shipping cost, which she charge me for 62 CAD.... and she wants me to ship under her friend's address, because she claimed she rents her apartment to her friend...

I told her that I want confirmed address bearing her name, just like in her driving license...so I can have confirmed details and proof that i sent to the correct address.....and again, I'm scared that she can claim she doesn't receive it....

so now I try to force her refund me the money...she said she's scared that I will not return it...and i told her just press the refund button and leave note for me that I have to return the necklace, so at least it's documented...

well, I gotta tell you, ebay is getting scarier....i saw her feedback before, she told one auth. chanel...it looks alright for me....so that's why i though it should be fine buying from her...well who knows...maybe it's only a bait for buyers....

She has terrible feedback.

Your only hope is with your credit card company. I am reading that you did this off eBay right? You did not put the item number in the payment block.

That is why ebay has so many warnings about doing stuff off eBay. That's one heck of alot of money to lose. $25 is one thing, $1200 is another.

It says one sold. Are you the actual buyer? If so I would try eBay. Call them.

Hi noshoepolish

Nope, there was another buyer before me...she claimed that she has 2 diff necklaces....so at that time, i thought that it should be fine buying it as there was a buyer as well...and i even authenticated here...but after close inspection upon received, turned out to be fake....